What's new

PAF vs. IAF Analysis- Air Combat Over the Subcontinent

Status
Not open for further replies.
you havnt given the link for the 'top gun'

I'll have to dig up in my personal archives, might take some time but I'll pm the info to you asap with official links.
I believe there's a lot of information about PAF F-16 experience on F-16.net aswell.

Ex-PAF Sir Muradk has flown with Americans, I'm sure he has a lot to tell about his experiences aswell.

if you'd have said that paf pilots are world class...i'd have not persisted...bu saying that they are better than IAf pilots is a tall claim i will surely be patiently waiting for the archives you'd be digging.and even i'd not say that IAF pilots are unbeatable or invincible or even better than USAF pilots...or ruskie pilots...i can surely say that we are world-class.

I never made any claim on IAF's pilots or their skills, just defended PAF on my part. They're world class, often praised by USAF pilots to be in the same class as themselves or IDAF.

Did you know that during the First US-Iraq war, Operation Dessert Storm (1991) USAF's only fear and real threat was Iraqi Air Force Mirage F-1's? Not for its avionics or weaponsuit but simply for the fact that the F-1 pilots were trained by PAF.

yes and that the idaf pilots feared facing the paf pilots...if you'd read my earlier posts i acknowledged that paf pilots are very good...but then the argument shifted to paf pilots being better than iaf pilots...and i was eager to know how.

but then the argument shifted to paf pilots being better than iaf pilots...and i was eager to know how.

I'm sorry if this is disappointing for you, but I believe the combined kill ratios between the two air forces in 1965 and 1971 proves that. I don't know exactly what the figures are (according to USAF Gen (R) Chuck Yeager, as you may already know, the ratio was atleast 3:1 for PAF in 1965), but a simple Google search will reveal them. Or, hopefully, one of the senior forum members will provide that information.

oh yeah...i forgot that pakistan is the most powerful nation...and that you are a nuclear muslim nation...the only nuclear muslim nation....and sovereign too....and oh yes democratic.....and that you ruled us for 1000 years....richer...blah blah...

How can these types of posts be allowed? It provides no useful information. Just sarcasm. When I speak against it, my posts are deleted.

Admin suggestion: Kindly report any post that might not be appropriate. Dont post in the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look people, this is just a whose got the bigger dick contest, The article which started this whole contest is part rubbish part fact.

Coming to the Fact part, I am Patriotic but I am not STUPID. The IAF will have a hard time if it tries to achieve Air supremacy in Pakistani Airspace because PAF is not a rag tag group, Its a highly efficient Fighting Force PERIOD

PAF cannot dream of Achieving Air Supremacy in Indian Sky either, coz It will be a loosing battle for them. They Wont Try it either, Coz Like I said, They are not Stupid. They Will Defend their Airspace.

The IAF has Qualitative and Quantitative ADVANTAGE at the Moment and It will SkyRocket Once the MRCA deal is done. But IAF will not try to achieve air superiority in whole of Pakistan, it will Just Want superiority in the Theater of Battle. Thats where PAF should worry about.

Russian Equipment are among the best, If it was Obsolete and bad tech, the USA wouldnt still be Wary of the Russians. Yes they do have Nukes, but They also got the best weapons. The Chinks just Copy Paste Russian technology. Its not Improved or anything, It maybe Inferior I feel (I dont know).

How can these types of posts be allowed? It provides no useful information. Just sarcasm. When I speak against it, my posts are deleted.
the mods cant check and delete all the messages, its not humanly possible, so such posts are not deleted. but they will be sooner or later!

I'm sorry if this is disappointing for you, but I believe the combined kill ratios between the two air forces in 1965 and 1971 proves that. I don't know exactly what the figures are (according to USAF Gen (R) Chuck Yeager, as you may already know, the ratio was atleast 3:1 for PAF in 1965), but a simple Google search will reveal them. Or, hopefully, one of the senior forum members will provide that information.

yes now we are talking!i would have not been sarcastic if you'd have posted something like this sooner.anyway...chuck yeager as i remember was the advisor to the 1971 pakistani air force.here in india when we gotta know about chuck praising the paf over iaf(which only the pakistanis claim)...the first reaction was to lugh over the whole thing!
the paf was the USAf reflection in the subcontinent trained by the us against it's 'soviet' rival..personified in us.no wonder they'd have wanted us to lose.
the kill ratios reported here in india are different my friend and go against all your claims.however show me a neutral listing...and i will believe.and no yank praise!
and 1971 and 1965 are history now...talk in terms of how capable we are today...

and i have heard that he was mad when an iaf guy shot his beach plane...he was sure that indira gandhi had given exclusive instructions to the pilot of destroying chuck's beach plane!!!
lol..

I never made any claim on IAF's pilots or their skills, just defended PAF on my part. They're world class, often praised by USAF pilots to be in the same class as themselves or IDAF.

Did you know that during the First US-Iraq war, Operation Dessert Storm (1991) USAF's only fear and real threat was Iraqi Air Force Mirage F-1's? Not for its avionics or weaponsuit but simply for the fact that the F-1 pilots were trained by PAF.

Did the fear turn out to have any real basis? ;)

Chuck was the advisor to the PAF, ofcourse he will say PAF is the greatest (its good, not great) otherwise Chuck Would be considered a Failure wouldnt he be??? :)

the kill ratios reported here in india are different my friend and go against all your claims.however show me a neutral listing...and i will believe.and no yank praise!
and 1971 and 1965 are history now...talk in terms of how capable we are today...
If the IAF is so powerful and mighty then why havn't they attacked already??

if you dont learn lessons from your own history, then you're in denial... and you know as the saying goes, "history repeats itself"

Look people, this is just a whose got the bigger dick contest, The article which started this whole contest is part rubbish part fact.

Coming to the Fact part, I am Patriotic but I am not STUPID. The IAF will have a hard time if it tries to achieve Air supremacy in Pakistani Airspace because PAF is not a rag tag group, Its a highly efficient Fighting Force PERIOD

PAF cannot dream of Achieving Air Supremacy in Indian Sky either, coz It will be a loosing battle for them. They Wont Try it either, Coz Like I said, They are not Stupid. They Will Defend their Airspace.

The IAF has Qualitative and Quantitative ADVANTAGE at the Moment and It will SkyRocket Once the MRCA deal is done. But IAF will not try to achieve air superiority in whole of Pakistan, it will Just Want superiority in the Theater of Battle. Thats where PAF should worry about.

Russian Equipment are among the best, If it was Obsolete and bad tech, the USA wouldnt still be Wary of the Russians. Yes they do have Nukes, but They also got the best weapons. The Chinks just Copy Paste Russian technology. Its not Improved or anything, It maybe Inferior I feel (I dont know).

Dude the last three words sum up your entire post...its clearly certain that you dont know what you're talking about, then please shut up and listen first...

pray tell me which country in the world doesn't copy and learn from other's advancement in military hardware and technology?

If the IAF is so powerful and mighty then why havn't they attacked already??

if you dont learn lessons from your own history, then you're in denial... and you know as the saying goes, "history repeats itself"

Dude the last three words sum up your entire post...its clearly certain that you dont know what you're talking about, then please shut up and listen first...

pray tell me which country in the world doesn't copy and learn from other's advancement in military hardware and technology?
Its not a shame to admit we dont know something, Chinese Fighters etc dont have the necessary credibility in the world that the Russian/european/american stuff has.

Single advice for you- STOP BEING AN INTERNET WARRIOR! GET A LIFE

Did the fear turn out to have any real basis? ;)

Does it matter?

What does matter that USAF with a massive and far superior force considered them as a potential threat just because they were trained by PAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom