What's new

PAF Air Refueling Capability

well the refueling tankers, 2 have arrived in Pakistan, even the 2009 PAF calender has a pic of 2 tankers in PAF grey color scheme, as for Air Chief saying last qtr of 2009, would mean that it will become operational in that time period.

In my opinion PAF is trying to introduce the Saab 2000 AWE&C, JF-17 & the refueling aircraft at the same time or around. As it will be a great achievement of introducing 3 systems in the PAF.

the calendar image is photo shopped my friend.... anyhow as usual we are optimistic...and are waiting for the offical word on the arrival of the tankers....

fatman sir,

yes i remember our last Chief saying last quarter of 2009....but i wonder why do people keep reporting "SIGHTINGS"......

good question - one could be that the birds havnt been officially handed over but are being flown to train the crews!

well i know of their arrival, as the person who told me has seen them himself.

PERFECT example of a newbie.... WELCOME my friend....

as for us not reaching DELHI...well...we really don't want to go there we just want to maintain CAPs with the refueller

and as for your NAVY....my friend your navy is bigger stronger more powerful but can surely be given a bloody nose.... and besides all we need to do is get within range of an excorsist missile and WOLAA...

you are almost there zob.... but you heard of P-8I or ka-28 ??

Munir in all due respect brother ! wat are u talking about offcourse it is a major part of air defence and of our AF comon now! it is known to be our backbone perhaps things are changing forusre and iam glad to see but still it is a Major part don't think other wise :disagree:

Its true, F-16 being a bonus was said by a PAF official in an interview, I forget where. If F-16 is such a major part of PAF's air defence, why did they order over twice as many guided bombs and bunker-busters as AMRAAMs?

Awesome pics x_man.
The landing shot of Mirage...Low over farms and houses is Excellent.
The Mirage at sunset is my wallpaper now.
Thanks for sharing these with us.
Again...Awesome pics.

most importantly do the respected members think that the FC20 and the JF wont be enough and we must take the risk of going for US systems yet again?

for me it is a big NO to US equipment!

regards!

Hi,

The JF and Fc20 would never be enough---the JF will start to mature in 5 years time---the Fc 20 would be around 2018---2020---and that is if and when the existing engine problems are solved---.

A nation and its people are betting too much on wannabes---on totally un-proven systems---both these planes will not be enough to do the job---they fall way short----.

Pakistan will have to find some other system to be at 80--90 % par with the indians.

Hi,

The JF and Fc20 would never be enough---the JF will start to mature in 5 years time---the Fc 20 would be around 2018---2020---and that is if and when the existing engine problems are solved---.

A nation and its people are betting too much on wannabes---on totally un-proven systems---both these planes will not be enough to do the job---they fall way short----.

Pakistan will have to find some other system to be at 80--90 % par with the indians.

most of the front line jets are twin engined.. we cant shrug off the fact that they have the effective penetration and air superiority benefits, which any airforce requires.it should be put under our priority.

after buying them , there maintance expenditure can be reduced by using jf17s for more caps, like isreal uses f16 for caps and uses less f15s to bring down maintance cost, yet keeping a strong deterance.

I wonder why the JF-17s are not yet equipped with the refueling probes? I guess JF-17s should have those probes installed by default.

I believe the first batch was to have it retrofitted. The second batch beyond the first 50 will have it integrated upon delivery to the PAF.

SIR IF I AM NOT WRONG THEN THESE "ROSE 1" MIRAGES CAN CARRY OUT BVRM

Yes they can. Thus it makes great sense to increase the range of these aircraft.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

its not only Mirages but look at this PAF f16 also getting that

That is an AIM-9L, not an IFR probe ;)

Yes they can. Thus it makes great sense to increase the range of these aircraft.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

That is an AIM-9L, not an IFR probe ;)

Lol yea thats wat i saw as well! :cheesy:

Back
Top Bottom