What's new

PAF to seek more Chinese aircraft, says air chief

Erieye is one system AWACS, but I mean to go into venture to jointly design a air born radar so that both counteries can advance in mastering the AWACS eventually.

Dude as I said ERIEYE (7 units to be procured) Hawkeye 2000 on E-3 airframe (3 units to be procured) and the system from China that is being looked at.
China is developing three different systems Y-8 (rotodome and balance beam variants) and the KJ-2000

China is developing three different systems Y-8 (rotodome and balance beam variants) and the KJ-2000

Let me add something to this as well during the JF-17 thunder briefing, the ACM said the Chinese system is good and needs to be worked on a little more to meet PAF specification and MoU was also signed so technically we are involved in the JV with them already (for the improvements of Y-8). About the KJ-2000 I don't have much informantion on that, and remember the Y-8 was in PAF base before as well. :tup:

Lol, Keysersoze WHEN THE HELL did K-8 become a JOINT VENTURE with China?

Excuse me? are you reading the same pages as everyone else? k-8 was not mentioned. If you are refering to the KJ then come back and we'll have a discussion about that.

sorry, it was paksniper who said K-8 was JV with China.

But do tell me about KJ though.

If you take some time to Google and read, during the Thunder briefing ACM said PAF engineers' are working with the Chinese on the Y-8 (not the K-8 that you are talking about), so that it meets PAF specifications and that a MoU was signed.

Nope he said Y-8 ....... thats still different from a K-8 but just for you......

K-8 Karakorum
China and Pakistan agreed to jointly develop the K-8 Karakorum jet trainer, which was planned to incorporate significant American content, including Garrett engines, and Collins and Magnavox avionics. The develpment of this project was jeopardized US restrictions levied by the United States following the June 1989 Tienanmen Square massacre. Manufacture of four prototypes started January 1989, and the first flight test was conducted on 21 November 1990. A total of 12 aircraft (six each to China and Pakistan) were delivered by end of 1996. Pakistan decided against domestic series production in 1994. While the original plan involved up to 75 aircraft for Pakistan, by early 1996 as many as 100 were reportedly desired to replace aging Cessna T-37 trainers. The Chinese requirement may range up to several hundred, which would be powered by the Progress AI-25 turbofans imported from Russia beginning in 1997.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/row/k-8.htm

Y-8 has been developed by China. It was shown to Pakistan in Chaklala airbase recently. There is no co-production no JV. Its Chinese. Should Pakistan acquire them, good for Pakistan. But reportedly, it did not meet PAF's requirements.

Back
Top Bottom