What's new

PAF receives first batch of F-16 Block-52 Aircraft

pic-03.jpg

Well I hope we do see greater cooperation between US and Pakistan
a allied force of US and Paksitan operating in Afghanistan province soon :pakistan::usflag:

can some body tell me how to post a image.

go to an image (on website) right click, click properties, copy the "Address URL", on the quick reply box there is an "insert image" i con click that and paste it on that and click ok. (btw delete watever is on the address bar in "insert image")

No restriction on Pak over use of F-16s : PAF chief

Islamabad, June 28 (ANI): Pakistan Air Force (PAF) chief Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman has said that the PAF would utilise all its assets, including the newly inducted F-16 fighter aircraft, against all 'external and internal' threats.

"Our mission is to maintain peace with honour in the region but should this primary effort of maintaining peace fails, the PAF will employ all its assets, including these aircraft, to defend the country against external and internal security threats," Suleman said while speaking during the induction ceremony of the first three of the 18 F-16 C/D Block 52 aircrafts that the US would be providing to Pakistan.

It is pertinent to mention here that Washington had put up stiff conditions on the sale of F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan, stipulating that they cannot be used against India in any future conflict.

The stipulations were laid down following New Delhi raising strong objections over the White House's massive military support to Islamabad, during the recent strategic dialogue between the two nations.

However, the PAF chief maintained that there was no restriction on the use of the new Falcons (F-16s) against any specific country.

"You have also heard my speech. There is no such restriction," he told reporters on the sidelines of the induction ceremony.

The F-16 C/D Block 52 aircraft is a high tech fighter aircraft equipped with sophisticated state-of-the-art avionics suite, latest weapons with Night Precision Attack capability.

The remaining aircraft would be delivered to Pakistan by the end of this year.

The delivery of the fighter jets is being made under a 1.4 billion dollar deal between Islamabad and Washington. Pakistan is also paying an additional 1.3 billion dollars for the upgradation of its existing F-16 fleet.

No restriction on Pak over use of F-16s : PAF chief - Oneindia News

Last edited:
Today i heard former vice chief of airforce saying tht the F-16 tht were not delievered in 90s ....26 to be precise will also be handed to PAF and MLUed????
PlusPAF will buy 16-18 more F-16 Block 52s thts 103 F-16 BLK52 nd MLU..

CONGRATS

Today i heard former vice chief of airforce saying tht the F-16 tht were not delievered in 90s ....26 to be precise will also be handed to PAF and MLUed????
PlusPAF will buy 16-18 more F-16 Block 52s thts 103 F-16 BLK52 nd MLU..

CONGRATS

forget the 90s ones, half of them got delivered in past years and for other half we got soy beans, and other stuff.
we r only getting these 18 and another in future 14 hopefully.
thats it!

I have heard from my dads friend who is a retd PAF high ranking offical who still has friends in the PAF .. stated to me that in addition to these 18 new blk 52's.. PAF will most likely excrise the the need for 18 more if the first 18 are all brought home plus yes PAF is trying to get its old f-16's from the USN and most likely get them . As we know all old f-16's plus the old ones we are trying to get from the USN will go through mlu.. these 18 new f-16's wil come in to hand inshallah and if all goes well and they all reach home PAF will go for 18 more that will be the end of f-16's as i stated before as he told me PAF always wanted to maintain a fleet of atleast 100 or 100 + f-16's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though a bonus/edge aircraft, I still believe there is scope for PAF acquiring more new-built F-16s in the future. It would seem that production at LM will continue for the next 2+ years, and PAF did invest in the infrastructure for Block-52+. Acquiring additional frames to supplement the mainstay JF-17 and FC-20 will just make a sweeter bonus. There is even the option for used/excess F-16C/Ds, these can be upgraded via CCIP to match Block-52+ in radar, avionics, etc.

Personally I think PAF will have an overall F-16 fleet of 100+.

Even though a bonus/edge aircraft, I still believe there is scope for PAF acquiring more new-built F-16s in the future. It would seem that production at LM will continue for the next 2+ years, and PAF did invest in the infrastructure for Block-52+. Acquiring additional frames to supplement the mainstay JF-17 and FC-20 will just make a sweeter bonus. There is even the option for used/excess F-16C/Ds, these can be upgraded via CCIP to match Block-52+ in radar, avionics, etc.

Personally I think PAF will have an overall F-16 fleet of 100+.

At least one recently retired AVM of the PAF has said that Pakistan has the option of 18 more blk52s and we will likely go for it. If this option is exercised then surely the F-16 fleet will pass the 100 mark.

Back
Top Bottom