What's new

PAF JF 17 Promotional Video (HD)

Didn't see any smart munitions. Should've showed it. I know GIDS developed the takbir GPS glide bomb. Can the JF-17 use that?

By the way...... Sehri ka maza dobala ho gya.......awesome video!!!!!

Didn't see any smart munitions. Should've showed it. I know GIDS developed the takbir GPS glide bomb. Can the JF-17 use that?
block 1 is not fitted with a targeting pod hence no laser guided weapons, the lady even says in the video "general purpose and anti runway bombs" she doesn't mention guided bombs.
but block 2 is mated with a targeting pod so it will be able to carry LS-6 and other smart bombs.

block 1 is not fitted with a targeting pod hence no laser guided weapons, the lady even says in the video "general purpose and anti runway bombs" she doesn't mention guided bombs.
but block 2 is mated with a targeting pod so it will be able to carry LS-6 and other smart bombs.
I see, thanks.

Somebody else feel that the beginning was a bit too cheesy? :p

Yeah it was, super cheesy. But a great video overall, for the first time, I am seeing stuff produced in HD. Usually, they use crappy and old cameras from the 80's. But this one was recorded on a digital HD cam.

Awesome media!

Did you guys notice design change in dual rack of bombs. Outer bomb now hangs higher than the other one.
View attachment 232331

Yup, the PAF learns from the USAF a lot. These are dual racks similar to what's been used on the -14's, -15's and -18's. The beauty is, you can mount multiple missiles or bombs on it, but yet mount them away from fuel tanks, so even by mistake or due to a software / hardware glitch, if your missile somehow ignites, or there is a delayed ejection, etc, etc, fumes coming out of the missile don't impact the fuel tank.

Yup, the PAF learns from the USAF a lot. These are dual racks similar to what's been used on the -14's, -15's and -18's. The beauty is, you can mount multiple missiles or bombs on it, but yet mount them away from fuel tanks, so even by mistake or due to a software / hardware glitch, if your missile somehow ignites, or there is a delayed ejection, etc, etc, fumes coming out of the missile don't impact the fuel tank.

To me it appears they made space for larger weapons on inner station like Cruise Missile, 2000 pound guided weapons etc or may be a dual rack SD-10 launcher. Could be CM-400AKG as well. Waiting for pictures to appear on new weapons. Interesting stuff going on.

Ok guy! Just hold your horses. SRILANKAN AIRFORCE SPOKE PERSON WING CMDR Gihan senevirathne indicated that SL has not made any decision on purchasing them. Sourse The News. Geo news is also reporting the same thing so who is the real buyer?

Last edited:
flare dispensers. two on top and two on the bottom.
People were fighting over it for the past two-three years over why we still don't have them on JF-17 but now we do

Believe the ones on top are chaff dispensers and the ones on the bottom are flare dispensers or maybe one of each on the bottom and top.

I hope they did not show this at Paris.. although compared to Rafael's Aero India video this is pretty ok.

I could have done a better voice over instead of that dude at the beginning. Overall, its a high standard Promo.

I could have done a better voice over instead of that dude at the beginning. Overall, its a high standard Promo.

Dont know who they hired for this, but it probably was someone with connections. One of the better marketing agencies would have done a better job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom