What's new

PAF ordered to shoot down US drones invading Pakistani airspace: Air Chief Sohail Aman

Sorry to say, but you know how we Pakistanis sounds,
We issue threats and statements and say that we do not need aid but hoping that US will offer some aid and everything will be back to normal.

if you are not hoping and waiting for khairat you will defend your borders first and talk later, like other countries do.

Look mate. No PAF chief will dare and I will say it again dare shoot a drone down. When it happens let me know.

*Hint: Every F-16 will run out of spare parts.

No PAF cheif EVER being explicit and clear about not just drone but any maned jet as well in past.

As for spare parts, Iran is still operating it's F14s.

As I said, real world is much more complex then Holywood/bollywood.

America and India only take such risks, when its PPP govt.

Its not the Pakistan of Nawaz, Zardari and Altaf anymore. Hence you see the top American state secretaries being received by low level staff from FO.

Time has changed, yet some people are living in past

[QUOTE="What you are saying, sending a "maned" jet inside Pakistani airspace would be an act of war. Can America take this massive risk?.

America did it "OBL"[/QUOTE]

With full consent of then government of Pakistan. They got unlucky that parameter defense team of PMA didn't receive the instructions and one "stealth heli" was shoot down, which in turn endup in China.

LOL....How many have they shot down so far?

Paper Tigers.

[QUOTE="What you are saying, sending a "maned" jet inside Pakistani airspace would be an act of war. Can America take this massive risk?.
America did it "OBL"[/QUOTE]

With full consent of then government of Pakistan. They got unlucky that parameter defense team of PMA didn't receive the instructions and one "stealth heli" was shoot down, which in turn endup in China.[/QUOTE]

When you say, "With full consent of then government of Pakistan" it means Civilian Govt gave consent to USA and Pak Military was kept in the dark? or Pak Military agreed with Civil Govt? if mil was not part of the agreement why they did not respond accordingly?

Army dis not respond, PMA Parameter Defence Team did not response, PAF did not response, none of the para mil troops respond, then who shot down the heli?

News says, it was crashed during a tight turn or whatever and they tried to destroy it but tail part survived. ultimately it was returned to USA. Chinese team might have visited the wreck but nothing reached Chine.

I hate Noora and and 99.99 % Politicians of Pak.

America did it "OBL"

With full consent of then government of Pakistan. They got unlucky that parameter defense team of PMA didn't receive the instructions and one "stealth heli" was shoot down, which in turn endup in China.[/QUOTE]

When you say, "With full consent of then government of Pakistan" it means Civilian Govt gave consent to USA and Pak Military was kept in the dark? or Pak Military agreed with Civil Govt? if mil was not part of the agreement why they did not respond accordingly?

Army dis not respond, PMA Parameter Defence Team did not response, PAF did not response, none of the para mil troops respond, then who shot down the heli?

News says, it was crashed during a tight turn or whatever and they tried to destroy it but tail part survived. ultimately it was returned to USA. Chinese team might have visited the wreck but nothing reached Chine.

I hate Noora and and 99.99 % Politicians of Pak.[/QUOTE]

Kiyani is also a very controversial figure not just in NROed Pakistan but OBL episode. PAF did respond but the jets were ordered back. And if you believe that American stealth heli was hanging off the OBL compound wall because of some technical issue, good luck, I can also assume myself to be the queen of England.

Tbh, Pakistan should bait the F22s in its airspace. At a time when we are commencing project Azm, a live specimen will be of great help, just like that fallen tomahawk provided great help with our Babar missile.

Kiyani is also a very controversial figure not just in NROed Pakistan but OBL episode. PAF did respond but the jets were ordered back. And if you believe that American stealth heli was hanging off the OBL compound wall because of some technical issue, good luck, I can also assume myself to be the queen of England.

Tbh, Pakistan should bait the F22s in its airspace. At a time when we are commencing project Azm, a live specimen will be of great help, just like that fallen tomahawk provided great help with our Babar missile.

Whatever the reason, we filed to give appropriate response and faced humiliation. Pak forces have the capacity to take on any challenge, will was (or is) not there. Armed forces are the defenders of our nation...Noora told kiyani stand down and message passed to Air Chief and he ordered back jets. I remember Air Chief saying our radars were OFF because we do not monitor that side 24/7.

Lets hope and pray we do not repeat the same again and show with our actions that we are serious.

So here goes my first post here. The geopolitical realities have changed a lot during the past 15 or so years. This is thanks to the "Project for New American Century". Due to this, the new US interests conflict with those of one time allies like Pakistan and Turkey.

In short when the CAS say that PAF will shoot down US drones, I have no doubt the PAF will do exactly the same. The time for repercussion has long come and gone. The game is much, much bigger then what we envision.

I am silent till the next US Drone violate our airspace and a JF-17 will opt for it. I am hoping for this result because i personally consider Sohail Aman as a better guy. He proved many things till now. If US can send F-22s and other stuff then we also have some sophisticated options. More liability rests with US side.

Shooting a drone is as easy as scratching your back. It's the consequences that come after you have shot down a US drone that are difficult to deal with.

f-22-1.jpg

b4715d35a12edac1dc1100d884430de8.jpg

Yes the consequences are the problem not detecting or shooting down UAV.

trust me this consequence would not be one sided

Do you have any idea how much power US has compare to Pakistan that "consequences will not one side" will not matches the destruction you will face.

Sorry to say, but you know how we Pakistanis sounds,
We issue threats and statements and say that we do not need aid but hoping that US will offer some aid and everything will be back to normal.

if you are not hoping and waiting for khairat you will defend your borders first and talk later, like other countries do.

Then stop sounding like those "Pakistanis"
Correction starts at home....start it within yourself and starts seeing things differently and things will become different ;)

Yes the consequences are the problem not detecting or shooting down UAV.

Do you have any idea how much power US has compare to Pakistan that "consequences will not one side" will not matches the destruction you will face.
Exactly, bro.

Some members here are under the illusion that F-22 Raptors are some kind of toys (that can be easily dealt with) and Pakistan can afford an armed confrontation with the US just like that.

There is a reason why Pakistani military establishment is reluctant to escalate the situation against Americans beyond certain perimeters. Same military establishment is always willing to give a befitting response to Indian incursions because India is a manageable threat. One should be pragmatic in picking his fights.

Even Asian powerhouses such as Russia and China do not threaten US with an armed conflict on any forum. They express their concerns and do not escalate the situation against Americans beyond certain perimeters.

Just look at the case of Fat Kim; he was threatening to strike GUAM in the Pacific region about a month back or two. However, Chinese knocked some sense into Fat Kim, informing him in clear terms that if you ever make the mistake of striking American territory, all bets are off and don't count on us.

Conversely, it is the RIGHT of Pakistan to protect its sovereignty. ACM basically cautioned the Americans to not escalate the situation beyond certain perimeters. This much can be expected from him.

As for spare parts, Iran is still operating it's F14s.
Those F-14s are hardly visible in Iranian operations.

During the period of American sanctions on Pakistan (1990 - 2001), operational readiness of PAF diminished to a great extent and flying hours of F-16 fell short accordingly. Not surprisingly, PAF was almost invisible during the Kargil conflict in 1999.

PAF learned a valuable lesson from its circumstances nonetheless and commenced JF-17 Thunder program to offset its dependence upon American support for ensuring its operational readiness to a certain extent.

So yes, lack of support can be/is counterproductive.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom