What's new

Overseas Pakistanis remit $5.4 billion in first three months

Shahzaz ud din

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

250780_3892264_updates.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Overseas Pakistani workers remitted $5478.11 million during the first three months (July-September) of Financial Year 2019-20 compared to US$5557.61 million received during the same period of last year.

During the month of September 2019, the inflow of workers' remittances amounted to $1747.95 million, which is 3.4% higher than August 2019 and 17.6% higher than September 2018, according to the latest data of State Bank of Pakistan (PBS) released Thursday.

Country-wise details for the month of September 2019 show that inflows from Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, United State of America, United Kingdom , GCC countries (including Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar and Oman) and European Union countries amounted to $420.88 million, US$363.34 million, US$281.91 million, US$264.89 million, US$162.77 million and US$53.20 million respectively compared to the inflow of US$360.16 million, US$308.13 million, US$240.49 million, US$216.75 million, US$134.49 million and US$41.14 million respectively in September 2018.

Remittances received from Malaysia, Norway, Switzerland, Australia, Canada, Japan and other countries during September 2019 amounted to US$200.95 million together as against US$185.31 million received in September 2018, the data revealed.

250780_101610_updates.jpg

Remittances received from Malaysia, Norway, Switzerland, Australia, Canada, Japan and other countries during September 2019 amounted to US$200.95 million together as against US$185.31 million received in September 2018, the data revealed.
57x57.png
www.geo.tv

If the government keeps improving governance and works with international financial institutions, they can set up pensions funds in the above mentioned countries so that oversea Pakistanis that want to can invest i the projects the country needs for its development. Practical Things that will have a return On their investment like modern agriculture, modern textile mills, and mining operations with value added industries that go along with all these three.

this could open up the country to potentially billions more per year, and allow Pakistan to avoid or decrease its dependence on high interest borrowing.

The money is just to help people their own families at home 99% of time

• For Pakistan's ultimate solution it has to be using Taxes

For people interested in investing
Pakistan-Banao-Certificates.jpg

infographic-1024x640.jpg

Last edited:
Not to be a schmuck, but how much of a role do remittances play in encouraging pricey imports? We're talking more valuable foreign currency, it must have an impact on incentives and behaviour.

bas dollars bejo lekin aik mobile b nahi la saktey hum log.
gov should allow at least one mobile for the who send dollars to Pakistan.

yet our brethren kick us in the face at airports and dirty police officer set us up for bribe and jealous ganda media mug shots us to humilate us.

Why there is still prevailing sense of entitlement? The abuse you talk about is potentially meted out to everyone at the airports, though I have never been abused. What do the officers at the airport know about who is from where and what are they contributing as remittances? For all they know, someone returning from a flight from Istanbul or London might have gone on temp/visit basis.

Also, the money we send to our families--it's not out of goodness of our hearts but to support families. I have sent over $100,000 AFTER TAX to Pakistan over the years but I don't feel any sense of entitlement. It was for the family.

"Ask not what your country can do for you. As what you can do for your country!" (JFK).

Why there is still prevailing sense of entitlement? The abuse you talk about is potentially meted out to everyone at the airports, though I have never been abused. What do the officers at the airport know about who is from where and what are they contributing as remittances? For all they know, someone returning from a flight from Istanbul or London might have gone on temp/visit basis.

Also, the money we send to our families--it's not out of goodness of our hearts but to support families. I have sent over $100,000 AFTER TAX to Pakistan over the years but I don't feel any sense of entitlement. It was for the family.

"Ask not what your country can do for you. As what you can do for your country!" (JFK).

you are from pakistan sides and went to america very cosy. we went to uk as cheap uneducated labourers, were had to take so much sh it and racism if it wasnt for us fighting then the rest of immigrants get thier *** ed kicked in uk. That is the diff between us and you and we do alot of charity for azad Kashmir and even for pak but what thanks do we get except get setup get forced to pay bribes get our car pulled over by cops and have our women harassed and then we quickly pay so harassment stops. Airport security who dont even speak our language, harssing us taking things out of our bags. their is big diff between pak in usa and pak in uk. you wont udnerstand our grief. why foreigners coming to azad Kashmir opening shops ripping us off unless we are one of them why they say it our hacum to rob you. you see thier is jealousy that a uneducated ppl like us went to uk came back slighly better off and that they dont like even when we feed them.

cops/airport securty do fuckign know who is British what langauge they speak try going lahore punjab sides with azad Kashmiri number plate watch how they pull you over for british pounds.

yet our brethren kick us in the face at airports and dirty police officer set us up for bribe and jealous ganda media mug shots us to humilate us.

Nothing is coming from UK, actually most of the remittances coming from GCC are laundered to UK.

There are tons of Pakistanis who have taken immigration of UK on property purchase basis.

Clearly UK has been the largest beneficiary of money laundering and source of forex is GCC.

Last edited:
Nothing is coming from UK, actually most of the remittances coming from GCC and are laundered to UK.

There are tons of Pakistanis who have taken immigration of UK on property purchase basis.

Clearly UK has been the largest beneficiary of money laundering and source of forex is GCC.

how do fcuk you know uk paks give tons of money why they moan tell me why always get itchy about it? if it wasnt for uk paks money in azad kashmir i promise it be place of hell and poverty and they rebeling for seperate state.

mosque, toilet, wells ,roads even shops and charity organsation get money from uk. pakistanis from pakistan sides wont know but head up thier a ss but ask uk azad kashmir ppl on this forum.

how do fcuk you know uk paks give tons of money why they moan tell me why always get itchy about it? if it wasnt for uk paks money in azad kashmir i promise it be place of hell and poverty and they rebeling for seperate state.

mosque, toilet, wells ,roads even shops and charity organsation get money from uk. pakistanis from pakistan sides wont know but head up thier a ss but ask uk azad kashmir ppl on this forum.

Control your curse instincts, if you have immigrated to a civilized country.
I know because Pakistan is on top of list of money laundering, but of course you have no chance to know about it.
While a simple stats. from 2005-2010 from UK record can show, how many Pakistanis bought properties in UK without giving credible source of their funds.
What comes in Pakistan is the stats. in hands of IK who can help you manipulate it in UK favor, if you talk to some minister.

Control your curse instincts, if you have immigrated to a civilized country.
I know because Pakistan is on top of list of money laundering, but of course you have no chance to know about it.
While a simple stats. from 2005-2010 from UK record can show, how many Pakistanis bought properties in UK without giving credible source of their funds.
What comes in Pakistan is the stats. in hands of IK who can help you manipulate it in UK favor, if you talk to some minister.

you talking about something else. Talking about money laundering Pakistanis in UK send it over to pak to help thie nation while big shot Pakistani born in pak send it over to the UK for safekeeping. ex ample nawaz sharif, zardari, bhuttos and they hide in london why becuase they know azad Kashmir crowd lives in north and they will be rammed off the road.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom