What's new

PAF Air Refueling Capability

Some of our guys seem not to get enough of setting themselves up for the disappointment of sanction prone options -- Simply get Western stuff out of your minds -- even if the army kills each and every Islamist, the US and the West will not be OK with Pakistan, nothing short of complete capitulation (to be delivered by the Pakistan army) will suffice for the US and the West to be OK with Pakistan -- If that is a price you are willing to pay, sure, keep all these F this and F that, and varieties of aircraft that in effect make the Pakistan armed forces in reality the armed forces of other than Pakistanis.

Yes, I agree that this sounds harsh -- but it's also true, you know it in the core of your being, you know it's true.

Then there are those who will argue that Sanctions can be imposed by other suppliers, not just the West -- Fair enough, though this is a theoretical proposition - we already know that the US and the West are not just open to but waiting to imposing sanctions, so why should we be moved by theoretical propositions of the "if my auntie had balls she would be my uncle" quality.

The protection of Pakistan, Pakistanis and their property does not require US or Western equipment, not until we are free of their influence can we begin to be a free nation -- Some argue that Western equipment is needed to combat or deter India -- Again, yes any equipment that may deter is welcome, but if we were to work on that relationship, we may not need to designate India a friend, though, we may not designate it an enemy either and this would free us from dependence on the West.

Sorry for sounding preachy, I know your positions are offered in the best interest - but please do consider that this Western hostility has not finished playing itself out, it is a thirty year program and simply will not end, unless it is confronted - nature of the beast.

Some of our guys seem not to get enough of setting themselves up for the disappointment of sanction prone options -- Simply get Western stuff out of your minds -- even if the army kills each and every Islamist, the US and the West will not be OK with Pakistan, nothing short of complete capitulation (to be delivered by the Pakistan army) will suffice for the US and the West to be OK with Pakistan -- If that is a price you are willing to pay, sure, keep all these F this and F that, and varieties of aircraft that in effect make the Pakistan armed forces in reality the armed forces of other than Pakistanis.

Yes, I agree that this sounds harsh -- but it's also true, you know it in the core of your being, you know it's true.

Then there are those who will argue that Sanctions can be imposed by other suppliers, not just the West -- Fair enough, though this is a theoretical proposition - we already know that the US and the West are not just open to but waiting to imposing sanctions, so why should we be moved by theoretical propositions of the "if my auntie had balls she would be my uncle" quality.

The protection of Pakistan, Pakistanis and their property does not require US or Western equipment, not until we are free of their influence can we begin to be a free nation -- Some argue that Western equipment is needed to combat or deter India -- Again, yes any equipment that may deter is welcome, but if we were to work on that relationship, we may not need to designate India a friend, though, we may not designate it an enemy either and this would free us from dependence on the West.

Sorry for sounding preachy, I know your positions are offered in the best interest - but please do consider that this Western hostility has not finished playing itself out, it is a thirty year program and simply will not end, unless it is confronted - nature of the beast.

i believe your every word . . . . .
you post is like giving words to my feelings . . . thanks man

Then there are those who will argue that Sanctions can be imposed by other suppliers, not just the West -- Fair enough, though this is a theoretical proposition

its not - sanctions come in many ways, not just the american way! France 'delayed' the supply of upgraded mirages due to the kargil incident. Sweden refuses to supply combat a/c because we are 'not at peace' with our neighbours. Russia refuses to supply combat a/c because it 'sucks up' to the indians.

The protection of Pakistan, Pakistanis and their property does not require US or Western equipment, not until we are free of their influence can we begin to be a free nation agreed 100%

The protection of Pakistan, Pakistanis and their property does not require US or Western equipment, not until we are free of their influence can we begin to be a free nation agreed 100%
very well said my friend

Sorry guys if they are already posted.

7-May-2011
Leandro Rocha
R09-001 The first Pakistan Air force IL-78 Midas at Lajes on its first trip to the United states!!! Ex. Ukraine Busol Air Lines.

1306886040.jpg

IST Istanbul [Ataturk/Yesilkoy International Airport], Turkey
21-April-2011
1306623374.jpg

where are the rest two aircrafts with serial numbers containing 03 and 04 , have we received them?Lot of things have been muddled like the status of remaining 2 of the saab-2000 AEW&C aircrafts

where are the rest two aircrafts with serial numbers containing 03 and 04 , have we received them?Lot of things have been muddled like the status of remaining 2 of the saab-2000 AEW&C aircrafts

to be delivered in 2011 - these are not toys. they have to be tested, crews trained before induction.

to be delivered in 2011 - these are not toys. they have to be tested, crews trained before induction.

We have already trained the crews when we received the first one, and now we are flying them for good 2 years , that crew can provide necessary training to other crew members if necessary whats ths got to do with late deliveries on the part of ukarine

Maybe an amateur question but why aren't the Thunders flown to Pakistan instead of being shipped?

+ I want aware the IL-78 could be used for transport aswell, but in this configuration can it still be used as a ariel refueller? Again, apologises if this is an amateur question.

Back
Top Bottom