Boeing

707-300

Current;0
Stored;3

- In service from 1986

AFI

1900251.jpg

PAF IL-78 in Pisa, Italy.

The question still arises about vipers.... what will PAF do to fill this issue about refueling the vipers in the air as now the vipers mashallah have increased in numbers .

The question still arises about vipers.... what will PAF do to fill this issue about refueling the vipers in the air as now the vipers mashallah have increased in numbers .

KC-135 EDA or Airbus MRTT.

Yes thankyou fatman i know that as well... but the question is will PAF go for one of these platforms i know its a million dollar question i sure hope they do though..

If it will be the support plane for PAF JF17 (one flying and one static), Sherdils (lots of K8) and F16 (flying) in turkey then I know who will be the star of the show! This plane. There are only a few weeks left and there will be a support plane. For us even the PAF C130 is a treat.

I wanted to add something about allies. Most Pakistani forums tend to see as static. Let us name a few points.

India in 65/71: All Russian Mig21, Mig23, Mig26, Su22 and some European (Gnat (UK), Marut (Germany)) and latter bought the Mirage2000 (France)

Now India is treated with Europe (MRCA), US (C17, C130,Poseidon, Apache, KC, basic trainer) It was offered F16I, F18 E/F etc

PAF had hundreds of Sabres, latest F104 and even Zia got the best at the time F16A/B. It got big number of Mirage 3/5. Then it moved towards J6, J7, A5. Now PAF got a few F16C/D and MLU but moves hugely to Chinese planes (with Russian engines) like JF17, K8 (Honeywell), FC20 and as you see IL78!

So we should try to understand that partnerships are not constant.

1919689.jpg

The first Pakistan Air force IL-78 Midas at Lajes on its first trip to the United states!!!

Nice to see these a/c on international missions...is there any formal induction ceremony of these tankers in No.10 Sqn held yet?

THE BEAST
1921730.jpg

May 8, 2011: Pakistan Air Force Ilyushin Il-78MP at Lajes / Azores (AB4) (TER / LPLA) Portugal

Back
Top Bottom