What's new

PAF Saab 2000 Erieye AEW&C damaged during attack at Minhas repairable : MOD

I think pakistan can do wat america did in iraq
get the tribal heads together and create a semi-gov force, eventually all the bad guys will be on our side?

That has already been tried. Actually the tribes themselves have stood up against the TTP. Not now, but actually from so many years. There are some strong Aman Lashkars (Tribal Militias) operating in their local areas. One of the biggest belongs to Salarzai Tribe in Bajaur Agency. There are more than 20,000 volunteers in that militia.

The problem is very different from Iraq. Here we have a unlimited supply of terrorists from Afghanistan, when we go after them, they run to Afghanistan and then they wait there and come back and attack again.. meanwhile guerrilla attacks on forces continue and convoys are ambushed. And of course suicide bombings to take revenge from the local population.

Our problem is very complicated, the insurgency we are dealing with is one of the worst in the modern history. But still, we are doing fine. My Nation is a brave one!

Me 'likey' your survey of Pakistan review. Me friends again. YoOu good man, think aloAt :D

although I love your survey but you forgot to point out ine thing, the enemy iss among us, if we go in NWA than we will have the series of suicide attacks like 2008/09 and don't forget we have TTP sleeper cells in cities like karachi, lahore and rawalpindi( yes thts right) the enemy is invisible so our LEA are overstretched with limited resources and Intelligence agencies only provide intel they cant jus go after every tom d"""" and harry

P.S I think we r derailing the thread

Pakistan do sound like pretty foOked up....hai Armstrong, say hypothetically, what will it take to get rid of all the negative factors and out the country under Islamabad's Administrative rule?

There won't be any news. You just think about it yourself from what you have seen and what you conclude.

Actually, there is news. Today, the PAF engineers are retrofitting the damaged (NOW FIXED) Radar onto a Saab platform. The Radar was salvaged and the PAF engineers, with remote technical limited support (documents, diagrams, parts ordered, etc), were able to restore the Radar. It took them many months, but the beauty is, now these guys know how this radar was designed and its complexities all the way, including the basic transistors, frequencies and motherboards, etc. Now they can probably get all the parts from the international market, or China and build a Saab like Radar internally :tup:

From what I know, they've tested it for a week or so on the ground, and are now mounting it onto a plane for flight testing to begin. Obviously, I don't know and can't say if it works the way it was supposed to. But it makes no sense to restore such an expensive piece of equipment if it doesn't work. It's cost a good $ 10 million to do so even with the local labor. It was supposed to cost around $ 40-50 million. Good work PAF :tup: :enjoy: :cheers:

@Horus @MastanKhan @Oscar @Windjammer : can you guys see if you can get some pictures from your sources? It would be great to see those...

Actually, there is news. Today, the PAF engineers are retrofitting the damaged (NOW FIXED) Radar onto a Saab platform. The Radar was salvaged and the PAF engineers, with remote technical limited support (documents, diagrams, parts ordered, etc), were able to restore the Radar. It took them many months, but the beauty is, now these guys know how this radar was designed and its complexities all the way, including the basic transistors, frequencies and motherboards, etc. Now they can probably get all the parts from the international market, or China and build a Saab like Radar internally :tup:

From what I know, they've tested it for a week or so on the ground, and are now mounting it onto a plane for flight testing to begin. Obviously, I don't know and can't say if it works the way it was supposed to. But it makes no sense to restore such an expensive piece of equipment if it doesn't work. It's cost a good $ 10 million to do so even with the local labor. It was supposed to cost around $ 40-50 million. Good work PAF :tup: :enjoy: :cheers:

@Horus @MastanKhan @Oscar @Windjammer : can you guys see if you can get some pictures from your sources? It would be great to see those...

Ummmm.....aaaannnnddd???

I personally didn't think PAF would disclose what they were doing to the damaged ERIYE, it was common knowledge in informed circles that the airframe was going to be repaired and/or radar fitted to J019....but PAF has no come out with it in a NA defence committee....so, kudos to all involved.

So after 3 years, you been proved wrong? ()
Ummmm.....aaaannnnddd???

I personally didn't think PAF would disclose what they were doing to the damaged ERIYE, it was common knowledge in informed circles that the airframe was going to be repaired and/or radar fitted to J019....but PAF has no come out with it in a NA defence committee....so, kudos to all involved.

Ummmm.....aaaannnnddd???

What do you mean didn't got your point ?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom