What's new

PAF air marshal test flew the euro fighter

Do you really think so ? Then why did they bury our F-16s at AMARC Tucson,Arizona for years or sent to serve with the USAF at Edwards AFB and to USN for aggressor training for which we had paid them years ago. Unlike India, we live will under the fears of sanctions, embargoes, political pressures and western influences and will always need a nod from Uncle Sam if we want to buy any western hardware, even if we have the money. Since we have gone nuclear, they are keeping a very keen eye on us and do mind that from where and what we shop around.

You answered your own question. We were developing nuclear weapons, which is why we got sanctioned. So did India, but India did not have any pending deal with the US at that time, unfortunately we did. So they kept our money and didn't deliever the planes.

Now the situation is completely different. Pakistan's nuclear status has been accepted for a while now and the US knows it is it's interest to keep the Pakistan military strong and in control.

Before Nuclear issue, I also mention something else: Unlike India, we live will under the fears of sanctions, embargoes, political pressures and western influences and will always need a nod from Uncle Sam if we want to buy any western hardware, even if we have the money.

We are lucky that somehow America needed us for last 40 years for one reason or another and will keep on feeding us till we are in her interest. Well, fair enough: you scratch my back, I will scratch yours. But it doesn’t mean that we have become best buddies and they will put a stop on any hardware whenever they desire and we can’t do an iota about that. What if next US president puts his foot down on the F-16s? Can we do anything about that? I don’t think so.

What if next US president puts his foot down on the F-16s? Can we do anything about that? I don’t think so.
If Pakistani President decides to end his co-operation simply the war on terror would cost US double financially and humanly.
If no one brief US president about the ground reality then he might stop Pakistani F-16.

US does not have the slightest of idea what they have lost when they first stopped F-16.
US became the most isolated and most hated country in the whole middleeast.
World stands divided in east and west, some parts of the middleeast became no go area for American citizens.
Pakistan started local production of fighter jets.

I wonder how next brake on F-16 deliveries will end for US.

US does not have the slightest of idea what they have lost when they first stopped F-16.
US became the most isolated and most hated country in the whole middleeast.
World stands divided in east and west, some parts of the middleeast became no go area for American citizens.
Pakistan started local production of fighter jets.

I wonder how next brake on F-16 deliveries will end for US.

Definitely US policy makers are goofs and ignorant that they didnt realise what they lost by not giving us F-16s and definitely they have no idea whats goin around them... :undecided:

And do you really think that all this happened to US because they stopped our F-16s ??? :tsk:

I think many of you guys are putting way too much emphasis on the threat of US sanctions or the withdrawal of their support with the supply of F-16s
I don't know how many of you realise that 70-80% of all ISAF supplies going into Afghanistan are currently via Pakistan and this shall continue as long as ISAF is there ( for at least another 5 years me thinks). It would be suicidal for the US to hold PK F-16s and related hardware, what would they do, go through Iran?

Yes ofcourse it will be a nightmare for any airforce to go from one tecnology to another specially Russian to US. Eventually they will go for Su-35, In my opinion it is one of the best fighters on this side of Suez cannel.

Sir,
Unfortunately what MRCA comes to IAF is now a political decision rather than issues of logistics,or training etc. It has grown for a simple fighter contest to something defining geo-political relations.

By the look of things most probably it would be F-18's. Russians have got cash for PAK-FA,hence no Mig-35, EF too long waiting list,no F-16 because PAF has it, the Swedes dont stand a chance in the blood letting politics.
That leaves the French. They had the best chance,but for some strange reason the French have gone bonkers. They look hardly interested and keep suggesting weird ideas like asking IAF to buy 40 Rafale until the MRCA deal is finalised!

Hence that leaves only the Super Bug!

French have gone bonkers. They look hardly interested and keep suggesting weird ideas like asking IAF to buy 40 Rafale until the MRCA deal is finalised!

Hence that leaves only the Super Bug!

You can't milk French as much you can milk Americans simply becuse of their greater geopolitical interests and much thanks to your greater support of Jewish lobby in and out of America.
Jews will get you any thing from any corner of world.

French has been helping local Indian defence industry for many years now when they feel they are loosing against F-16/F-18 than naturally, it will be very disappointing for them.

Jews will get you any thing from any corner of world.
Well if that is the case, I think it is profitable for any nation to befriend them. Why fight when you fulfill your wishes from the magic lamp!

French has been helping local Indian defence industry for many years now when they feel they are loosing against F-16/F-18 than naturally, it will be very disappointing for them
MRCA was meant to be 125 Mirage 2000. IAF wanted a french aircraft.
No one is buying Rafale. It was a golden oppurtunity for the French to sell them to IAF. IAF & GOI considers them to more trust worthy than the Americans.

But for some weird reason,despite being desperate to sell the Rafale, they are not making the right noise. You dont complain about loosing a market to someone, if you dont even give a try.

Gotta concur with con here. The French have been consistently screwing up with their orders recently. They lost the Saudi deal because of their attempts to throw in all kinds of other nonsense with the aircraft deal. They lost a few of the north African countries as well to the Russians and Americans with similar actions. They even screwed up any potential deals with the Turks after the whole thing with their parliament passing a pointless motion there which offended the Turkish government.

well my first post, i would like pak to have both indiginious and imp[orted ,
]
indiginization shud be priority in case of sanctions foreign equipment maintainance creates prob;lem ,that is why i belive pak shud go j f 17 and j 10' s

well my first post, i would like pak to have both indiginious and imp[orted ,
]
indiginization shud be priority in case of sanctions foreign equipment maintainance creates prob;lem ,that is why i belive pak shud go j f 17 and j 10' s

Sorry friend the first post should be an introduction about your self .
second your post is quite Fizzy but I get your point PAF shud has now changed to IS.

Back
Top Bottom