What's new

PAF shows interest in YAK-130

Myth_buster_1

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan shows interest in Russia's Yak-130 trainer aircraft | Russia Beyond The Headlines
Pakistan could become the fourth country to operate the Yak-130 combat trainer aircraft, the website Defenseworld.net has reported, saying that Islamabad has expressed an interest in the aircraft. The website claims that the parties have already held preliminary talks.

Industry sources told defenseworld.net that Pakistan Air Force officials have been talking to executives from Rosoboronexport and Irkut.

According to the report, the Pakistani side has evaluated the flight performance of the Yak-130 and noted “its unique feature of mimicking the flying characteristics of a number of fighter aircraft such as the F-16 and JF-17, which will make the task of transiting from a trainer to a fighter a lot easy for pilots.”

The Yak-130 is designed for training flying school cadets in piloting skills and combat engagements against ground and air targets specific to fourth- and fifth-generation aircraft.

For a training flight, the aircraft can be programmed to suit different weather conditions and take into account the specific type of aircraft for which the pilot is trained – from the Russian Su-30 to the US F-35 and the French Rafale.

Pakistan’s acquisition of the Yak-130 would be the second purchase the country has made of Russian aircraft. In 2014, Russia lifted its arms embargo against Pakistan, and a contract for the supply of four Mi-35M transport and attack helicopters was concluded.

- Pakistan shows interest in Russia's Yak-130 trainer aircraft | Russia Beyond The Headlines)

as for money issue Yak-130 is good but as for advanced technology T-50 is good..

as for money issue Yak-130 is good but as for advanced technology T-50 is good..
WTF are you talking about mate. T-50 is a 5th generation stealth fighter and Yak-130 is a advance jet trainer which Russia will use to train its pilots for 4 4.5 5 generation fighters. Yak-130 purchase will open doors to Russian fighter jets in PAF as well and This purchase will be a gold

T-50 is very good LIFT & Light Attack plane which can defend itself but it has two issues when it comes to Pakistan purchasing it, 1) It is expensive to purchase and operate, 2) It is highly prone to sanctions as it uses US equipment in it.

Yak-130 is good option but in this category its derivative M-346 which could also be available to Pakistan will be good competitor??

15 mil a pop bhai jan and that includes every thing

wesy kehna to ghalat hai per lagta hai

jab sahab jee ke kapry purany ho jaty hain kam wali maasi ko de dety hain :frown::close_tema:

mujhy ye bhuka pan zara bhi acha nhi lagta pakistan ka

Wusat Ullah Khan ka audio article nahin suna chotay wala :rolleyes: aray yaar Immu bhai kiya bhuka pan sala jo idara uthao BC 1 billion US$ ki kum say kum corruption hai least 150+ bil US$ kha gaye haramxaday aur woh bhi cash es ka 35% bhi defence per kharch hota tau parosion ki MMRCA kay chutia raag ki hawa nikal jatee ...

15 mil a pop bhai jan and that includes every thing

Wusat Ullah Khan ka audio article nahin suna chotay wala :rolleyes:
nhi main reading passand keta hoon audio video mujhy pasand nhi only ghazals and documentaries bus

nhi main reading passand keta hoon audio video mujhy pasand nhi only ghazals and documentaries bus
So do I brother I like to read a lot and even right now I am listening ghazals :-) am an Audioholic actually :agree: HiFi systems meri kumzori hain :enjoy: I like good music.

So do I brother I like to read a lot and even right now I am listening ghazals :-) am an Audioholic actually :agree: HiFi systems meri kumzori hain :enjoy:
chalo ab aik gift kerta hoon tujhy meri ajki ghazal YAK gya tail leny. main ye sun raha hoon abhi

Last edited:
From L15 to T50, then T38 and now YAK130.......YAK is best for ground assault and cheap too. Good for PA aviation wing.

Hi,

It does not make sense---because the single seat JF 17 was touted to be so easy to fly. If the air force has done a commendable job so far with the current assets----then why do they need a different trainer.

Why not invest in a dual seater JF 17 which actually is in design / production stages.

That money should be spent for an air superiority / strike aircraft

Back
Top Bottom