What's new

PAF employs air-to-air refuelling skill

great news good job but we need more refulers and fighter for long rang and more time in the air good job keep it up PAF

I have heard that IL78 can refuel 4 jets at the same time. Can someone confirm this?

Hi, it can refuel 3 airplanes, as it has underwing pod on each wing and a single pod near the rear tail of the aircraft. Thanks!

i have one question for all of you how many fighter jets do IL 78 can refuel i heared that it can only refuel 4 fighter jets and than IL 78 have to land again and refuel itself again and than take off and than refuler other 4 fighter jet can any one let me know true number at one flight IL 78 how many fighter jets it can refuel

3 aircrafts simultaneously @ 514 gallons (U.S.) per minute per aircraft

i have one question for all of you how many fighter jets do IL 78 can refuel i heared that it can only refuel 4 fighter jets and than IL 78 have to land again and refuel itself again and than take off and than refuler other 4 fighter jet can any one let me know true number at one flight IL 78 how many fighter jets it can refuel

three aircraft can refuel in flight, simultaneously, from the UPAZ-1A (Il-78) / UPAZ-1M (Il-78M) refuelling pods fitted to the outer wings and rear fuselage. In addition four aircraft can also be refuelled on the ground using conventional refuelling hoses extending from the freight hold

Any mid-air refueling plans for the F-16s in the PAF fleet? The ILs won't work.

I can definately see Pakistan building its own (with or even without outside help) fuel transferring system in the medium to long run; a kit that would make it compatible with F-16s.

the israelis did it

but it is MUCH easier said than done; that would be our only option at this point, unless we were to open a tender for another platform --which would be very expensive. I do know that Americans will be phasing out the KC-135 tankers within the next few years.

http://www.af.mil/information/factsheets/factsheet.asp?fsID=110

I can definately see Pakistan building its own (with or even without outside help) fuel transferring system in the medium to long run; a kit that would make it compatible with F-16s.

the israelis did it

but it is MUCH easier said than done; that would be our only option at this point, unless we were to open a tender for another platform --which would be very expensive. I do know that Americans will be phasing out the KC-135 tankers within the next few years.

Factsheets : KC-135 Stratotanker

I thought you guys already had some 707s. why not just buy the kC-135 kit? just a thought.

I thought you guys already had some 707s. why not just buy the kC-135 kit? just a thought.

'Howdy' sir!

We will patch you to PAF Air Marshal, you can offer proposal, price, and a cogent argument for your dear US Congress!! :tup:

No Pakistani aviation wing -- civilian or military -- is using 707. They were retired over a decade ago as cargo crafts.

On a side note, I wonder what Iranians are planning with their 747 and old 707 tankers -- the latter of which is having both drogue and boom applications

a45b59449071aed59c432b5868cbd17d._.jpg

84b390ad9e786123a584f6e4a6b50bc8._.jpg

3a5e42f9a0efc57a28dc8c363878c7e8._.jpg

Last edited:
Abu Zulfiqar

As far as my knowledge is concerned PAF are still using boeing 707's as a heavy lift transport ,they are transfferd from PIA and PAF have 3 of them

Abu Zulfiqar

As far as my knowledge is concerned PAF are still using boeing 707's as a heavy lift transport ,they are transfferd from PIA and PAF have 3 of them

could be, on this subject i am not 100% sure

in mid 1980s the PIA transferred 2-3 of them which were converted. By now, these aircrafts are quite old; but maybe they still have some service life left in them

Perhaps you guys can cut a deal with Iran. However, Iran will probably want them for their use!!:D

Abu, I can write my congressman, but I have a strong feeling, I'll get a form letter response!!:angel:

Perhaps you guys can cut a deal with Iran. However, Iran will probably want them for their use!!:D

it's not gonna happen. Our military relations with Iran plummeted to the ground following 1979 revolution.

And yes -- Iran wont part with their aircrafts; they are under heavy sanctions at this time and need everything they have at hand.

I'm amazed they still can keep those 707s and other U.S. origin crafts in fly-worthy condition and can reproduce the spares.

Abu, I can write my congressman, but I have a strong feeling, I'll get a form letter response!!:angel:

John -- Write the letter, enclose a copy here as well.

common, help your Pakistani friends out. We'll send you a crate of fine Mangos, fresh (halal) lamb meat and a gold plated 12 gauge.

I know you Texans love your meat and guns. Help us out we'll help you out, you dig? :cheers::D

Back
Top Bottom