What's new

PAF Air Refueling Capability

The next block will have it. It is something only PAF wanted... So we have to integrate it. There was an application with some IFR firm a year ago so I guess it is settled now.

I think even this block will have it i.e the planes that will be produced now while the SBP might also be fitted with them at a later stage.

great pics sir x-man thankfull to you and waiting for more.

Here the detail... Lovely plane.

cabe7e960eabfe4349cfdf2b5d2b463c.jpg

Munir

This probe is not retractable - does that mean the JF17 will also not have a retractable probe?

As far as I have hear it would be retractable and like Gripen. But then again, not the usual mehod looking at J10, Rafale or this South African assistance...

A couple of Mirages have been modified by PAF to carry out air-air refueling tests. The ground and dry air tests been successful, hopefully when IL-76 ( refuelers) arrive soon, a full fledge capability for the whole fleet will be provided….Few snaps from one of the Mirages…Post some more pics later….

U sure the tanker would be IL76 bcoz as far as i know its Russian made. or did Russia start defence deal with Pakistan?:what:

The question still remains for our f-16's wat are we going to have there has to be something in mind of the high command .

IAF is not interested in IL78 anymore they r going for Airbus i think.

The question still remains for our f-16's wat are we going to have there has to be something in mind of the high command .

I do not think that F16 has a major part in our air defence. In the famous words I read... It is a bonus but we do not see it as something secure... That is repeated in IFR comment... Hopefully the US releases a IFR-tanker... So... Either a bonus or we do not want to go after it anyway. FC20 will be the real F16 block 52 for Pakistan.

Here a nice story about the first moon landing... I had to smile...

When Apollo astronaut Neil Armstrong first walked on the moon, he not only gave his famous "one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind" statement but followed it by several remarks, usually com traffic between him, the other astronauts and Mission Control. Just before he re-entered the lander, however, he made the enigmatic remark: "Good luck Mr. Gorsky."
Many people at NASA thought it was a casual remark concerning some rival Soviet Cosmonaut. However, upon checking, there was no Gorsky in either the Russian or American space programs. Over the years many people questioned Armstrong as to what the "Good luck Mr. Gorsky" statement meant, but Armstrong always just smiled.
But, (on July 5, 1995 in Tampa Bay FL) while answering questions following a speech, a reporter brought up the 26 year old question to Armstrong. This time he finally responded. Mr. Gorsky had finally died and so Neil Armstrong felt he could answer the question.
When he was a kid, he was playing baseball with a friend in the backyard. His friend hit a fly ball which landed in the front of his neighbor's bedroom windows. His neighbors were Mr. & Mrs. Gorsky. As he leaned down to pick up the ball, young Armstrong heard Mrs. Gorsky shouting at Mr. Gorsky, "Oral sex! You want oral sex?! You'll get oral sex when the kid next door walks on the moon!"
Apparently a true story.

Another from our Neil...

When asked how it was when he walked as the first person on the moon Neil Armstrong aswered... Pilots don't like to walk... Pilots like to fly...

I do not think that F16 has a major part in our air defence. In the famous words I read... It is a bonus but we do not see it as something secure... That is repeated in IFR comment... Hopefully the US releases a IFR-tanker... So... Either a bonus or we do not want to go after it anyway. FC20 will be the real F16 block 52 for Pakistan.

Munir in all due respect brother ! wat are u talking about offcourse it is a major part of air defence and of our AF comon now! it is known to be our backbone perhaps things are changing forusre and iam glad to see but still it is a Major part don't think other wise :disagree:

With F35 coming on, a huge number of F16 will come on the market and there will be considerable pressure on the US to reconsider some of it policies and procedures.

Alternately, it can be argued that a great number of European operators of F16 may not opt for as many F35 than they may have earlier aniticiapted, given the global financial crisis.

Either way, Pakistan will need a solution and while KC135 may be solutions, they are not the only solution around.

You just do not want to have F16 that depend on spare parts from an goodweather friend... If it is for free then just fine but do not see as majore plicy withing PAF. And what do you want... Those enormous numbers of block30 F16's? Only US had them. No one wants them now... And they are officially the next generation F4 Phantoms... Targets for air practice...

Get a real fact... After decades of fighting for big brother USA you got a few old outdated Cobra's. What do you want to hear?

Even Egypt get more F-16 than Pakistan and US has offered to build a factory in india!
We all know in cold war india was enemy state of US.
What should we think of such friend?
This clearly tells us that US (also west) is controlled by a mysterious group of people.

Back
Top Bottom