What's new

PAF Long Range Capabilities

Actually, Uncle SAM has much stringent Rules for Foreign Arm trade control than Europe. Frequent Visit and routine check up of all your purchase to check, if there any manipulation in codes or seals. Pakistan is huge recipient of US weapon system ,also most of them are in the name on WOT. Do you think they are sitting tight ? From Mission Computer to Highly encrypted of Radio channels in F16 or any other Weapon are in American line of sight .This is One of The reason, why India never Signed any CISOMA FISMA etc and wanted to puts its own equipment on board.

Extremley wise and foresighted leadership indian

Its a sheer assumption and there is no way Pakistan's behavior could be predicted on situations like that.

BUT if Israel attacks Iran, it would offend what it cannot kill. There is a reason why USA and ISRAEL together are refraining from launching any military strikes over Iran and holding themselves since years. You don't expect such behavior from a mindless country like Israel until as a consequence, it would have existential threats.

If I Remember Correctly , in two Points in the Past PAF accumulated a Plan to Strike Israel if things Go Wrong , one was in 1989 & one was in 1998 , but both were contingency plans , & need never arose to use them , they are still sitting somewhere in the shelves of PAF.

So to answer this .

Is PAF capable of it = Yes
Will they do it = No

NO Country reveals its 100% tactical options , there are things kept secret , even from the officers of their own Country.

AQ Khan had the part of the centrifuge to separate the elements and
that was sent back to the PAEC for processing to create the final
product, i.e., weapon-grade uranium. However, even that was just the
first phase of what was to become a nuclear weapon capable of
reaching its target and being delivered with accuracy for desired
results. This was the cardinal phase, whereby a nuclear triggering mechanism had to be created and the weapon integration in the
weapon attack system had to be carried by the best and fastest fighter
aircraft, an F-16 in this case. This aircraft could evade the enemy air defence and deliver the
weapon accurately. Pakistan did not have missile technology then. The
consummate professional who engaged in this indispensable phase
was Hafeez Qureshi, the head of the Directorate of Technical
Development (DTD). Later, a Pakistan Air Force engineering element
was added to the project. The cold drop by a Mirage at the Lalian Range was a near direct hit by one of my former junior colleagues. AQ
Khan had no
part in this entire development at the DTD.

tribune.com.pk/story/450725/aq-khan-the-truth-finally-prevails/

AQ Khan had the part of the centrifuge to separate the elements and
that was sent back to the PAEC for processing to create the final
product, i.e., weapon-grade uranium. However, even that was just the
first phase of what was to become a nuclear weapon capable of
reaching its target and being delivered with accuracy for desired
results. This was the cardinal phase, whereby a nuclear triggering mechanism had to be created and the weapon integration in the
weapon attack system had to be carried by the best and fastest fighter
aircraft, an F-16 in this case. This aircraft could evade the enemy air defence and deliver the
weapon accurately. Pakistan did not have missile technology then. The
consummate professional who engaged in this indispensable phase
was Hafeez Qureshi, the head of the Directorate of Technical
Development (DTD). Later, a Pakistan Air Force engineering element
was added to the project. The cold drop by a Mirage at the Lalian Range was a near direct hit by one of my former junior colleagues. AQ
Khan had no
part in this entire development at the DTD.

tribune.com.pk/story/450725/aq-khan-the-truth-finally-prevails/

so we can assume that attack on our nuke installation would have responded with nuclear response through mirage aircrafts in 1989 and in 1998. It's debateable that weather that nuke would have been a low yield device or a full blown atomic bomb

Doesn't Pakistan have nuclear armed missiles capable of targeting Israel?

Doesn't Pakistan have nuclear armed missiles capable of targeting Israel?

It does. And we can totally deliver those weapons to Israel too..

But here , we are talking about Pakistan Air Force's long range strike capabilities...

oh great we are planning to "attck israel"!!! what next we will be discussing bombing moscow??? seriously why start such a dumb thread!!!! let's be realistic & not think we are living in ACE COMBAT world please!

Just a thought - If Israel Air Force bombs Iran's nuclear sites. If some how Pakistan gets involved in striking Israel Negev Nuclear Facility?

Does PAF train for long range bombing/strike targets and does it have experience in long range bombing with current aircraft. Can PAF come with a plan using its current fleet of aircrafts.

I wonder if Iran (or any other nation for that matter) thinks about attacking India in case India attacks Pakistan...

Or maybe Pakistan being a martial race wants to get involved in every fight :)

Even Israel doesnt possess the capabilities to destroy Iranian nuclear sites and make it back. If they could, we wouldnt be discussing the hypothetical scenarios.

Mate its not that they cant attck the nuke site and return safely but they lack bunker busters of capability that can fully annihilate the deep down nuclear facilities.

If I Remember Correctly , in two Points in the Past PAF accumulated a Plan to Strike Israel if things Go Wrong , one was in 1989 & one was in 1998 , but both were contingency plans , & need never arose to use them , they are still sitting somewhere in the shelves of PAF.

So to answer this .

Is PAF capable of it = Yes
Will they do it = No

NO Country reveals its 100% tactical options , there are things kept secret , even from the officers of their own Country.

Unless the PAF has a few B-2 bombers we don't know about there is just no way that he PAF could launch an effective air attack on Israel some 2000+ miles away. We can rule the F-16s out and then the PAF is left with Mirages and Thunders which are clearly not up to the task not to mention the pilots are unlikely to be well versed in such missions.

Unless the PAF has a few B-2 bombers we don't know about there is just no way that he PAF could launch an effective air attack on Israel some 2000+ miles away. We can rule the F-16s out and then the PAF is left with Mirages and Thunders which are clearly not up to the task not to mention the pilots are unlikely to be well versed in such missions.

Post 49 debunks your argument and that's why contingency plans are called contingency because you have to do impossible task from your not up to task assets.

Post 49 debunks your argument and that's why contingency plans are called contingency because you have to do impossible task from your not up to task assets.

How does post 49 debunk my points? Yes contingencies are a well and good but just because they exist doesn't mean hey are credible or viable. Do you really think a Mirage III (that the ISAF has intimate knowledge of) would be enough to counter Israels advanced SAM network and advanced fitters?? No way!!

How does post 49 debunk my points? Yes contingencies are a well and good but just because they exist doesn't mean hey are credible or viable. Do you really think a Mirage III (that the ISAF has intimate knowledge of) would be enough to counter Israels advanced SAM network and advanced fitters?? No way!!

Sorry i thought you were talking about 1989 and 1998 contingencies. Yes, in today's scenario,conventional assets are not viable to send and contingencies plan has changed, that's why we have Air Force Strategic Command which will utilize the strategic assets for retaliation.

Back
Top Bottom