What's new

PAF F-16 mlu specifications and 36 blk 52+ prospects

The quality of the american weapons is undeniable but that's of no use if spare parts are not available when you need them. PAF officials know that Pakistan is prone to be the target of US sanctions and after that when they go for american weapons, I have to say that it's not only the quality that matters, there's more to it.

Hi,

That is understandable----that is where diversity comes in---. If you have another main strike aircraft and interceptor of the quality of F16---then there is a lesser chance of sanction----. The one who wants to enforce sanction knows well that that you have other options available.

Or you can choose to pursue all options that do not include the reasonable applicability of any sort of sanctions regime.

Q 31: Will the Americans be able to track the locations of the Block 52s through some sort of tracking devices hidden inside the aircraft?

A: If there are tracking devices then they will be inside the sealed systems, like the avionics suites or the sniper pods because we will not have the ability to look inside. If their Predator and Reaper drones are transmitting their GPS locations via satellite so can a Block 52 F-16.

Even though Turkey produces the F-16, there are some components that are manufactured in the US and only come to Turkey for the final assembly. In one incident, a Turkish Block 50 crashed and the pilot was killed. They salvaged the wreckage and laid it out in hanger and started putting together the pieces to find out the cause. They found a piece of sealed equipment which had cracked open and inside they found some device that looked like a bug. Upon inquiry, it turned out to be a tracking device.

PAF Falcons - PAF s' Specials - Pakistan Air Force Viper Pilot

^there are 3 threads on this subject-- dont spam this thread aswell

Major U.S. Arms Sales and Grants to Pakistan Since 2001

Major post-2001 defense supplies provided, or soon to be provided, under FMF include:

! eight P-3C Orion maritime patrol aircraft and their refurbishment (valued at $474 million);
! about 5,250 TOW anti-armor missiles ($186 million; 2,007 delivered);
! more than 5,600 military radio sets ($163 million);
! six AN/TPS-77 surveillance radars ($100 million);
! six C-130E transport aircraft and their refurbishment ($76 million);
! five refurbished SH-2I Super Seasprite maritime helicopters granted under EDA ($67 million);
! one ex-Oliver Hazard Perry class missile frigate via EDA ($65 million);
! 20 AH-1F Cobra attack helicopters via EDA ($48 million, 12 refurbished and delivered); and
! 121 refurbished TOW missile launchers ($25 million).

Supplies paid for with a mix of Pakistani national funds and FMF include:
! up to 60 Mid-Life Update kits for F-16A/B combat aircraft (valued at $891 million, with $477 million of this in FMF, Pakistan currently plans to purchase 35 such kits); and
! 115 M-109 self-propelled howitzers ($87 million, with $53 million in FMF).
Notable items paid or to be paid for entirely with Pakistani national funds include:
! 18 new F-16C/D Block 50/52 combat aircraft (valued at $1.43 billion; none delivered to date);
! F-16 armaments including 500 AMRAAM air-to-air missiles; 1,450 2,000-pound bombs; 500 JDAM Tail Kits for gravity bombs; and 1,600 Enhanced Paveway laser-guided kits, also for gravity bombs ($629 million);
! 100 Harpoon anti-ship missiles ($298 million);
! 500 Sidewinder air-to-air missiles ($95 million); and
! six Phalanx Close-In Weapons System naval guns ($80 million).

While the Pentagon notified Congress on the possible transfer to Pakistan of three P-3B aircraft as EDA grants that would be modified to carry the E-2C Hawkeye airborne early warning suite in a deal worth up to $855 million, this effort has not progressed beyond the notification stage. Other major EDA grantssince 2001 include 14 F-16A/B combat aircraft and 39 T-37 military trainer jets. Under Coalition
Support Funds (part of the Pentagon budget), Pakistan has received 26 Bell 412 utility helicopters, along with related parts and maintenance, valued at $235 million. Finally, under 1206, Frontier Corps, and Pakistan Counterinsurgency Capability Fund authorities, the United States has provided helicopter spare parts, various night vision devices, radios, body armor, helmets, first aid kits, litters, and large quantities of other individual soldier equipment.

Source

! 18 new F-16C/D Block 50/52 combat aircraft (valued at $1.43 billion; none delivered to date); Isnt that about US$ 79 million per plane ??? Are you sure all the money is going into a Block 50 plane?
I think the MMRCA competition had the supposedly more advanced Block 60 at much cheaper price..
"Expensive" Rafale is supposed to be about US$ 60-70 million correct me if I am wrong !!

! 18 new F-16C/D Block 50/52 combat aircraft (valued at $1.43 billion; none delivered to date); Isnt that about US$ 79 million per plane ??? Are you sure all the money is going into a Block 50 plane?
I think the MMRCA competition had the supposedly more advanced Block 60 at much cheaper price..
"Expensive" Rafale is supposed to be about US$ 60-70 million correct me if I am wrong !!

The cost of Blk 52s is more as they are the first ones in Pakistan. It probably includes the training and set up of the planes in Pakistan.However, it Would not include the weapons, pods, CFTs and the Helmet visions.

Thats true and Air Vice Marshall Ret. Shahid Latif just said this a few days back that they hardly got convinced even on such a high price for Block 52+.

I d not know where did the Kaman Seasprite come from in the list of weapons sold transferred to Pakistan. The latest US congress report does not list this a/c as sold or transferred to Pakistan.

the amount stated includes training and setup of equipment, not only the aircraft

Goodrich was given $72 million contract for Goodrich DB110 pod (dual band - both visual/IR), i think i red somewhere tat PAF has ordered 3 of them..which makes 24 million US $ each...RSAF has ordered 10 of them. One of the reason of increased price of F16 deal is this latest equipment.

ITT to supply Electronic Countermeasure pods to Pakistan's F16 jets

Thursday, July 7, 2011

AN-ALQ-211v9PodCLOSEDCover2.jpg

The US Air Force has awarded ITT Systems a USD49 million fixed-price contract to supply Pakistan with electronic countermeasure pods to equip its fleet of Lockheed Martin F-16 fighter aircraft, it was announced on 5 July.

The Foreign Military Sale (FMS) consists of 18 ITT AN/ALQ-211(V)9 Advanced Integrated Defensive Electronic Warfare Suite (AIDEWS) pods as well as associated equipment and data.

The AN/ALQ-211 pod is a modular system incorporating passive and active radio frequency (RF) subsystems designed to provide 'precision' radar warning, threat geolocation, situational awareness and electronic warfare suite control capabilities. The AN/ALQ-211(V) 9 variant provides digital radar warning and 'high-power' jamming.

The purchase of the electronic countermeasure pods is likely to ensure that older versions of the F-16 in service with the Pakistan Air Force are compatible with the 18 new F-16 Block 52 aircraft that were delivered from June 2010 until March 2011.

Read more: ITT to supply Electronic Countermeasure pods to Pakistan's F16 jets ~ Terminal X ITT to supply Electronic Countermeasure pods to Pakistan's F16 jets ~ Terminal X

155841_68957948_5917881452_781a4acaee_b.jpg
F-16_bk52_jdam_engg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom