What's new

PAF Role in Defence of Arab Skies

I have many Palestinian, Syrian friends who also have a dislike for these people and they are Arabs.

I KNOW SOME SYRIAN PEOPLE AND THEY CRITICIZE SAUDIS AND OTHER ARABS FOR THERE ROLE...

From my reading of Indo-Pak war history I agree to the fact that Pakistanis have made the most out of Indian misjudgement and unpreparedness on the battle field .
As far as training standards are concerned , I dont see a difference between the two instiutions .
Although , my observation makes me concede that PAF training and morale is definitely ahead of InAF , atleast it was until the 90s for sure .
Indian Navy is expanding and moving to a diferent league altogether though we are desperately lacking in underwater capability aka Submarines , which is a rather BIG chink in the armour and Pak is known for making the most out of Indian weaknesses in the past conflicts :tdown:

well it's always foolish generalizing things...and even i am guilty of that...
they have made their mistakes and we ahve made ours...
Had we been the smaller nation...we'd have needed every ounce of strength we could muster....
efficiency is indispensable for them....

Sharon said in his memoirs that Israel received TOWs on 13 October. US began sending A-4 Skyhawks after 8 October. El Al airline transferred sensitive hardware to Israel on the first day of war.

Israel received 117,895 tons of arms according to Ze'ev Schiff and Eitan Haber.

Even South Africa sent pilots to Israel.

US reinforced Israel with hundreds of tanks and aircrafts accompanied with their crews.
According to a special report by Aviation Week & Space Technology, IDF received up to 50 percent of US stockpiles of ammunition during the war.
Can you bring any link or full quotes for your claims? Anyhow fact is that aid began to arrive only after attack was pushed back.

Israel's troubles are much deeper than mere military issues.

This is an excerpt, quoted for discussion only:

According to a CIA Study currently being shown to selected staff members on the US Senate Intelligence Committee and the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, Israel’s survival in its present form beyond the next 20 years is doubtful.

The Report predicts “an inexorable movement away from a two-state to a one-state solution, as the most viable model based on democratic principles of full equality that sheds the looming specter of colonial Apartheid while allowing for the return of the 1947/1948 and 1967 refugees. The latter being the precondition for sustainable peace in the region.”

To President Peres’ chagrin, the Executive Summary states that “during the next fifteen years more than two million Israelis, including some 500,000 Israeli citizens who currently hold US green cards or passports, will move to the United States. Most Israelis not in possession of these documents will receive ‘expedited waivers.’ The Report claims that, “Alongside a decline in Jewish births and a rise in Palestinian fertility, approximately 1.6 million Israelis are likely to return to their forefather’s lands in Russia and Eastern and Western Europe with scores of thousands electing to stay, depending on the nature of the transition.”

This "CIA Study" is actually nothing invention of Iranian PressTV. :lol:

So this Nobel prize winner must be an Iranian too! :D

from: Nobel winner doubts Israel's survival - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Published 00:00 17.10.06 Latest update 03:09 17.10.06

Nobel winner doubts Israel's survival
By Nadav Shragai

Professor Robert (Yisrael) Aumann, the Israeli-American scholar who won the Nobel Prize for economics last year, said this week that Israel may not be capable of continuing to exist in the long-term.

"Too many Jews don't understand why they are here," said Aumann, who moved from the United States to Israel in the 1950s and helped found the Center for Rationality at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, an interdisciplinary research body that focuses on game theory.

"If we don't understand why we are here, and that we are not America or just a place in which to live, we will not survive," he said in a speech at the College of Judea and Samaria in Ariel on Sunday. "The desire to live like all the nations will sustain us maybe another 50 years, if we are still here."

Aumann said one of the primary reasons for the recent war in Lebanon was national fatigue and quoted Prime Minister Ehud Olmert as having said that Israel is tired of wars and sacrifices.

"Fatigue, in the State of Israel's situation, will lead to death, as occurs with mountain climbing," said Aumann. "If a mountain climber is caught on the side of a mountain and it starts to snow, if he falls asleep, he will die. He must remain alert."

Aumann, who lost his son Shlomo in the first Lebanon war, accused Israelis of being overly sensitive to casualties of war.

"We are too sensitive to our losses, and also to the losses of the other side," he said. "In the Yom Kippur War, 3,000 soldiers were killed. It sounds terrible, but that's small change."

In addition, said Aumann, last summer's disengagement from the Gaza Strip was a "tactical and ethical mistake" that gave the Palestinians the wrong message and was another factor leading to this summer's Lebanon war.

"Looking at the other side is an important element of game theory," he said. "The Arabs' understanding in the wake of the expulsion was that they had succeeded, and that they have to continue on the same path. The expulsion, therefore, brought about the launching of Qassams on Israel and the abduction of the soldiers. The expulsion transmitted the message that we can be moved even from Tel Aviv, and not just from Gush Katif."

"Last summer we set back peace and understanding with our neighbors by at least 10 years," said Aumann. "After the expulsion, no words will convince them that we intend to stay here forever."

So this Nobel prize winner must be an Iranian too! :D
I did not say that everyone who doubts Israel's survival is Iranian, I just said that so called "CIA report" which u quoted is invention of Iranian PressTV.

I did not say that everyone who doubts Israel's survival is Iranian, I just said that so called "CIA report" which u quoted is invention of Iranian PressTV.

Oh I was just kidding. On a more serious note:

The Israeli military is one of the best trained, equipped and funded in the world, and copes admirably with its responsibilities.

However, the political and demographic issues faced by the State of Israel will require other solutions since these are not amenable to a purely military solution.

Page6465.jpg

Page6667.jpg

Page6869.jpg

Page7071.jpg

Wow!! Very informative.. Thanks :tup:
You are welcome bro,
There is always more info than what is usually disclosed,
There were even incidences where Israeli Ground Controllers had acquired Indian personnel to fill the airwaves with "Urdu" language to confuse Pakistani pilots, however the PAF boys were accustomed with such ploys and tactics.

You are welcome bro,
There were even incidences where Israeli Ground Controllers had acquired Indian personnel to fill the airwaves with "Urdu" language to confuse Pakistani pilots, however the PAF boys were accustomed with such ploys and tactics.
Yeah, I heard about that before.

I also posted here some info I found, about Pakistan's political role during 1973 war..

You are welcome bro,

It was Punjabi..... not URDU.
As i know it was not to confuse but appeared more like accidentally small bits of conversations went on air.

Mods: thread is way off topic.

Back
Top Bottom