What's new

PAF Long Range Capabilities

it wasnt IAF which has thread from a airforce which is very small+low in tech. Actually its PAF who has had direct thread by the IAF nor just it but by Soviat AF n IDAF n past. Like i said our jets r nearly all 4 point defence role with limited aggressive capabilities as of now also our doctrine is based on only defending our air space.

agree....

I dont know why its not mentioned in here but as far as i know its said to be ready in 2015 as its being domestically build.But if u dont believe ok i leave it let discuss that u actually know.....

oh! really and where did u kept the hull under covered so no one can see it (I had to say u had very secret & advance ship building capacity......:whistle:) for your record

KSEW is basically designed to build and repair ships, since 1957 when it commenced its commercial production, it has built over 430 vessels of different types and sizes for different nations. It is fully equipped to build all types of ships & marine crafts like Passenger and Cargo Ships, Oil Carriers, Bulk Carriers, Container Vessels etc. Up to 26,000 TDW and also other crafts like Tugs, Dredgers, Hopper Barges, Ferries, Fishing Trawlers, Buoy Lifting Vessels, Pilot Boats, Tanker Boats, Buoys, Barges and Special Purpose Crafts etc.

There are three berths, each equipped with cranes and allied facilities where construction of Vessels can be undertaken simultaneously.
The Small Size Vessels include Oil Carriers, Barges, Harbor and Ocean Going Tugs, Pilot Boats, Survey Launches Buoy Lifting Vessels, Self Propelled Hopper Barges, Suction & Grab Hopper Dredgers, Passenger Ferries, Launches etc.

The Medium Size Vessels built at KSEW so far include Motor Cargo Vessels of up to 18,000 TDW for Pakistan National Shipping Corporation of Abu Dhabi, China Ocean Shipping Company and China National Machinery Corporation.

Large Ocean Going Vessels built by KSEW include Cargo Ships for Pakistan National Shipping Corporation (PNSC), National Shipping Corporation of Abu Dhabi, China Ocean Shipping Company and China National Machinery Corporation.

The Very First Order was that of two Dump Barges of Hansa Lines of West Germany for use in Gulf Region, subsequent note worthy export orders include two Kort Nozzle Tugs for United Arab Emirates, two Voith Schneider Propelled Tugs for Saudi Arabia, four Fishing Trawlers and nineteen Sophisticated Vessels for Iranian Navy, two Mini Bulk Carriers for China and six Sophisticated Port Operation Vessels for Belgian Company.

So far over 430 ships and crafts of varying types, sizes and dead weights have been built by KSEW

link: Ship Building

J10Bs as we all know r reality n we will induct 36 initially in 2 squadrons n that will go to 63 in years to come n it may reach atleast 100+.

Now the name of aircraft is JF17 not super 7 its name was changed long before there is no point in calling it that anymore. As there is no statement by Chinese abt JFT being not introducing in PLAAF. As far as i know they r building whole new PT06 of this plane in which they r replacing all the western sub systems with their domestically build systems, weapons + Engines, that one is expected to enter in PLAAF in future. Also it is said that PLAAF is more interested in B3 version for their pilots as its 2 seater so their pilots can train in that one also n will be used as interceptor.

They will induct it it may not be in numbers but in limited role depending upon their needs. Also their is a video of Zhuhai airshow2010 or 2011 of jf17 in u tube(it is banned in our country so i cant provide link) in which during the performance of this fighter the Chinese commentator has confessed that this aircraft was build with Pakistan for PAF in China as Pak lacked infrastructure at that time, but after it was build it gave a lot better performance that even Chinese want to induct it. U can find that in utube even tody just type jf 17 in zhuhai airshow then listen what that chinese expert had said.

J-20s is reality but not even inducted in PLAAF so it will take long time b4 it comes 2 PAF and I had said Super-10 (J-20) not Super-7. Where I had raised question of induction or non Induction of JF-17 in PLAAF (what i had said that operation manuals are not written by either Air Forces).

Our pilots get very mature when they reach the levels of f16 n JFTs as they start from trainer jets like anyother then they go to f7PGs/mirages when they have atleast 450hrs of flying experience in those then they r promoted to the potent to the ROSE 3 ones where they get mature enough for night attacks + mid air refuelings, then by seeing their experience in flying n their performances they get the f16 or JFTs to fly n this way will stand in future too (when the carriers+j10Bs+JFTs future variants will come) as it has stayed in the past.

If you look to IAF especially Su 30 MKI squanders it's a mix of new and experienced pilots (normally any pilot in any air-force stick with one type of plane) I don't think PAF F-16 pilots will fly JF-17 and how many planes except JF-17 & F-16 had FBW or HUD or can fire BVR ( so if a pilot upgraded from Rose - 3 to JF-17 than also it need to time 2 adopt and learn a complete different platform) switching fighter planes is not like switching cars man.

Carriers...yaar Aircraft carrier joke hai kya it will take whole lot of infrastructure development, training, manpower, supporting CBG, doctrine and capital investment which is not going 2 possible in near future for PN.

