What's new

Over 80 % Chinese Has No Knowledge Of 1962 Indo-China War

I never even knew that there was ever a war between China and India, until I decided to start reading some Indian news sites a while back (mostly to see what they thought of Chinese people in general).

It turns out that the Indian media absolutely love that topic.

Pakistani Text Books (less More Fiction Novels):lol::lol::lol:

In a 1995 paper published in International Journal of Middle East Studies historian Ayesha Jalal stated "Pakistan's history textbooks amongst the best available sources for assessing the nexus between power and bigotry in creative imaginings of a national past." She points out authors whose "expansive pan-Islamic imaginings" detect the beginnings of Pakistan in the birth of Islam on the Arabian peninsula. A Text Book of Pakistan Studies claims that Pakistan "came to be established for the first time when the Arabs under Mohammad bin Qasim occupied Sindh and Multan'; by the thirteenth century 'Pakistan had spread to include the whole of Northern India and Bengal' and then under the Khiljis, Pakistan moved further south-ward to include a greater part of Central India and the Deccan'. [...] The spirit of Pakistan asserted itself', and under Aurangzeb the 'Pakistan spirit gathered in strength'; his death 'weakened the Pakistan spirit'." Jalal points out that even an acclaimed scholar like Jameel Jalibi questions the validity of a national history that seeks to "claim Pakistan's pre-Islamic past" in an attempt to compete with India's historic antiquity. K. Ali's two volume history designed for B.A. students traces the pre-history of the 'Indo-Pakistan' subcontinent to the Paleolithic age and consistently refers to the post-1947 frontiers of Pakistan while discussing the Dravidians and the Aryans.

I never even knew that there was ever a war between China and India, until I decided to start reading some Indian news sites a while back (mostly to see what they thought of Chinese people in general).

It turns out that the Indian media absolutely love that topic.

Yes Our english language media is a sensationalist media have right wing stance. But you cant read the regional language newspaper which have far higher circulation than english newspaper. These regional newspaper are least concerned about 1962 war.

Perhaps its a subtle sign by the CCP that they want to mend ties with India? If the Chinese education system doesn't glorify a clear victory such as the 1962 war, it simply means the Chinese don't want to portray India as an enemy as opposed to Japan.

The entire war is probably just a footnote in the history book as a simple border skirmish.

Most Chinese as I know are ignorant. Yet the US stir ups work fine to set wedges between your nations.

I want to say to all chinese members that even in Indian history textbooks upto 10 th class, history is taught only upto 1947, India's freedom from Britishers.

actually i remember the panchsheel agreement in 1955 between india and china. i also remember some thing about a "disagreement" in kashmir in 1947 :lol:

How many threads were created and will be more produced in the future on this topic?
Come on, when reading comments from you guys, I feel deja-vu: all seen and read.

From my experiance

90% indians do not know we fought 3 wars against pakistan
70% indians do not know we fought a war against china
50% indians do not know we even fought a war

Its true even I don't know anything about 1948 and 1965 wars till my post graduation. Before I thought that Siachin is somewhere situated near Siberia many people don't know Siachin is part of India thats the truth. Majority of Indians don't know that Kashmir is occupied by Pakistan and China.

We know well about Kargil war and something heard about 1971(BD formation) and China war.

Its true even I don't know anything about 1948 and 1965 wars till my post graduation. Before I thought that Siachin is somewhere situated near Siberia many people don't know Siachin is part of India thats the truth. Majority of Indians don't know that Kashmir is occupied by Pakistan and China.

We know well about Kargil war and something heard about 1971(BD formation) and China war.

50-70% Indians don't know that Bangladesh was donation of India to pak.

80-90% indians don't know that Pakistan surrendered india with 93000 soldiers. but all of them have negative image of Pakistan.

99% Indians know that laden was caught in Pakistan.

From my experiance

90% indians do not know we fought 3 wars against pakistan
70% indians do not know we fought a war against china
50% indians do not know we even fought a war

Same is true for liberation of Goa also. Many people rarely know Dadra and Nagar Haveli was a Portuguese colony.

In 1962 however, there was one indian who had bullets instead of sticks and stones. Do u know what he did?

He killed 300 chinese in 3 days. That’s a record in modern history
Jaswant Singh Rawat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read about the war from any source
you will see that indian soldiers despite bieng low on ammo, cutoff, surrounded and outnumbered 10:1 by the chinese, inflicted disproportionaly high causalities on them

Sorry for going off topic

Interesting folklore, I have doubts on its accuracy and most likely there's been a reasonable amount of exaggeration built in over the years.

I am curious though exactly which model of Chinese made machine gun did they take from the post

Back
Top Bottom