What's new

PAF shoot down IAF SU-30 MKI l News & Discussion

So does it mean if it misses the target and falls from 40k feet it will be intact on the ground? And if it had exploded, we wouldnt have got serial numbers, block letters on the missiles available. IaF claims F16 was used.
Try checking the serials, it's a Taiwanese contract missile genius. Ever wonderred how coveniently the missiles had the serials and missile model intact for the media to see?
I absolutely agree Oscar. The moment news spread of our Mig-21 shot, the immediate reaction among masses here was sheer anger; No, it was not against Pakistan, but against our Airforce command. The only question circulating was, what Mig-21s were doing in such a hot atmosphere when an attack from PAF with JF-17 and F-16 was imminent? Whether Wing Commander Abhinandan shot an F-16 or not does not deny the fact that his individual bravery can not hide the short sightedness and incompetence of his superior commands.

Another matter is the arising doubts about our capability. Independent sources are now claiming that our LGBs fell well 150-300 meters short of their targets. According to one video footage, the JeM run Madrasah (and according to one sat image from an Australian source too) is still intact. IAF needs to realize that unless they come up with credible proofs, such serious questions about its capability are bound to come and inflict irreparable damage to its own image as well as its country's. As far as the facts of today are concerned, IAF has handed over a psychological upperhand to your country. I have no option other than accepting it.
They did suspect the US turned off the GPS. That's the reason China has beidou.

I absolutely agree Oscar. The moment news spread of our Mig-21 shot, the immediate reaction among masses here was sheer anger; No, it was not against Pakistan, but against our Airforce command. The only question circulating was, what Mig-21s were doing in such a hot atmosphere when an attack from PAF with JF-17 and F-16 was imminent? Whether Wing Commander Abhinandan shot an F-16 or not does not deny the fact that his individual bravery can not hide the short sightedness and incompetence of his superior commands.

Another matter is the arising doubts about our capability. Independent sources are now claiming that our LGBs fell well 150-300 meters short of their targets. According to one video footage, the JeM run Madrasah (and according to one sat image from an Australian source too) is still intact. IAF needs to realize that unless they come up with credible proofs, such serious questions about its capability are bound to come and inflict irreparable damage to its own image as well as its country's. As far as the facts of today are concerned, IAF has handed over a psychological upperhand to your country. I have no option other than accepting it.
The media is only adding to the hysteria; it is looking more and more the election stunt, and less about any actual grievance against terrorism.

When the PM decides to use a pilot being shot down as the excuse for needing the very plane whose purchase is being scrutinized for financial irregularities; the optics should be clear to those who(regardless of actual issues concerning cross border infiltration and so on) hold better introspective views that this whole episode reeks of some sort of conspiracy.

Indian propaganda machine is extremely active all over social media.
yes, in fact youtube officials have been approached and requested to delete all videos related to Feb 27, 2017

There is no doubt that your pilot is a brave soul. His career shouldn't end abruptly.

To all Pakistanis, we should give credit where it's due.. daring a JF-17 while in a flying coffin and crossing LoC is bravery..

we dont any need any video to prove we have mki or mig 29...
however, if you are indian and if you claim you have shot sixteen then why in hell are you so shocked instead you should be elated over this ACHIEVEMENT.
i am sorry what i have learnt over past fews days has started to raise doubts on indian claims over all the past wars

c'm on ...it is F 16 D its like ferrari vs maruti
its your least equipped fighter versus our most capable fighter
that gotto be achievement of the year!

I wholeheartedly agree with your first paragraph, and it is correct that WC Abhinandan was put at a disadvantage. PAF set an ambush, and the IAF fell right through it. Could explain why the AM of the Western command was sacked.

But i would like to address your highlighted point. I for one don't think the IAF M2K's missed their mark and in my opinion the LGB's were deliberately dropped to avoid any collateral damage. Let's accept the Indian argument that it was a terrorist training camp. This might mean the terrorists could have had their children or wives in that compound too. Imagine the hue and cry that would have been made in Pakistan when the cameras would be showing bodies and clothes of kids and women. Pakistan would have been forced to retaliate against Indian military installations. This was most likely a face saving given by India to Pakistan to demonstrate its capability and keep the support base of Mr. Modi happy. I for one don't think the IAF M2K's missed their mark.
Interesting point of view, Sir. But two things. First, India was quick to claim 'heavy casualties'. If the intention was to show the capability, prudence should have dictated not to boast about human casualties. The evident result, as it appeared later was a full mockery by Pakistan. Second, are children and women really allowed in such camps?

After reading times of India on details of dogfight, i came to realize that IAF +India is now shifting from shooting down f 16 to lock on and fire a R 73 missile on f16 by mig 21. that to me seems like a retreating from a tall claim.

The media is only adding to the hysteria; it is looking more and more the election stunt, and less about any actual grievance against terrorism.

When the PM decides to use a pilot being shot down as the excuse for needing the very plane whose purchase is being scrutinized for financial irregularities; the optics should be clear to those who(regardless of actual issues concerning cross border infiltration and so on) hold better introspective views that this whole episode reeks of some sort of conspiracy.
I just despise this man for subtly building a notion that anti-Moditva is synonymous with anti-Nationalism; a narrative that media houses, right wing intellectuals, artists (Not counting Bhakts as those have lost capacity of independent thinking) have not wasted much time to swallow. He at one hand will apparently encourage dialogue between dissenting political voices, but on the other hand shows complete reluctance to accept his own failures, pointing out of which according to him is treachery to the country. I just can not imagine, shot down of Mig can also be used as a political mileage by this man.

There is no doubt that your pilot is a brave soul. His career shouldn't end abruptly.

To all Pakistanis, we should give credit where it's due.. daring a JF-17 while in a flying coffin and crossing LoC is bravery..
Thank you, Star lord. Much appreciated.

Last edited:
The two parachutes are from the Su-30MKI. One of them was last reported in a hospital (probably dead now since the ISPR is not mentioning them), and the other probably died on arrival due to some sort of complication.

Or he made it to India.
After reading times of India on details of dogfight, i came to realize that IAF +India is now shifting from shooting down f 16 to lock on and fire a R 73 missile on f16 by mig 21. that to me seems like a retreating from a tall claim.
IAF's own tweeter account .

Su30s were not allowed to go for hot pursuit as this is just a skirmish and not an actual war.
You don’t put out your very best in the first move do you..?

yet "apparently" they sent MK2 with latest AGM 60km inside pak territory?

Interesting point of view, Sir. But two things. First, India was quick to claim 'heavy casualties'. If the intention was to show the capability, prudence should have dictated not to boast about human casualties. The evident result, as it appeared later was a full mockery by Pakistan. Second, are children and women really allowed in such camps?
Its was a madrassah, or its cover was as indians allege if it indeed was a camp, hundreds of kid wouldve been there.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom