What's new

PAF introduce armed K8 for buyers

K-8 must be upgraded to be equiped with guided munitions like Turkish 70 mm Cirit Laser guided missile (8km range), Mizrak-U (formerly UMTAS) ATGM (8km range), AIM-9x with HMS or Russian R-73's latest version with HMS along with NCW capability, It will become 21st century light F/A-8 jet.

JiaoLian-8+%2528JL-8%2529+K-8+Karakorum+Light+Attack+Jet+Trainer+Aircraft+rocket+gun+pod+Hongdu+Aviation+Industry+Corporation+%2528HAIC%2529+of+China+Aeronautical+Complex+%2528PAC%2529++Pakistan+Air+Force+%2528PAF%2529+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Air+Force+%25286%2529.jpg

We need dedicated companies building these "accessory" type gadgets , for planes and helicopters can't be done just at KAMRA itself need a bigger Manufacturing base

Its not new , the only thing is at IDEAS with AI M-9Ps is new, its already being used at Lead in Trainer for F16s, Chinese pic (weapon config. diagram) with laser designator pod with Laser bomb config exists on the web as well as ECM pod.

I think all 4 stations are now capable of 227 kg/ 500 lbs , total load ~1000kg / ~2000 lbs.

Hope JF-17 gets under intake pylon / station point like F-16 for Pods

upload_2014-12-14_14-53-48.jpeg

upload_2014-12-14_14-42-49.jpeg

Egypt%2BK-8%2Btrainer%2Baircraft%2Bappeared%2Bon%2Bthe%2BMalta%2BAir%2BShow%2Bthis%2Byear%2B1.jpg

27xi0ix.jpg

images

Is K-8 a Pakistani product? When it was recently sold to Bangladesh, did Pakistan also participate in marketing it as Pakistani product?

I think PAC-China can work more on K-8 to develop it into a new generation Trainer and Light Ground attack aircraft which can intercept and airborne target too like UAVs/Helicopters or any fighter too.

I think they can add:
Composite
DSI
IFRP
Internal Gun with 300 rounds
Landing gears like JF-17s
Better Avionics and Sensor

Although this will increase the cost but many airforces in the world will buy it especially from Africa-South America and Asia too.

I think PAC-China can work more on K-8 to develop it into a new generation Trainer and Light Ground attack aircraft which can intercept and airborne target too like UAVs/Helicopters or any fighter too.

I think they can add:
Composite
DSI
IFRP
Internal Gun with 300 rounds
Landing gears like JF-17s
Better Avionics and Sensor

Although this will increase the cost but many airforces in the world will buy it especially from Africa-South America and Asia too.

If that is done then, the K-8 will be at par with the L-15, wont be feasible to make it next gen.

Better keep it updated but in same generation. The K-8s greatest plus point is its simplicity and robustness.

for COIN/surveillance its better to have drones.

If that is done then, the K-8 will be at par with the L-15, wont be feasible to make it next gen.

Better keep it updated but in same generation. The K-8s greatest plus point is its simplicity and robustness.

for COIN/surveillance its better to have drones.
Can you compare this plane with YAK 130 ? ...YAK is proven for its COIN operation.

Can you compare this plane with YAK 130 ? ...YAK is proven for its COIN operation.

L-15 and YAK 130 are very similar, both same gen advanced trainers with considerable capabilities.

L-15 and YAK 130 are very similar, both same gen advanced trainers with considerable capabilities.
But K8 single engine , can carry weapon load compare to Yak? . It has specially built anti-ballistic hull for pilot safety. But I think K8 is not cost effective for COIN, because of endurance,safety and payload.
Yak-130_11.jpg

Back
Top Bottom