What's new

PAF, USAF conduct joint Air Refuelling Exercise

i red somwhere ( dun remeber the source as red it many months ago) that Paf is looking for KC-135 tanker for there f-16 they will buy 2nd hand from US i.e ex USAF

It really seems that US is trying to build up our capacity through training in key areas (Setting up Special Warfare Center for Navy near Gharo Creek, Quick Reaction Battalions at Corps. level, Air to Air Refueling training etc) and asking us to focus upon economy. The up side of all of this might be that we would know how to fish and once we have the money we get whatever we want.

I think the real winner out this would be us even they do not give us the top of the line equipment -- we would build the knowledge base and the Chinese to get the hardware!

Picture4.jpg

Picture9.jpg

Picture51.jpg

Picture7.jpg

:cheers:

one has to remember that they r pretty expensive to operate, because they r bit too old!

The clip is not accurate at all which is compiled of different exercise most probably French-US one. That is not PAF Mirage-III equipped with refueling prob which is on top of right air intake.

Those are Mirage 2000's:D

well im damn sure know paf was looking for refueling system for F 16 our ex paf chief also mentioned in his interview if they dont wanted to sell us than why the show their refuler to us and get fimmiliar to the system im sure paf will get atleast 3 of them and i have one question how many fighter jets can KC 135 can refuel and how many IL 78 can refuel according to mu info IL can refuel 4 to5 jets if it is true than it is useless

well im damn sure know paf was looking for refueling system for F 16 our ex paf chief also mentioned in his interview if they dont wanted to sell us than why the show their refuler to us and get fimmiliar to the system im sure paf will get atleast 3 of them

it will not b a wise idea to buy kc-135 coz they will cost alot in maintainance even more thn there purchasing price as they are too old some are even more than 50 years old even USAF want to get rid of them

Here is a fact

Between 1993 and 2003, the amount of KC-135 depot maintenance work doubled, and the overhaul cost per aircraft tripled.[17] In 1996 it cost $8,400 per flight hour for the KC-135, and in 2002 this had grown to $11,000. The Air Force’s 15-year cost estimates project further significant growth through fiscal year 2017. For example, operations and support costs for the KC-135 fleet are estimated to grow from about $2.2 billion in fiscal year 2003 to $5.1 billion (2003 dollars) in fiscal year 2017, an increase of $2.9 billion, or over 130 percent, which represents an annual growth rate of about 6.2 percent

Well wise or not kc-135 or not we need a platform for our f-16's even if it 2 or 3 in number it is very well needed ..

why not but new version of this or airbus european version too

why not but new version of this or airbus european version too

doesnt look possible coz PAF wanted Air refueling system to be fitted on Airbus -310 as they have experience in overhauling and maintainance but the company was rather offering A-330 coz according to them A-310 is not in production anymore n i dun thnk PAF will buy A-330 coz of their high price and new setup for their maintainance even indian defence ministry cancelled the tender for A-330 (MRTT) due to their high cost as compared to il-78

Back
Top Bottom