So that way the only best in the business take the main fighters rest get washed away in this system. So they r well matured+experienced in every category that a pilot has to be. Also we make a plane first then we integrate/purchase fighters to fit in those plans like the JFTs+ f16s+j10Bs. The basic doctrine is to defend our air space when how to do that for that we have the systems of Pilots+institutions to tech the new strategies n we regulatory participate in international exercises 4 that purpose.

JF-17 is going 2 be workhorse of PAF you need at-least 200 best pilot for them and it will take time my friend.

We r not ones who strait away gives our new or main fighters to the new ones. There is a set criteria that everybody follows.

what I had asked that if in current scenario PAF is willing 2 risk it's prime hardware (F-16) as numbers are low (for ex. IAF had more than 100+ MKI now so it can afford 10/15 losses in deep strike but if PAF can afford losses of 10/15 F-16s for deep-strike as they are only planes armed with AIM-120 Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missiles (I had not seen any video of JF-17 firing SD-10)

ok forget abt carrier lets discuss what u know n lets stick to the topic...

J-20s is reality but not even inducted in PLAAF so it will take long time b4 it comes 2 PAF and I had said Super-10 (J-20) not Super-7. Where I had raised question of induction or non Induction of JF-17 in PLAAF (what i had said that operation manuals are not written by either Air Forces).

''as per my limited knowledge J-10bs or super 10 is not even integrated in PLAAF'' (from post no 88 of yrs)
This is what u had mentioned here u said abt J10 n super-10 i in a hurry read that so i thought yr saying super-7 n it not being inducted into PLAAF, i was answering that!!! abt j10Bs. Yes its not inducted in PLAAF yet but China is a very big country with unlimited man power it can build for its own AF n for international AFs. They had offered us a year back i think so didnt they knew that that they havent inducted it into theirs n they r offering it to other countries.....They r not mad enough to do so they know they have got infrastructure as well as resources to build them 4 us n also they r just 36 in numbers not 136, so i dont think it will b hard or difficult 4 them to build just 36 jets in 2 years n also 4 our pilots these 2 years r enough to go into china test it that r build already 4 us n learn their new tech. 2 years for professionals is enough to learn n experience new tech.
If you look to IAF especially Su 30 MKI squanders it's a mix of new and experienced pilots (normally any pilot in any air-force stick with one type of plane) I don't think PAF F-16 pilots will fly JF-17 and how many planes except JF-17 & F-16 had FBW or HUD or can fire BVR ( so if a pilot upgraded from Rose - 3 to JF-17 than also it need to time 2 adopt and learn a complete different platform) switching fighter planes is not like switching cars man.

Look Mr yr AF or its fighters r not exemplary for us, yes we do admire that u did good n learn from yr some examples for our future. We learnt from indian experience of Tejas, Arjun MBT thats why we have launched our projects with the help of other countries who used n have better experience in Advanced Tech. But its another topic we can discuss later but i was telling u where we learn from u guys.

But still yr AF is not an exemplary 4 us so we dont really follow all yr methods those ppl who r in command they know we dont know how to do things. Im saying this after reading yr comment abt mki n their pilots both young n mature ones. We have our own st criteria that we follow. I Agree that pilots from f16s will not go into jf17 b1 or b2 versions but u never know that will b our criteria abt b3 version or j10Bs. But i do believe that our fighters from mirages (all versions) or f7 PGs will go into jfts.

actually i was reading an interview from a PAF pilot who was serving in TuAF in our exchange pilot program who had believed to have shot down a EF typhoon of RAF. His interview is mentioned in this forum u can check abt it in that interview he had mentioned the criteria of our AF abt its pilots that they eventually end up with f16s. U may check if u want it will give u a better idea of that i was talking abt.

Well we were talking abt refueling of fighters n we r now talking abt our pilots criteria so i think we have deviated very much from topic. So now lets discuss only refueling or long ranged capabilities. Thanks
Carriers...yaar Aircraft carrier joke hai kya it will take whole lot of infrastructure development, training, manpower, supporting CBG, doctrine and capital investment which is not going 2 possible in near future for PN.
OK OK lets discuss only what u know n refueling topic. I had mentioned abt it by mistake n im apologetic now. Lets stick to the topic.

JF-17 is going 2 be workhorse of PAF you need at-least 200 best pilot for them and it will take time my friend.

Agreed obviously it will be, but when it will be inducted in those numbers that it could replace mirages or f7s as of now we r dependent on them.
what I had asked that if in current scenario PAF is willing 2 risk it's prime hardware (F-16) as numbers are low (for ex. IAF had more than 100+ MKI now so it can afford 10/15 losses in deep strike but if PAF can afford losses of 10/15 F-16s for deep-strike as they are only planes armed with AIM-120 Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missiles (I had not seen any video of JF-17 firing SD-10)

I agree thats why they F16 C/D will not go only older+jf17s B2 will go as of now + may be 3,4 squadrons thats for now as in our limited capacities.We r just defencive AF we believe in only defending our air space thats all...

Well if u havnt seen some thing it doesnt mean its not there same way i havnt seen yr nuclear sub so that means its not there, i will b foolish of me to think that way.We actually use SD 10 A n B n for future we will used South African A-Dertar who will have a longer range n for more the search n talk is in place.
PlZ lets stick to the topic of refueling..

Back
Top Bottom