What's new

PAF in 2015 & 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys any news about the arrival of next batch of JF17 ?

I dont know if more than 20bn in capex expenditure is possible, but if the economy grows you will definitly have more money tp spend compared to as of now.

$20 billion is not possible nor is it a sane thing to do. I think after the current $9 billion expenditure over the next few years, PAF will cut back on spending. Its almost like the cyclical tech-refresh that all major enterprises need. You upgrade and then you consolidate. In addition, other services also have requirements.

The need is to define a minimal credible deterrance threshold for conventional capabilities and then stick to it...otherwise you would end up in the US vs. USSR situation.

I dont know if more than 20bn in capex expenditure is possible, but if the economy grows you will definitly have more money tp spend compared to as of now.

Well my point is that you don't spend that kind of money in the near future. A lot of fanboys are putting wish lists up here that have no basis in reality. Might as well wish for X-wings and a death star.

on wiki it says Pak is interested in JSF and so is India? any chance Pak might get JSFs till 2015:)

No chance. Its doubtful whether Australia (a partner in JSF program) will get then by 2015.

If IAF or PAF orders JSF TODAY, they'll probably get it around 2025, after US, UK and other partner's rquirements are fulfilled

No chance. Its doubtful whether Australia (a partner in JSF program) will get then by 2015.

If IAF or PAF orders JSF TODAY, they'll probably get it around 2025, after US, UK and other partner's rquirements are fulfilled

Absolutely correct! JSF has long lead times for the partner countries...IAF and PAF are not going to get any until and unless other countries hold off on their requirements and fulfill those of IAF and PAF.

Wat Aircraft can we get and should get other then F-16's,Jf-17's and j10's ??

Wat Aircraft can we get and should get other then F-16's,Jf-17's and j10's ??

We cannot affoard any other jet. I think after 5-7years, Used F-16E/F from UAE will be a good option

We cannot affoard any other jet. I think after 5-7years, Used F-16E/F from UAE will be a good option

i tend to agree with owais, we have lots of aircraft on order like f-16's, j-10's n our own JF-17 (of which we will be having 250 aircraft), so i think after 2015 PAF will seriously think of procurin either UAE f-16's or will shift straight to 5th generation aircraft, in my view PAF's 5th generation choice shuld be F-35:azn:

i tend to agree with owais, we have lots of aircraft on order like f-16's, j-10's n our own JF-17 (of which we will be having 250 aircraft), so i think after 2015 PAF will seriously think of procurin either UAE f-16's or will shift straight to 5th generation aircraft, in my view PAF's 5th generation choice shuld be F-35:azn:

Are you guys talking with your senses?LOL.. F-16 should be the final and last US equipment purchased. UAE cant just hand us over their new F-16s with only 10 years of use, on top of that they need permission from uncle sam. and plezzz dont even dream about F-35..lol. Or you know what?? Hope for the first Asian US president and that of pakistan descendent...LOL
As for the topic.. i would love to see a squadron Su-34 for the Navy and a squadron of Rafale from France. Rafale can catch technological MKI advantage over PAF.

Are you guys talking with your senses?LOL.. F-16 should be the final and last US equipment purchased. UAE cant just hand us over their new F-16s with only 10 years of use, on top of that they need permission from uncle sam. and plezzz dont even dream about F-35..lol. Or you know what?? Hope for the first Asian US president and that of pakistan descendent...LOL
As for the topic.. i would love to see a squadron Su-34 for the Navy and a squadron of Rafale from France. Rafale can catch technological MKI advantage over PAF.

brother, can i ask why we cannot hope in my case n DREAM IN UR CASE OF HAVIN F-35'S???? as i said in many of my posts, MONEY TALKS!!!! when Pak wuld have pockets full of money it can purchase anythin, PERIOD!!!

when in the future Pak is goin to go for J-XX which will surely be more than $50 million then my friend if F-35 costs more than J-XX, but the technologies offered by the former wuld be way ahead of J-XX then why not go for F-35!!! Quality is better than quantity!!! n PAF has always kept quality factor with it which IAF has always lacked.

PAF would need to replace some of its MLU F-16's after 2020 then it will not replace these babies with Chinese fighters, i think u shuld know that PAF wanted more F-16's after it was not impressed with J-10's so it ordered small number of J-10's, so my friend as i said after 2015 do u really think PAF wuld like to have Rafale, i dont think so cause it is goin to be a 4.5th generation fighter, also when rafale costs more than $50 million than let me ask u again, wut is the use of buying Rafale's after 2015 when India is goin to have PAK-FA before 2020, u need to give that kind of fighter which is in the 5th generation league a run for its money, so i dont think PAF wuld like to buy Rafale to counter PAK-FA, the possible reply shuld be F-35.

Also, bro, u can see Turkey who has already shown its commitment of buyin 100 F-35's, so i think PAF can really test these fighters in Turkey when they arrive in Turkey, then they can also test J-XX, then the decision is upto them, u know wut is likely to be the choice!!!

n when u talk of Su-34 i think u r jokin, u want PAF to go for a fighter which Russia is never goin to give us, huh!!!

I WULD ALWAYS KEEP TO MY DECISION THAT PAF SHULD IN THE FUTURE GO FOR F-35, NOT J-XX AS ITS 5TH GENERATION FIGHTER, PERIOD!!!

The fact remains that inspite of our wishes and dreams, AFDP2019 does not point ot any other purchase by PAF other than the ones already discussed.we have no money for it.
Araz

The fact remains that inspite of our wishes and dreams, AFDP2019 does not point ot any other purchase by PAF other than the ones already discussed.we have no money for it.
Araz

Araz bhai, i agree with u, n the aquisation of new planes that i talked in my posts above abut were taken in a scenario that they may be purchased after 2020. till 2019 i think PAF has done enough to meet its needs, n after that it would absolutely be ready for an induction of a whole new advanced fighter, just a guess from my part.

brother, can i ask why we cannot hope in my case n DREAM IN UR CASE OF HAVIN F-35'S???? as i said in many of my posts, MONEY TALKS!!!! when Pak wuld have pockets full of money it can purchase anythin, PERIOD!!!

when in the future Pak is goin to go for J-XX which will surely be more than $50 million then my friend if F-35 costs more than J-XX, but the technologies offered by the former wuld be way ahead of J-XX then why not go for F-35!!! Quality is better than quantity!!! n PAF has always kept quality factor with it which IAF has always lacked.

PAF would need to replace some of its MLU F-16's after 2020 then it will not replace these babies with Chinese fighters, i think u shuld know that PAF wanted more F-16's after it was not impressed with J-10's so it ordered small number of J-10's, so my friend as i said after 2015 do u really think PAF wuld like to have Rafale, i dont think so cause it is goin to be a 4.5th generation fighter, also when rafale costs more than $50 million than let me ask u again, wut is the use of buying Rafale's after 2015 when India is goin to have PAK-FA before 2020, u need to give that kind of fighter which is in the 5th generation league a run for its money, so i dont think PAF wuld like to buy Rafale to counter PAK-FA, the possible reply shuld be F-35.

Also, bro, u can see Turkey who has already shown its commitment of buyin 100 F-35's, so i think PAF can really test these fighters in Turkey when they arrive in Turkey, then they can also test J-XX, then the decision is upto them, u know wut is likely to be the choice!!!

n when u talk of Su-34 i think u r jokin, u want PAF to go for a fighter which Russia is never goin to give us, huh!!!

I WULD ALWAYS KEEP TO MY DECISION THAT PAF SHULD IN THE FUTURE GO FOR F-35, NOT J-XX AS ITS 5TH GENERATION FIGHTER, PERIOD!!!

your thesis is practically making no sense my Friend f-16's from UEA + F35! from the USA is out of the question for obvious reasons we have already reduced the quantity of f16's to be purchased from the US so please get over this infatuations for U.S weapons they are not for Pakistan period.
:cheers:

so please get over this infatuations for U.S weapons they are not for Pakistan period.
:cheers:

i take my comments bak abut UAE f-16's, i think u r write, but JSF is a possibility.

but i contradict with ur above statement, how can u say that? we have been using American hardware for 60 years now n recently we got American radars, F-16's goin to get them soon, Hawkeye's wuld also get them in comin few years, P-3's have got some remainin will come in 1 or 2 years, even we use US missiles like AIM 9, 120-C AMRAAM's, JDAM'S, Phalanx, Harpoon's, the list goes on n on!!!:hitwall:

i think it wuld be really hard to get over them!!!:undecided:

jus think my friend, even if we decide we wana switch from usin US hardware where will we head, Russia no way, China lacks in tech, Europe needs US approval, that only leaves us with US!!!:what:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom