@Khafee

"Agaan la k sanu ishq dyan, te aap mithi niend sona ei.."

Could someone please translate it in Arabic
He understands urdu @Khafee in Punjabi he saying
By putting our heart on fire
You sleeping carefree
In other words he says Kuch news

Last edited:
And who asked you to respond and feel special ? If you don’t like the topic just move on and spare me from your incoherent ramblings..
If it was blocked from commenting i would have opted not ,Rest every one is titles to his/her opinion ,I think putting flags of Canada dont make you open minded ,better to raise sain voice rather than lakeer ka fakeer

Then why waste your time typing this message and spoiling the environment?

The day the F-16s come, oh those golden goose that they are, that day whether it comes or not, is not impacted by this forum. So why even be on a forum then? Surely, everything will happen anyways, whether we discuss them or not.

So the point actually is quite illogical and pedantic. We come to this forum to discuss, share ideas, analyze. If x is likely to happen, what should we do before, during or after x? What about y and z? How do we deal with the threat of I, J and K? This is the bread and butter of having a discussion forum. And that, sadly is the part you missed the relevance of.
Lol on fake news waste time of every one does make sense ,the idea for this forum was to educate and discuss defence related matters not to jump on news which are not confirmed . by the way 125 Million US approval is based on following (The news to be discussed) .

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/20...chnical-logistics-support-for-f-16-programme/

The potential sale will support US foreign policy and national security “by protecting US technology through the continued presence of US personnel that provide 24/7 end-use monitoring,” a statement by US State .
Its a worry sign and it needs to be discussed rather than F16 block 72 sales which is not going to happen

The original agreement of F-16 Block 50/52 purchase with US was of 18 jets with 18 options. The geopolitical situation is again favorable for Pakistan in exercising the option of 18 jets but with Block 70/72 upgrade.
Historically it is always the Afghan issue that has brought F-16s to Pakistan. Same scenario is prevailing; so new F-16s cannot be ruled out.

Firstly if the news is true, which, with due respect for @Khafee, i am still skeptical about and will wait for it to materialize, then the deal will need to be a new deal all together. The original 18 + 18 was done with a set term limit for exercising of the option for the additional fighters. That passed and the option is not on the table anymore so a new deal would need to be struck. With that said, the US has not stopped PAF from buying, they simply stated US Aid couldn't be used to subsidize the deal which killed the purchase of 8 additional units.

As for whether PAF should go for such a deal if it is infact available and will Pakistan never learn, if this was a brand new fighter, then yes, inwould agree with you. But this is a type which you operate already and will not only add high quality to your fleet, but will take all 75+ fighter up to V standard and add another up to 24 fighters (putting you in that near 100 F-16 range) of block 70 caliber fighters. They would easily match IAF on tye field given the incredible EW capabilities and great radars, let alone their deadly pairing with Erieye. The deal would give you the best active fighter in Asia not named J-20 or Su-57 or F-35...and your would have essentially 100 of them,with at least 5 years of spares. Backed by new blk 3 JF-17 and possibly AESA upgraded Blk 1 and 2, you have 350 AESA equipped fighters with the 5th largest AWAC fleet in the world (behind USA, Russia, China and Japan). That is a very potent fleet which enables faster retirement of F-7 and Mirages amd buys time for project Azm.

no more f16 for us moveover. even if there are they will not come with newer weapons such as aim 9x and aim 120d.

As for whether PAF should go for such a deal if it is infact available and will Pakistan never learn, if this was a brand new fighter, then yes, inwould agree with you. But this is a type which you operate already and will not only add high quality to your fleet, but will take all 75+ fighter up to V standard and add another up to 24 fighters (putting you in that near 100 F-16 range) of block 70 caliber fighters. They would easily match IAF on tye field given the incredible EW capabilities and great radars, let alone their deadly pairing with Erieye. The deal would give you the best active fighter in Asia not named J-20 or Su-57 or F-35...and your would have essentially 100 of them,with at least 5 years of spares. Backed by new blk 3 JF-17 and possibly AESA upgraded Blk 1 and 2, you have 350 AESA equipped fighters with the 5th largest AWAC fleet in the world (behind USA, Russia, China and Japan). That is a very potent fleet which enables faster retirement of F-7 and Mirages amd buys time for project Azm.

Until the Project Azm materialize surely PAF needs capability increase in order to match IAF's Rafale acquisition. The logical and fastest way is to raise a new squadron of F-16 Block 70/72 and once it is accomplished (means the new squadron is in place); then the second step is to upgrade the existing fleet of F-16 Block 50/52 to Block 70/72. This would enable PAF to have 2 frontline squadrons to take on any fighter in IAF.
This is the minimum in my opinion; anything on top of this would be a bonus.

So 77 pages on BLK 70 and no official confirmation from any source so far..... well not any source that matters or is credible.

great going let's keep posting with nothing to back it up with. This is sadly the problem with us all. We would wish and wish and then hope that the wish comes true.

Khafee Leaks is good as Oak tree

sawtooth-oak-tree-full-600x600__93333.1538676083.1280.1280.jpg

In my opinion , the F16 Assembly line move to Pakistan will serve dual purpose

#1 The planes will support US interest with low labor cost and high quality delivery for F16 which is still widely
used defensive aircraft

#2 Turkey will indirectly see the goods on F16 Block 70/72 , and they might consider the plane
after loosing out on the F-35 in recent years. Pakistan-Turkey work on joint upgrades on F16 many times
and this may indirectly influence Turkey

#3 The Balance in South Asia will be maintained with Arrival of F16 Block 70/72 which should counter Indian
purchase of Rafael crafts

When was the last time you found trump to be reasonable? (For the opposite party)

Its a $8 Billion dollar cheque for Pakistan. For now.

I believe Trump can be more reasonable than others. Consider his take on S-400 deal with Turkey, Trump himself said it was fault of US government for not being able to sell their own system.

This could just be another attack on Obama (who he hates a lot) or just political jargon to appease Turkey. But it could also mean if Pakistan does have an alternative Trump will be willing to meet half way. Whether Pakistan has an alternative or not you and most others would know more than me.

Pakistan also has huge leverage due to Afghanistan peace process and making it look like Trump left the war as a victor which would make Trump see reason for sure as it would help is upcoming re-election campaign significantly. If everything moves in the right direction that bill could come down at least a little bit.

At present time

• Boost of US-Pakistan Trade to 15-20 Billion Mark and Move of F16 Assembly Line / Service would be a Game Changer, I could call it a major reset in Pakistan-US relations
  • Fast track release of Zulu should kick start things

Trump did indicate he wishes to boost Pakistan-US trade by 5x to 10x

Khafee Leaks is good as Oak tree

sawtooth-oak-tree-full-600x600__93333.1538676083.1280.1280.jpg

In my opinion , the F16 Assembly line move to Pakistan will serve dual purpose

#1 The planes will support US interest with low labor cost and high quality delivery for F16 which is still widely
used defensive aircraft

#2 Turkey will indirectly see the goods on F16 Block 70/72 , and they might consider the plane
after loosing out on the F-35 in recent years. Pakistan-Turkey work on joint upgrades on F16 many times
and this may indirectly influence Turkey

#3 The Balance in South Asia will be maintained with Arrival of F16 Block 70/72 which should counter Indian
purchase of Rafael crafts
No way in hell is F16 manufacturing facility moving to Pakistan.

Well it would make sense as Pakistan is one of oldest operators of F16
I would consider this as a Major strategic move
  • Service Center for F16 , in Middle East :yes4:, Lockhead martin still can score a homerun with Pakistan we already have ability to service F16's many components

It would be correct usage of Pakistan's Engineering Potential and may even revive the F16 plane's fortunes

• Egypt
  • Iraq
  • Jordan
  • UAE
  • Morocco
  • Turkey (Likely Collaborative work)

All fly the F16 craft and a service center in Pakistan makes sense

Last edited:
Well it would make sense as Pakistan is one of oldest operators of F16
I would consider this as a Major strategic move
  • Service Center for F16 , in Middle East :yes4:, Lockhead martin still can score a homerun with Pakistan we already have ability to service F16's many components

It would be correct usage of Pakistan's Engineering Potential and may even revive the F16 plane's fortunes

• Egypt
  • Iraq
  • Jordan
  • UAE
  • Morocco
  • Turkey (Likely Collaborative work)

All fly the F16 craft and a service center in Pakistan makes sense

If India rejects F-21 offer than it should offer it to Pakistan, including moving the current F-16 production line there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom