What's new

PA TANKS comparison with contempory tanks

Hunter Killer system is a capability that allows an mbt to look around 360 degree battlefield and track and engage enemy on earliest basis. This technology has been the focal point in modern western MBT philosophy and today all modern western, some easternbts have this capability. Soviet/ Russian and even early Ukrainian mbts lacked this function. T-72, T-80 and even T-90S does not have this but Chinese T-98/99 series DO have it. Hunter Killer consists of independent commander and gunner thermal imagers, laser range finders, and an auto tracking facility. This capability is further aided with an advanced Battle Management System, allowing the tank crew a more comprehensive battlefield awareness.

Regarding engaging Merks, M1A2s, i do not see any reason why AK cannot engage them with efficient HK and day night capabiliity with a powerful gun and ammunition, not to mention the missile firing ability with tandem warheads. This is why it is so important to see first-engage first and where panoramic sight and HK comes in to equation.

Chinese have been impressed by our thermal imager integration, efficient 6td2 engine and auto transmission, and BMS integration so early and they have opted for the same in their new 99A, 99B series, MBT 3000 series.

MBTs with Hunter Killer function:

AK, AK-1 series (PAK)
Oplot, T-84U series (Ukraine)
M1A2 series (US)
Challenger2 series (UK)
Merkava 3, 4 series (Israel)
Leopard 2A,4,5,6 series (Germany)
Type-90, Type-10 series (Japan)
K1A1, K2 BP series (SK)
T-90M (portable BMS device) (Russia)
T-90MS (Russia)
Leclerc (France)

Tanks without Hunter Killer

T-64, 72, T-80 and 90S series (Russia, Ukraine)

T-84 basic (Ukraine)

Hunter Killer .. the name itself reveals the meaning.. In this, the commander acquires the target (hunts) and pass it to the gunner(kills). basic principle of any modern tank. You can call your's 'True', 'Real' or anything you like but the fundamentals are same, only difference is you have installed more equipment to ease the job like gunner's independent TI, auto tracking etc.

Tidbit : In T-90, there is an option for commander to fire himself.. What do you need more ?

Hunter Killer .. the name itself reveals the meaning.. In this, the commander acquires the target (hunts) and pass it to the gunner(kills). basic principle of any modern tank. You can call your's 'True', 'Real' or anything you like but the fundamentals are same, only difference is you have installed more equipment to ease the job like gunner's independent TI, auto tracking etc.

Tidbit : In T-90, there is an option for commander to fire himself.. What do you need more ?

What you posted is far from a tit bit and is a wellknown thing for many years, even t-72 has a Commander "overlay" function. This is by no means a new technology and has been around since the venerable T-64 mbt. And nowhere in my post did i degrade any mbt, just pointed out the absence of HK capability in Russian/ early Ukrainian mbts such as t-80U-ud, T-90S, A, and T-84 etc. What is an integral part of HK system is an all-round panoramic day/night sight for constant surveylance that aids the HK system.

Note: One correction, the T-90M does not have a HK anc panoramic surveylance ability but MS covers it with ease.

What you posted is far from a tit bit and is a wellknown thing for many years, even t-72 has a Commander "overlay" function. This is by no means a new technology and has been around since the venerable T-64 mbt. And nowhere in my post did i degrade any mbt, just pointed out the absence of HK capability in Russian/ early Ukrainian mbts such as t-80U-ud, T-90S, A, and T-84 etc. What is an integral part of HK system is an all-round panoramic day/night sight for constant surveylance that aids the HK system.

Note: One correction, the T-90M does not have a HK anc panoramic surveylance ability but MS covers it with ease.

Yo have no idea what you are talking about.. for others, here is a link ..read all the comments by Vasiliy Fofanov a Russian tanker

TRISHUL: What's Wrong With The T-90S MBT's Fire-Control System?

Yo have no idea what you are talking about.. for others, here is a link ..read all the comments by Vasiliy Fofanov a Russian tanker

TRISHUL: What's Wrong With The T-90S MBT's Fire-Control System?

Oh goodness, first read the TITLE of the posted link by Sengupta which states, "Whats WRONG with T-90 fire control system". Did you even bother to read? for your info, i have already read and posted this link on a previous AK forum, only if you could bother to read... In the same thread, Sengupta has praised AK for its HK and other systems and compared with Arjun, not T-90.

Regards

well from an indian member i heard that There T-90 dnt have any LTS as of now..nor the latest ERA.

and he said apart from trishol you wont find any other source to prove the latest ERA claim

well from an indian member i heard that There T-90 dnt have any LTS as of now..nor the latest ERA.

and he said apart from trishol you wont find any other source to prove the latest ERA claim

Its possible, i saw Indian army documentary Indian T-90s don't even have air condition.

yes no air condition as well

i forgot the APS as well

these things are just in the list bt nt present on t90 bhisma

Guys.......Does Al-Khalid incorporate APU's to reduce idle heat signature and save fuel? And we have been hearing of Al-Khalid 2 since 2008-9, when will it actually be revealed? IDEAS 2012?

Guys.......Does Al-Khalid incorporate APU's to reduce idle heat signature and save fuel? And we have been hearing of Al-Khalid 2 since 2008-9, when will it actually be revealed? IDEAS 2012?

Yet even the Al khalid I is nt official revealed to public.it was supposed to be revealed in 2008.

Though during a visit of a General to HIT.there we saw a tank Al khalid I written over it and the most notable feature was the side skirts..

Hope for the best
and i think if Prototypes(AKII.even Dawn reported that prototype AKII and AKIII) are really in HIT than it might be revealed as it is nt a top secret project

at least 2 batches of AK-1 already with Pak Army service, AK-2, 2 prototypes are known to be in existence and quite different than Chinese Type 99 or MBT 3000.

If so, why aren't they on display at various Military shows? Any idea if IDEAS 2012 would host them?

I guess in the turret layout
we should Corporate with turkey
the turret on atlay if placed on AK2 would look amazing as well as more well protected

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom