What's new

PAF to receive 6 F-16 BLK 52

Hi, kindly please read the conditions placed on these planes, according to this article. Take care.

US to deliver 18 F-16s to Pakistan by month?s end – The Express Tribune

Informed sources said that the fighters were being delivered to Pakistan under a series of strict conditions by Washington. One of these stipulations is that Pakistan would not use the jets in any conflict with India, the source further added.

Another condition is that American air force engineers will accompany the delivery of the F-16s and supervise not only the air base but also the operations to be carried out by PAF against Taliban and al Qaeda.

Furthermore, though flown by PAF pilots, the logistics, management and control of the F-16s will be with the US engineers.

“Some American engineers will accompany the new fighter jets and will help the PAF engineers operate these F-16s for a short period accordingly,” a senior PAF official said, however hastening to add that no American pilots will be stationed at Shahbaz Airbase, he stressed.

“No foreigner, not even from the friendliest countries, will be allowed to have access to Shahbaz Airbase,” a source said, revealing the security and secrecy surrounding the deal.

WOW !!
Does that mean we are purchasing show pieces worth billions ??
:angry:

Arent prices uspposed to fall over period ??
There are much more types of better Fighter coming up so the prices were supposed to fall !!

Anyways, Congratz to PAF and whole Pakistan :pakistan:
If you ask for older jets like block 15.... Then maybe yes...

But here we are talking about Block 52. Its a new aircraft and will cost as much as any other new air craft. Also matters like Inflation, Labour cost increase, more R&D, Material cost increase make the aircraft more expensive as compared to previous years.

Good news. i'm really happy for PAF!

Although i think 18 is a small number and we must exercise our option for another 18 blk 52's in the future when our economy become a bit stable.

Anyway these are enough to counter any threat from our enemies at the moment. Let's see what future reserves for us.....JF-17's, FC-20's, J-XX!!!:smitten:

Arent prices uspposed to fall over period ??
There are much more types of better Fighter coming up so the prices were supposed to fall !!

Anyways, Congratz to PAF and whole Pakistan :pakistan:

lol are u kidding me

well its not the case with the passage of time prices tend to rise due to various reasons like inflation,devaluation of money,more improvement in technology etc etc

Nup it isint.
The earlier was about a few weeks ago whereas the clips are for a long time. :no:

i am not saying that these are the ones deliverd today. the jet in that vedio are amongthe first of Blk52 for PAF :cheers:

Where are they going to land
they are at Shahbaz airbase, Jaccobabad-Sindh. have already landed

Thnx ure keeping good track of them...:woot::)

well thanks to my friend,
i requested him for some first hand shots of kandin aircrafts as well. maybe if thry thin it is OK for security i can get them, will post if got access to them for sure!

Six more high tech new fighter F-16 aircrafts reached Pakistan from United States today. With landing of six F-16 at Jacobabad airbase, the total of the aircrafts delivered to Pakistan so far reached to 12. Pakistan would get 18, F-16 C/D Block 52 aircrafts from the USA under an agreement the countries signed in 2005-2006. The last batch of six more aircraft is likely to be delivered to Pakistan in December this year

this confirms the news of arrival and also that the las six will b handed over next month as i saud quoting my source. earlier time line was that last one jet was to be delivered in December 2011 but it is now re schedualed to arrive along with five orihinall planned for next month ie December 2010.
this is effectivel close the deliver of all contracted Falcon.

i say it again, there is no discussion for 18 additional F-16 Blk 52 with US as yet, it is a decesion under debat in PAF for now.

regards!

6979a898c6cbf2af8ae546937d908277.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom