What's new

PAF receives first batch of F-16 Block-52 Aircraft

Jigs Egypt does not have AIM7 and AIM120.So it's pointless really to have BVR capability in your air craft but no missile to fire!It's like having a gun without bullets!

☪☪☪☪;961091 said:
Jigs Egypt does not have AIM7 and AIM120.So it's pointless really to have BVR capability in your air craft but no missile to fire!It's like having a gun without bullets!

Well you can thank the U.S. for the handicap i guess. More the reason they should grab the JF-17 thunder.

That is false Eygpt has BVR capability. They have block 40 F-16s. The issue is i think the U.S. refused to give them BVR Missiles. Yet they ordered Harpoons. I know 100% that their F-16s are BVR compatible though. TAI built them and i have seen the FMS list for their orders and their spare parts. As far as Turkey we have been BVR compatible since the late 80s early 90s when we first ordered our F-16s couple decades ago. Since our oldest aircraft are block 30s which had AIM-120 compatibility and since then all of them have been made in Turkey by TAI. Turkey is not in the same situation as pakistan so i do agree pakistan having a large fleet of F-16s could be sanctioned depending on how things go. Since Turkey is a NATO member this would never occur.

You do not have a capability if you do not have the missiles. Obviously they can integrate the BVRAAM if they were ever released to them. However they have not!

Secondly, my point was not about Turkey as you may have noticed that I did not put them in the same league as Egypt owing to their NATO status.

You do not have a capability if you do not have the missiles. Obviously they can integrate the BVRAAM if they were ever released to them. However they have not!

Secondly, my point was not about Turkey as you may have noticed that I did not put them in the same league as Egypt owing to their NATO status.

Yes if you mean it that way i was just pointing out that their F-16s don't lack BVR but they can not obtain BVR missiles. I thought you were saying their F-16s did not have the capability to launch BVR munitions.

My bad :smitten:

Since CFTs have acquired a hell lot of importance in this discussion let me post the first picture of Pakistani Blk-52 with CFTs ( Courtesy WindJammer who posted it three months back and nobody took notice!)

RearviewofHAFF-16DBlock5299-1535assignedtoEdwardsAFBflighttestcenter.jpg

Adios

Yes if you mean it that way i was just pointing out that their F-16s don't lack BVR but they can not obtain BVR missiles. I thought you were saying their F-16s did not have the capability to launch BVR munitions.

My bad :smitten:

mr jigs you always understand latter:smitten:

Since CFTs have acquired a hell lot of importance in this discussion let me post the first picture of Pakistani Blk-52 with CFTs ( Courtesy WindJammer who posted it three months back and nobody took notice!)

Adios

no its not pakistani its from RSAF:no:

How can you be so sure of that?? This picture was uploaded when the newly rolled out F-16s were having their test flights in America.

yaar wesy apaas ki baat hai

if i will be blind i can sure its from greece or RSAF every day i spend my 10 hours on defense sites forums and news. its clearly RSAF look at tail number tail cooler 3 types look at overall jet cooler its 3 types which i see million times in past 5 years its belong to RSAF or greece . and one thing more its not new bird you told me why? its at least 2 years old f-16 just try it you will got. loaded weapons on it look why when some one load them on Pakistani f-16? its fully operational f-16 not under tests.

How can you be so sure of that?? This picture was uploaded when the newly rolled out F-16s were having their test flights in America.

And may i ask how can you be sure ? its very hard to tell on this pic please provide something else with more of proof look.:whistle:

Adios

Amigo,

I am pretty sure this is a Polish or RSAF (as Imran states above) blk52. But the point is that people will soon enough see PAF F-16s with CFTs.

Last edited:
Amigo,

I am pretty sure this is a Polish or RSAF (as Imran states above) blk52. But the point is that people will soon enough see PAF F-16s with CFTs.

Hi, i wont go into a debate which i cant principally defend. It might not be PAFs and further more the picture itself is inconclusive about Aircraft and where it belongs to, as it is taken from the back. But I only re-posted it here giving the reference of windy as he is always good at these kind of things.None the less not an issue :cheers:

Regards!

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/aw509304/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/PAF1.jpgfile:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/aw509304/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/PAF2.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom