What's new

Overseas Pakistanis protest in Islamabad, demand Pfizer vaccine

Hamartia Antidote

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States

Karachi: Overseas Pakistanis staged on Monday a protest at Islamabad’s F-9 mass vaccination centre, calling on the government to inoculate them with the Pfizer vaccine.

Saudi Arabia and some other countries in the Middle East are not accepting certificates of the Chinese-manufactured Sinopharm and Sinovac vaccine. In Pakistan, most of the vaccines being administered are Chinese.

In a press conference, Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed had earlier stated that Prime Minister Imran Khan was engaged in talks with the leaders of these countries regarding the issue.

Holding placards, the protesters demanded that the guidelines by the National Command and Operation Centre regarding the Pfizer vaccine be changed. They said that they were stuck in Pakistan, unemployed, demanding that they be administered the vaccine approved by Saudi Arabia.

Talking to Aaj News, Parliamentary Secretary for National Health Services Dr Nausheen Hamid said that they had an understanding with Covax, the World Health Organisation's global shared vaccine programme, that the vaccine will be administered to health compromised patients on priority.

Last month, Pakistan received 100,000 doses of Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine through Covax, the World Health Organisation's global shared vaccine programme. Federal Planning Minister Asad Umar had said that due to a limited number of doses, only those travelling abroad for Hajj or work/education will be administered the vaccine.

However, the NCOC changed its policy and said that only people with weak immune systems will be vaccinated with Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine.

The government will provide Punjab with 26,000 doses, Sindh 12,000, Khyber- Pakhtunkhwa 8,000, Balochistan 2,000, Islamabad 1,000, Azad Jammu and Kashmir 100 and Gilgit-Baltistan 1,000.

Last edited:
If you're not vaccinated with pfzier, you are considered as non vaccinated in many western countries. Western world is already gone mad against China irrationally like we have seen the way Indians hate Muslims despite whether they're at fault or not. Look whats going on @ G7 meetup. Bunch of jokers gathered just to make a strategy against China. That's beyond my understanding, how could someone evaluate the effectiveness of pfizer and the Chinese. Just a political game....

If you're not vaccinated with pfzier, you are considered as non vaccinated in many western countries. Western world is already gone mad against China irrationally like we have seen the way Indians hate Muslims despite whether they're at fault or not. Look whats going on @ G7 meetup. Bunch of jokers gathered just to make a strategy against China. That's beyond my understanding, how could someone evaluate the effectiveness of pfizer and the Chinese. Just a political game....

There is scientific ways to evaluate efficacy of the vaccine.
Pfizer - 97%
Chinese vaccines - 50%

Frankly the Chinese vaccine is better than nothing. If China wants to be credible they have to more responsible next time around

The article is about the Middle East not the West

How can they be allowed to dictate or form pressure on the government? We are constantly told that government will not submit to any group or a mob.

1623691480297.png

Since when is Saudi a western country?

It doesn't matter nor changed the facts. The Middle East is more western puppet than anyone....

?? What happened to all the "West has no more pull anymore" which dominates the PDF chats?

Saudi Arabia and some other countries in the Middle East are not accepting certificates of the Chinese-manufactured Sinopharm and Sinovac vaccine. In Pakistan, most of the vaccines being administered are Chinese.
What happened to Saudi dumping the US for China because of shale oil??
PetroYuan??

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 2.11.22 PM.jpg

Last edited:
these nasty capitalists junkies are cornering the corvid vaccine market. no drug competitor from outside the west is okay with them

And St Ives is almost in lockdown because the idiots gathered and spread covid

There is scientific ways to evaluate efficacy of the vaccine.
Pfizer - 97%
Chinese vaccines - 50%

Frankly the Chinese vaccine is better than nothing. If China wants to be credible they have to more responsible next time around
Bullcrap
J&j and sinovacc are similar vaccine with60-70% efficacy

You must move to china asap in protest against the west, albeit the article is about middle east Pakistanis asking for Pfizer vacancies. In fact, some middle east countries are now asking their citizens to retake vaccines because Chinese ones flopped.

Since when is Saudi a western country?

To some scholars the current geographical truth i.e. modern day Pakistan dictates their centre of universe, so one should not be alarmed when; 'Saudia Arabia' is referred to as a 'western country' for she is west to Pakistan, if we stay true to this methodology then even Afghanistan is a western country. Perhaps this why the latter has drawn in so many tourists from the Europeon continental region and afar over the centuries including the British, Soviets and the now we have the Americans just checking out. It does however boggle my mind as to why so many who had plans to extend their stay are unable to do so, as surely it cannot be the hosting credentials of the local populace, for the new student management spares no expense on the bling bling and fire crackers, perhaps foreigners do not have the altitude for the local cuisine.. alas forgive me for my rambling my friend I am merely an old man who is lost in his thoughts.. *

Last edited:
To some scholars the current geographical truth i.e. modern day Pakistan dictates their centre of universe, so one should not be alarmed when; 'Saudia Arabia' is reffered to as a 'western country' for she is west to Pakistan, if we stay true to this methodology then even Afghanistan is a western country. Perhaps this why the latter has drawn in so many tourists from the Europeon continental region and afar over the centuries including the British, Soviets and the now we have the Americans just checking out. It does however boggle my mind as to why so many who had plans to extend their stay are unable to do so, as surely it cannot be the hosting credentials of the local populace, for the new student management spares no expense on the bling bling and fire crackers, perhaps foreigners do not have the altitude for the local cuisine.. alas forgive me for my rambling my friend I am merely an old man who is lost in his thoughts.. *

Australia is western but east of Pakistan. To the best of my knowledge Saudi is the only nation besides China that has barred entry based on a white list of vaccines. Most nations accept any WHO approved vaccine.

So why does @Stealth blame western nations when we don't discriminate but says nothing of China?

Back
Top Bottom