What's new

PA Cobra hunting Uzbek TTP

Then what role they have, if not killing these talibunies? If the cobra had fired some missiles, they would have been dead.

Mi-28 will do the job as well. But not any better than the cobra. Mi-28 is more of an anti-tank chopper, so it will not be wise to waste Mi-28 flight hours on taliban.

Hahah run slimy little insects! all the way back to Uzbekistan!

Dont we have thermal vision in our cobras? That would have been very handy in catching these mice...

You are right but in this situation a FLIR system alone would have sufficed since the pilot was unable to see the talibs hiding under tree shade etc.

Hahah run slimy little insects! all the way back to Uzbekistan!

Dont we have thermal vision in our cobras? That would have been very handy in catching these mice...

No FLIR wouldn't have picked them up. It seems Tree shade hides the FLIR signature. See another similar footage from afghanistan. Taliban ambushing american convoy, hiding under tree shades, Apache hovering over but can't seem to detect them.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Gotta admit those Uzbeks were ballsy.

The sheer terror of having gunships closing in on you must be intense.

Only if there was an Apache, T-129 or a Zulu Cobra was here instead of our vintage Cobras. These pigs would've been detected, tracked and turned into mince.
Possibly. NATO/ISAF has made extensive use of their top-of-the-line attack helicopters including Apaches but with mixed results only. Perhaps it is the human intel on ground that matters most in this type of warfare.

@atatwolf

Can you understand what this Uzbek scum bag is saying?
What the narrator said at 1:16 is quite hard to understand, i only picked up a few words here and there (translation is in the first post btw). Sounds like heavy influence from Persian language.

i wish Pakistani forces a safe and successful hunting against these primitive and backward scum.

Are we just going to overlook the fact that this was some amazing HD footage.

Where did these bitches get these cameras from.

Gotta admit those Uzbeks were ballsy.

The sheer terror of having gunships closing in on you must be intense.

I dont know, they seemed scared sh!tless to me running and panicking like crazy.

No FLIR wouldn't have picked them up. It seems Tree shade hides the FLIR signature. See another similar footage from afghanistan. Taliban ambushing american convoy, hiding under tree shades, Apache hovering over but can't seem to detect them.

But that's an extremely thick covering compared to what our Cobra pilot was facing.

I dont know, they seemed scared sh!tless to me running and panicking like crazy.
You have to give them respect for trying to fight against these gunships.

It's like man vs machine, or perhaps man vs man in a machine. :lol:

Forced air entry for an assault team of 7 SSGs. Imagine a flying IFV!

You are confusing an Mi-24 with an Mi-28. Mi-24(Mi-35 is export version) is a gunship/transport helicopter that can perform the maneouvre you jsut mentioned, and Pakistan is probably getting those in the near future.

Mi-28 is solely a gunship helicopter with no ability to transport troops. Just like cobra/apache

You are confusing an Mi-24 with an Mi-28. Mi-24(Mi-35 is export version) is a gunship/transport helicopter that can perform the maneouvre you jsut mentioned, and Pakistan is probably getting those in the near future.

Mi-28 is solely a gunship helicopter with no ability to transport troops. Just like cobra/apache

I was talking about Mi-35 not Mi-28. We are not getting them anyway.

You can still install an FLIR on these "vintage" cobras and they will do the job just fine.
defiantley need an advance flir/targeting sensor. still not a guarantee they'll see them though.

need a 360 degree FLIR sensor that picks out all humans to a certain distance and with a click on the MFD slavs the main gun sensor/turret to that hot spot.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom