What's new

PAF Took 6 minutes to respond to IAF airspace violation last year

Out of memory, I am recalling some senior official mentioning response time to be between 2.5 - 3.0 minutes.

Is this a good time? I think its a very long time to respond. But I mnot an expert.

However, such raids are carried out to assess enemy's readiness.

Is this a good time? I think its a very long time to respond. But I mnot an expert.

However, such raids are carried out to assess enemy's readiness.

Whether it is a good time or not depends on many factors, for example where the intrusion took place, and what ingress route was being followed. If the IAF jets came within striking distance of a vital installation, then of course this is not a good response time, if the PAF would not have been able to prevent it. On the other hand, if they still had enough time to prevent the IAF jets from reaching or striking any valuable target, then I suppose it doesn't matter. We don't have any data to asess this, only the air forces of both countries do.

Hi,

I would say---the air force would intentionally be changing response time---some responses will be slower than the others---just to keep the opponent on their tows.

Oh----and just for you people info---all the BLK 52 f16's that PAF has---have already made incursions into india to check if there were any kill switches going active---so far no kill switch activity found---:chilli::chilli::chilli:.

Last edited:
I often think that my life would've been so much more meaningful had I joined the Army; this mundane existence of a civilian where you kill yourself at work to get a promotion so that you can do twice as much work for a sh*t load of money most of which either gets spent on your family's ever piling list of farmishaaaiiin or the usual bills, is such a kill-joy !

I would've been so much better as a soldier working towards something more palpable & immediately conspicuous & permeating - Defense of the Motherland !

Think again, my bro is stuck somewhere in Sindh :lol: told him sir kay ziyda kaam na karo manta hei nahi bohat efficiency dekhata hai. Thanks I have a different approach.

6 minutes is good time , however once we induct the SAM the defensive needs would improve further

No it is not. My friend working in IAF told me, its basically a curse to be as a pilot in IAF. In nights, these guys sleep with all their pilot dresses and gears on. They have to take off the aircraft in 3 min, crossing which, disciplinary actions are taken,

Think again, my bro is stuck somewhere in Sindh :lol: told him sir kay ziyda kaam na karo manta hei nahi bohat efficiency dekhata hai. Thanks I have a different approach.

Be that as it may, rora, but being a part of the SSG fighting to protect those who can't protect themselves would've been a life worth living ! :)

Firstly, I don't know where this 6 minutes response time has come from. Nowhere in the video has this been mentioned. A figment of the OPs imagination?

Secondly, there are three states of readiness:

Scramble from Operations Readiness Rooms: This means pilots being ready with their G-suits on and always in a ready mode. The phone rings, siren goes off, pilots pick up their helmets, dash to their aircraft, jump into the cockpit, quickly strap out, taxi out, line up and take off with full after burners to intercept the enemy aircraft . The average scramble time in case of any emergency should take around 5 to 6 minutes to take off. Now add the time to target and interception. This depends on the distance from the airfield to the target.

ORP (Operations Readiness Platform): In this scenario the pilots are strapped out and ready in the cockpit. Aircraft loadouts are ready with AIMs, for interception. On orders, the engines are fired up, taxi out, line up and take off with full after burners. Instructions/briefing to pilots is given in situ. Time taken for getting airborne could be 2-3 minutes.

Point to note is that cockpit standby time can last for hours and in intense weather conditions it becomes extremely difficult for the pilots to sit in that cramped space of the cockpit with helmet and G-suit on for hours.

CAP (Combat Air Patrol): In this scenario, the pilot is already in the air with the aircraft fully loaded and armed for specific missions, waiting for orders from ground control. This method is extremely expensive in fuel and wear and tear on the aircraft as well as fatigue of the pilot. But this method is always adopted during active hostilities where a number of aircraft are kept airborne for immediate action.

Gutsy Indians flying into airspace of Pakistan they are testing you people all the time.

All part of training and assessing how to strike and where to strike if the need arises in the future. The news suggests Indian ar force where in pak airspace for several minuteswhich should be a concern.

Gutsy Indians flying into airspace of Pakistan they are testing you people all the time.

All part of training and assessing how to strike and where to strike if the need arises in the future. The news suggests Indian ar force where in pak airspace for several minuteswhich should be a concern.

:lol:

whats gutsy about it?

Even a rookie pilot can do it.

This is a game.

Countries test each others' capabilities. As long as it is not able to be a potential threat, you shouldn't do anything.

There are a lot of examples.

Russian aircrafts sometimes fly near Turkish border, a Russian submarine once got very closer to American shores, media was joking about how the States couldn't prevent it, but the US did the right thing by not responding to hide their capabilities...

Last edited:
In peacetime I might add.

This would be when the ADA is of peace time...in heightened tensions, the pilots on alert may be sitting in their cockpits all day, reading 'khawateen digest' to kill time (yup, this does happen!).

As for this particular case, God knows the exact conditions of this. As you rightly said, there are ALOT of factors to determine this...and to definitively make a comment.

Can u imagine if it was @Armstrong as pilot with his Ladies of Accounting Magazines Response time could be hours?:close_tema::pissed:

Hi,

They are checking out the sam sites----paks do the same as well.

Assuming, in a MAD scenario - an IAF mirage 2000 will surely get to Lahore or Karachi and drop its deadlly payload in a 6 minute window...I would be more interested to know if a PAF jet has escaped more than a few minutes in Indian airspace without being scared back...I would be interested in authentic sources rather than the usual numerous PAF fanboi's accounts.

Hi,

They are checking out the sam sites----paks do the same as well.

They probably found nothing, since the Mobile SAMs wouldn't be 'On', with Radars not emitting, you can't locate them. Can do a visual verification, but again, they would be hidden.

Mobile SAMs are the toughest to track down, if you found them, they are probably painting you as the target.

Back
Top Bottom