=Total 530 combats fighter aircrafts

55 J-8,s (j8c or j8d or j8h)

100 f7pg (upgraded)

200 jf 17

35 f-16 upgraded locally

85 j-10

if possible 55 mirage 2000V (5)

=Total 530 combats fighter aircrafts

If you add helos, transport aircrafts, trainers, Air to Air Refullers and EW aircraft to the above; it maks a very cumbersome mixture to manage effecticely. We mustn't forget that no country has unlimited resources and Pakistan even less so. One therefore needs to formulate a strategy whereby all avialble resources including manpower are optimized.

As a man of 40 years experience in engineering and refining management. I would apply basic management principles and:

1. Reduce the number of types of aircrafts to as few as possible. This would make a huge saving in spare parts inventorty. Belive me, one can save a hell of a lot money this way.

2. Fewer the number of different models, easier it would to train the crew and maintenance staff. This would enable to put more aircrafts in the air with fewer manpower and in less time.

I am sure these principles apply equally to to PAF. Therefore I would propose that PAF future fighter fleet should consist of no more than 3 or 4 different types of aircraft.

Say:

JF -17 in different variants 250

F-16 all variants 80

J-10 all variants 80

This should give us about 25 Squadrons (16 per Sqdn), sufficient to combat our percieved threat which is really India.

The purpose of inducting JFs are that they will replace all A-5, F-7pg and mirages currently PAF is using. That is the reason when the AM said that the number of JFs could easily go up to 250.
so we can say that
250 JFs
around 80 F-10 (pakistan name for J-10)
around 50 - 80 F-16s
PAF will go with these aircrafts till 2020 after which i think F-16s will need replacement as the lifespan of the airframe will be over by that time.

There was a news that in late 2001 or 2002( no sure about the year) PAF inducted more of these planes as there was currently time left in the induction of JF-17s and J-10s, but eventually they will be replaced by Jfs by 2015

There are plans in place to keep the F-7PGs in until the end of the second decade (2020). PAF is looking at options to upgrade the aircraft with a new radar and extended Air to Air weaponscapability.

I think pakistan air force should maintain the folowing level to catch up indians

BY 2015

JF-17 Thunder 150
F-16 C/D 36
F-16 MLU 60
J-10 A,B 40
F7-MG 60
Mirage ROsE I/II/III 70

Also creat a good long range sam network

BY 2025 Air force should look like this

JF-17 thunder 300
F-16 C/D 120
J-10 A,B 100
J-10 C 70
J-xx 50
RAFALE 120

JF-17 for Interceptor mission flying in pakistani skies during a war, F-16 for SEAD mission J-10A/B for surgical strike missions and ground support mission. J-10 C and RAFALE for Air supperiorty missions while J-xx if pakistan get they should be used as Multi mission and nucler strike as well
I hope one day came that pakistan should get that figure of fighters:pakistan:

Terms such as "catch-up" are not realistic vis-a-vis IAF. What we can say is that we would plug in the gaps in our capabilities. Whatever PAF spends, IAF has more money to spend and a larger size to cater to.

Lastly, not sure why you guys find such threads fun? These are all speculations and at best, most speculations of the 90s have proven wrong...:undecided:

I think pakistan air force should maintain the folowing level to catch up indians

BY 2015

JF-17 Thunder 150
F-16 C/D 36
F-16 MLU 60
J-10 A,B 40
F7-MG 60
Mirage ROsE I/II/III 70

Also creat a good long range sam network

BY 2025 Air force should look like this

JF-17 thunder 300
F-16 C/D 120
J-10 A,B 100
J-10 C 70
J-xx 50
RAFALE 120

JF-17 for Interceptor mission flying in pakistani skies during a war, F-16 for SEAD mission J-10A/B for surgical strike missions and ground support mission. J-10 C and RAFALE for Air supperiorty missions while J-xx if pakistan get they should be used as Multi mission and nucler strike as well
I hope one day came that pakistan should get that figure of fighters:pakistan:

In your next post I hope you are going to show us a brilliant economic theory on where the money for all these planes is going to come from. 120 Rafale would be in the region of 10 billion (judging by the Indian MRCA deal) approx 42 million per J-10 so approx another 7 billion.and say another 8-10 billion for the J-xx......so Approx 27 Billion WITHOUT the cost of the JF-17.

There are plans in place to keep the F-7PGs in until the end of the second decade (2020). PAF is looking at options to upgrade the aircraft with a new radar and extended Air to Air weaponscapability.

Any news on what may the new radar be and also will that enable the jet to fire BVR such as the SD-10 or the AMRAAM.

I think Pakistan needs to maintain at least 4 different types of jets in it's inventory. It is good to have at least one fighter dedicated to ground attack role like the US F-110s.

on wiki it says Pak is interested in JSF and so is India? any chance Pak might get JSFs till 2015:)

on wiki it says Pak is interested in JSF and so is India? any chance Pak might get JSFs till 2015:)

Many countries are interested in JSF but it will not come to South Asia anytime soon. India is a participant in the FAK-FA project, Pakistan is eyeing Chinese J-XX for future stealth requirement.

Just 32 F-16s???

I never counted on f-16,s & often found it rather immature to rely on it specially in Pakistan's experience IMO plus i think there are only 35 f-16 in present so i have put it up i don't take U.S weapons into consideration for the long run .

In your next post I hope you are going to show us a brilliant economic theory on where the money for all these planes is going to come from. 120 Rafale would be in the region of 10 billion (judging by the Indian MRCA deal) approx 42 million per J-10 so approx another 7 billion.and say another 8-10 billion for the J-xx......so Approx 27 Billion WITHOUT the cost of the JF-17.

I dont know if more than 20bn in capex expenditure is possible, but if the economy grows you will definitly have more money tp spend compared to as of now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom