What's new

PAF Heroes Who Surprised India !

J
Hi,

Listen to the video ---so many of them on this board---@ 00:17 seconds---" Gun Tau Khatam Ho Gai---"---right in the begining---that is what he says---the use of gun is finished ( talking about the gun on the aircraft )---.

Now that your DAD, Kaiser Tufail has spoken---maybe now you would understand what I have been saying for a decade---.

And look at this video of Gripen trying to position for a kill in a gun dogfight---.

You will see how vulnerable he is for a BVR shot from the enemy aircraft from 50 miles away----.

Just an innocent question, why are you angry all the time?

Hi,

Screw " the behave yourself---" . Your BS is getting old---.

You talk big---but put nothing on the paper.

Come out with a plausible scenario where a modern 5th gen aircraft would use its guns---.

And don't hide behind thia country os doing that and that country is doing that---give me a scenario how it will be done---.
Talk like that with your grandchildren and your customers. But don't spew it on me please. I respect you a lot but at certain times you have a habit of PMSing. Relax.

Cheers!!!

Last edited:
Talk like that with your grandchildren and your customers. But don't spew it on me please. I respect you a lot but at certain times you have a habit of PMSing. Relax.

Cheers!!!

Hi,

So---that is all you have to say---and nothing about the gun on the fighter aircraft---which is the primary 'bone of contention'---.

You cannot say anything about that because you do not have any scenarios where you would want to put your 100 million dollar machine 500 yards behind enemy machine---.

To raise the stakes higher for loose talk here on pdf there should be some consequences....like positive rating for truth and negative rating if found to be wrong later on.....tick tok tick tok.....:butcher:

Hi,

If you folks listen to this video---you would understand how intense the modern air combat is---.

The BVR combat is not as simple as it was thought---it is all about flying the aircraft---about situational awareness---keeping an eye on each and everything happening in a 200 miles plus radius---.

That is where the true utility of the TWIN seater JF17 will be seen---.

In a high intensity air combat---the JF17 B may become more of an air superiority aircraft rather than a strike aircraft---.

I believe that is where it would shine the best---that is where it would show its true capabilities---.

Let the pilot fly---let the navigator lead towards the air to air combat---.

another example of PROOF DEKHAO @airomerix :D

If learning is deviating from the topic, bringing irrelevant points, comparing corruption with rules of engagement and calling Islamic Teachings as an unexpected argument then BABA G ap apni teachings apne pass rakhen.

And its not called making a stand rather its called being Arrogant.When you think you are above all and know everything better than everyone.
First they ask for imformation and then they ask for proof, kia yeh khula tazad nai.

Hi,

Now this is a 90's video of a dogfight---from one pilot's perspective---this pilot is in the chase---.

Now---look and see---how difficult is it to position for a gun shot---how intense the moves are---how much time it takes---and how many G's the pilot is pulling---.

After watching this video---if someone still believes that dog fights with guns blazing will take place---then you cannot be taught anything---good luck.

Hi,

Now this is a 90's video of a dogfight---from one pilot's perspective---this pilot is in the chase---.

Now---look and see---how difficult is it to position for a gun shot---how intense the moves are---how much time it takes---and how many G's the pilot is pulling---.

After watching this video---if someone still believes that dog fights with guns blazing will take place---then you cannot be taught anything---good luck.

Dude no one said it is easy, if it were so, airforces would not be spending all sort of resources training their pilots in BFM etc.
And you can stick to your belief that guns are going away, while others are of the opinion they are not. Neither you nor anyone else here is in any position to prove their position right or wrong for the others. Guns are here to stay regardless of whether they are used 5% of the time instead of 95%.

Hi,

I picked this article from yahoo---. Very interesting---why Iran picked up the F14 over the F15---. One of the iranian test pilots may have been trained in pakistan as well.

The choice was made due to the capabilities of the radar and the BVR missile---and the choice of have a weapons system operator who can purely concentrate on his task.

I think that the BLK3 B would be an excellent choice for naval air superiority missions---.

Hi,

So---that is all you have to say---and nothing about the gun on the fighter aircraft---which is the primary 'bone of contention'---.

You cannot say anything about that because you do not have any scenarios where you would want to put your 100 million dollar machine 500 yards behind enemy machine---.
I never had any input on any of the training courses for the operational conversions. They will keep the cannon as hesitancy from what they experienced in Vietnam. Yes....the current warfare scenario has a larger demand for BVR for ACM hops or BFM yet they are keeping the cannon.

On a side note. My background is associated more with the test flying side, and with high performance particularly with a short stint on Vipers. Got some seat time to have some idea but very vague about the operational side.

Cheers and bye

I never had any input on any of the training courses for the operational conversions. They will keep the cannon as hesitancy from what they experienced in Vietnam. Yes....the current warfare scenario has a larger demand for BVR for ACM hops or BFM yet they are keeping the cannon.

On a side note. My background is associated more with the test flying side, and with high performance particularly with a short stint on Vipers. Got some seat time to have some idea but very vague about the operational side.

Cheers and bye
Because the cannon goes beyond A2A; 150 PGU rounds from a M-61 can still shred a platoon of infantry.

Back
Top Bottom