What's new

PAF - Leading the fight

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The new book by Alan Warnes, PAF-Leading the fight, an insider tells me it is said to be a masterpiece, it contains some fantastic and even classified shots hitherto never published.
Amongst others, couple of very interesting points mentioned in the book are that the F-16s that PAF acquired from Jordan in 2014 actually have over 5000 hours of life in them and not the 3000 hours that was generally reported in the media, so technically No 19 squadron can fly them for another 20 years. Also it seems the F-7PGs which usualy remain in the shadows have been proving tough opponents even for the likes of EF Typhoons.

"The F-7PGs and their pilots are excellent ‘aggressors’ and as an RAF officer said after a 2009 Air Tactical Leadership Course (ATLC) in UAE, are very difficult to outmanoeuvre and what’s more – extremely professional."

F-16_Mirage_2000_F-7PG_during_exercise.JPG

Also it seems the F-7PGs which usualy remain in the shadows have been proving tough opponents even for the likes of EF Typhoons.

Dear, how do you rate these exercises which occur b/w air forces of different countries? I mean, the results of these exercises can't be relied/believed as these exercises are basically occur in contained environment...So, Its good that our jets did give tough time to Typhoons but will the result be different in real scenario (war) ??

I m glad to hear that foreigners are acknowledging our air force...

Let me tag others as well...

@MastanKhan @Khafee @CriticalThought

Never realized F-7pg was so agile and difficult to tame

I personally was shocked when I saw a picture of F16 next to F-7PG the jets are almost same size

I always imagined the F-7Pg to be tiny plane

The new book by Alan Warnes, PAF-Leading the fight, an insider tells me it is said to be a masterpiece, it contains some fantastic and even classified shots hitherto never published.
Amongst others, couple of very interesting points mentioned in the book are that the F-16s that PAF acquired from Jordan in 2014 actually have over 5000 hours of life in them and not the 3000 hours that was generally reported in the media, so technically No 19 squadron can fly them for another 20 years. Also it seems the F-7PGs which usualy remain in the shadows have been proving tough opponents even for the likes of EF Typhoons.

"The F-7PGs and their pilots are excellent ‘aggressors’ and as an RAF officer said after a 2009 Air Tactical Leadership Course (ATLC) in UAE, are very difficult to outmanoeuvre and what’s more – extremely professional."

F-16_Mirage_2000_F-7PG_during_exercise.JPG
O

Is it now available on Amazon ?

AAAAA......Alan Warnes ... :P This guy blocked me in Twitter, 1yr back ,when I asked him is it true that he was close to apprehended by military intelligence in India "once upon a time" for asking details about EW of Su and Mig 29 to an officer/DARE personal in an airshow.
And his Ans was- F**ck India and Indians ..Blocked...And I got my Ans :partay:

@Abingdonboy @Robinhood Pandey @Gessler @ptldM3 @Water Car Engineer @sarjenprabhu @Hindustani78

https://twitter.com/warnesyworld

For the reference .. :P
Albeit, i don't see Alan Warnes malign India in the OP neither does it contain any reference to the IAF but how could you people digest anything positive about Pakistan or PAF.
Suffice to say that the IAF did invite Alan to cover the IAF's operations during Gujarat earthquake and later to cover Indra Danush exercise held in India.....and it wasn't Alan who exposed IAF's lies and unprofessional attitude after last Indra Danush which commonly was refereed to as a cricket score.
Alan could also have published the IAF's Commanders school boy attitude with chest thumping on shooting down a Tornado during an exercise but he saved IAF the humiliation by not publishing the back ground details of the incident.

Dear, how do you rate these exercises which occur b/w air forces of different countries? I mean, the results of these exercises can't be relied/believed as these exercises are basically occur in contained environment...So, Its good that our jets did give tough time to Typhoons but will the result be different in real scenario (war) ??

I m glad to hear that foreigners are acknowledging our air force...

Let me tag others as well...

@MastanKhan @Khafee @CriticalThought

From what i have learnt that PGs are great fighter for interceptor role or within visual combat ... so may be they performed good due to some scenario however they can overpower euro fighter its difficult ...

Having said above there are few coditions where even f7pgs can come on top like in kashmir where the terrain is tough f7pgs in the hand of true pilot can be deadly due to small size and its nible nature ... they can give tough time to even mki ...

Furthermore if our pgs are connected with link 17 than they can definitly partially overcome on there shortcoming of inferrior avionics ... however i am not sure about level of connectivity ...

From what i have learnt that PGs are great fighter for interceptor role or within visual combat ... so may be they performed good due to some scenario however they can overpower euro fighter its difficult ...

Having said above there are few coditions where even f7pgs can come on top like in kashmir where the terrain is tough f7pgs in the hand of true pilot can be deadly due to small size and its nible nature ... they can give tough time to even mki ...

Furthermore if our pgs are connected with link 17 than they can definitly partially overcome on there shortcoming of inferrior avionics ... however i am not sure about level of connectivity ...

How about Indian Mig-21 bisons sneaking up on F-16. They are more capable than F-7 PG . With BVR capable and Israeli EW installed on it ? War fighting is not a one way street. If PAF has F-7 PG so does India has Bison.

Can the F-7 or Mirages carry small tactical nukes? or the cruise missiles? whatever they are :P

AAAAA......Alan Warnes ... :P This guy blocked me in Twitter, 1yr back ,when I asked him is it true that he was close to apprehended by military intelligence in India "once upon a time" for asking details about EW of Su and Mig 29 to an officer/DARE personal in an airshow.
And his Ans was- F**ck India and Indians ..Blocked...And I got my Ans :partay:

@Abingdonboy @Robinhood Pandey @Gessler @ptldM3 @Water Car Engineer @sarjenprabhu @Hindustani78

https://twitter.com/warnesyworld

For the reference .. :P

Gosh so rude of him and thoroughly disappointed that he blocked you. I will write to him to apologise and invite you for tea. Explaining that your low self esteem is not your fault and quote CIA. Hope that makes you happy now. Please smile

How about Indian Mig-21 bisons sneaking up on F-16. They are more capable than F-7 PG . With BVR capable and Israeli EW installed on it ? War fighting is not a one way street. If PAF has F-7 PG so does India has Bison.
Of course India is much better .....I mean what do us Pakistanis know. Mig 21 flying coffins all the way

Yea yea,sitting at PAF powered jet liner even I can write things which even PAF doesn't know .Deal ?
when t comes to PAF and iaf every neutral observer have some kind of born enmity towards india and love towards Pakistan.
It's natural. Western observers "They were anti india".
Chinese observer "Pakistani friends"
Eastern observers "US allies and cold war enemy of india".

I hope and pray that one day indian isolation in this field ends too.

Back
Top Bottom