What's new

PAF - Leading the fight

All of them are members of credible think tanks, alan warnes is not so that shows who is more credible.
Think thank is off the topic sir. We have been discussing airforces in this thread. There are more greatest think thanks present too but unfortuntely you won't like them and i like them for the same reasons you like these and i don't like them. It's political.
but Alan warnes is a respected airforce observer. Just because he is talking about PAF in good words make him pro Pakistan and anti india is a logic beyond imagination when india military themselves respect PAF. Many indian authors have wrote about PAF in good words. I have read few.

In the hands of a truly brilliant pilot is the snag here idiot..
How about Indian Mig-21 bisons sneaking up on F-16. They are more capable than F-7 PG . With BVR capable and Israeli EW installed on it ? War fighting is not a one way street. If PAF has F-7 PG so does India has Bison.

How about Indian Mig-21 bisons sneaking up on F-16. They are more capable than F-7 PG . With BVR capable and Israeli EW installed on it ? War fighting is not a one way street. If PAF has F-7 PG so does India has Bison.

Indian migs....Other than BVR capability they are not better than F7PG.
F7PG airframe is improved and optimized.

Like i said its depand on the conditions and the scenario ... PG role is interception hence they will have support from ground radars and other assets ... Furthermore i was just talking about particular area where PGs can hide in terrains where advantage of adversary having good avionics can be counter in low altitude flights ... However in a clear grounds of punjab offz PGs cannot face one to one basis the top end fighters of india other than in interception role with the help of support from other assets ... Still PGs are far inferrior to all top end fighters of india ... I intentionally compared PGs with mki in kashmir area as in some limited scnario there is a chance that PGs could overtake MKI as MKI are bigger in size easily traceable in a low flight where radars are useless due to mountains ..

Regarding f16 vs bison ofz bison are no match to f16 but there might be somw specific scenario where bison could perform better however given small size and agile nature of f16 bison having superiority in any scenario is highly unlikely ...

http://indianexpress.com/article/explained/why-iaf-vs-raf-is-a-dogfight-with-shadows/
Funny huh? While this one is fake right ? Because this is not from Gospel (Alan Wares)

Yea yea,sitting at PAF powered jet liner even I can write things which even PAF doesn't know .Deal ?
OP mentioned F-16 and F7PG and an exercise between RAF and PAF. I find no mention of IAF or its 'great' and unbeatable' fighter jets. AND you quote a link of a dogfight between IAF and RAF..

Do Indians have some kind of a complex that they need to jump in anywhere where Pakistan or PAF gets mentioned and than need to extoll as well as defend their own?

Think thank is off the topic sir. We have been discussing airforces in this thread. There are more greatest think thanks present too but unfortuntely you won't like them and i like them for the same reasons you like these and i don't like them. It's political.
but Alan warnes is a respected airforce observer. Just because he is talking about PAF in good words make him pro Pakistan and anti india is a logic beyond imagination when india military themselves respect PAF. Many indian authors have wrote about PAF in good words. I have read few.
The discussion is about credibility of foreign journos and whywarnes lacks credibility regarding India and pakistan.

The new book by Alan Warnes, PAF-Leading the fight, an insider tells me it is said to be a masterpiece, it contains some fantastic and even classified shots hitherto never published.
Amongst others, couple of very interesting points mentioned in the book are that the F-16s that PAF acquired from Jordan in 2014 actually have over 5000 hours of life in them and not the 3000 hours that was generally reported in the media, so technically No 19 squadron can fly them for another 20 years. Also it seems the F-7PGs which usualy remain in the shadows have been proving tough opponents even for the likes of EF Typhoons.

"The F-7PGs and their pilots are excellent ‘aggressors’ and as an RAF officer said after a 2009 Air Tactical Leadership Course (ATLC) in UAE, are very difficult to outmanoeuvre and what’s more – extremely professional."

F-16_Mirage_2000_F-7PG_during_exercise.JPG
@Windjammer what is name of book ?and from where i can get online?

The new book by Alan Warnes, PAF-Leading the fight, an insider tells me it is said to be a masterpiece, it contains some fantastic and even classified shots hitherto never published.
Amongst others, couple of very interesting points mentioned in the book are that the F-16s that PAF acquired from Jordan in 2014 actually have over 5000 hours of life in them and not the 3000 hours that was generally reported in the media, so technically No 19 squadron can fly them for another 20 years. Also it seems the F-7PGs which usualy remain in the shadows have been proving tough opponents even for the likes of EF Typhoons.

"The F-7PGs and their pilots are excellent ‘aggressors’ and as an RAF officer said after a 2009 Air Tactical Leadership Course (ATLC) in UAE, are very difficult to outmanoeuvre and what’s more – extremely professional."

F-16_Mirage_2000_F-7PG_during_exercise.JPG
Met a few of the PAF F-7PG pilots at Dubai air show 2009, they were very excited at checking out the Rafale on static display.

@Windjammer what is name of book ?and from where i can get online?
Dude the title of the thread, although advertised by the likes of Amazon, Abe books, Waterstones but due to some reasons it's pending to hit the shelves.

Met a few of the PAF F-7PG pilots at Dubai air show 2009, they were very excited at checking out the Rafale on static display.
@Knuckles
Sir, request you to disclose more info that you are obviously holding as PAF themselves are always reluctant to share much.

Indian migs....Other than BVR capability they are not better than F7PG.
F7PG airframe is improved and optimized.
The F-7PGs were inducted into PAF during 2002 hostilities with India.....not to fire just sidewinders....since we already had that capability.....know what i mean.

The F-7PGs were inducted into PAF during 2002 hostilities with India.....not to fire just sidewinders....since we already had that capability.....know what i mean.
In the mid 1980s Pakistan requested an aircraft with greater radar capabilities. Both the standard radar and the British Marconi radar were plagued by ground clutter, but China did not have any experience with air to ground radar at the time. In 1984 Pakistan provided assistance by having their American trained F-16 pilots provide training on proper operation of ground attack radar, which enabled the Chinese to develop the J-7M. In the late 1980s the J-7MP and J-7PG introduced significant upgrades to the radar system by converting to an Italian FAIR Grifo-7 radar. This more than tripled the effective range of the radar, as well as greatly increased the angle which the radar could detect target.

Its very obvious what you are saying.. i remember those South African inspired .. i forgot the name !
waiting for the book though!

Can't wait for the day when JF-17 participates in an exercise along with Raptor.

If they end up replacing PGs with JF-17, that tells you what the Thunder is capable of!

AAAAA......Alan Warnes ... :P This guy blocked me in Twitter, 1yr back ,when I asked him is it true that he was close to apprehended by military intelligence in India "once upon a time" for asking details about EW of Su and Mig 29 to an officer/DARE personal in an airshow.
And his Ans was- F**ck India and Indians ..Blocked...And I got my Ans :partay:

@Abingdonboy @Robinhood Pandey @Gessler @ptldM3 @Water Car Engineer @sarjenprabhu @Hindustani78

https://twitter.com/warnesyworld

For the reference .. :P
I think he doesn't entertain trolls that's why he blocked you.

Back
Top Bottom