What's new

Over 43 million people in Pakistan defecate in the open

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are bases of 43 million figure? :undecided: AFAIK - even villager have toilets in their houses these days - and in cities in almost every 2nd street have mosque where toilet facility is available than why one will defecate in public place?
Don't know about cities but villages in Pakistan have showed an enviable statistics. 5.8 million people living in 5000 villages have been declared free of open defecation. I think villagers are much cleaner than the city dwellers.

I don't want to compare the two but since you want
I can see where are you going. anyway you can find your answers in your question your education
health budget your GDP , your projects are bigger than ours so why dint you succeed in cutting down the figure of 53%?

in the other thread I said corruption seems to be bigger factor but you Indians are always on the run and start comparing finding solace
just google that who is missing more millenium development goals.

OH PLEASE,you read indian newspaper but didnt read pak newspaper,besides that you didnt care to mention pak figures,ON TOP OF THAT YOU DIDNT CARE TO MENTION THAT HOW OPEN DEFECATION IS AFFECTING PAKISTANI KIDS AND YOU ARE ASKING THAT WHY THE CASE IS DIFFERENT.

I read Pak newspapers though The News is at last priority.

I dint mention Pak figures because that report was specifically about India.

The report about Pakistan and other countries needs separate thread.

whatever the way they implement or not I believe India-Pakistan do have this issue and we cant hide behind any excuses

Well said.. and its about time we looked the problem in the eye & stopped gloating over the discomfort of each other with such issues.

Don't know about cities but villages in Pakistan have showed an enviable statistics. 5.8 million people living in 5000 villages have been declared free of open defecation. I think villagers are much cleaner than the city dwellers.

Since I worked with an organization which was implementing a WHO project of sanitation in Pakistani villages so I can tell you the reason.

Foreign funded as well as locally funded projects are a big factor in villages .

We were working on such one in Chakwal village (a village that has famou Raj Katas mandirs), there you will see entire village has toilets with commodes. The people there are now so much aware that even NGOs are finding it hard to fool them.

They demand bigger share in development fund for the village

I read Pak newspapers though The News is at last priority.

I dint mention Pak figures because that report was specifically about India.

The report about Pakistan and other countries needs separate thread.

last priority?
of course they need seperate threads,but why you only opened thread about india and not pakistan.
if the report was specifically about india than why you asked the question that how open defecation is differently affecting pakistani kids.

@WebMaster; here you have another thread for the "Scavenger's Sub-Forum" of PDF.
Business seems to be taking off well !

In a nutshell...both India and Pakistan are full of cr@p

that's not a secret :)

we must focus on accepting problems 
@WebMaster; here you have another thread for the "Scavenger's Sub-Forum" of PDF.
Business seems to be taking off well !

You are behaving like an ostrich .

we have no issue in debating about this grave problem why are you so insecure

For city dwellers i mentioned that there is mosque in almost every 2nd or 3rd street in cities, and culture of going in open fields in villages have been declined drastically in last 2 decades. That's why i find 43m figure too high. Viral diseases like diarrhoea is mostly in slum areas of cities or people in rural area living in temporary settlements and main reason of this unclean water and poor sanitation --- In villages or small cities people are not dependent on govt. water supplies, everybody have their own water pumps at home.

What are bases of 43 million figure? :undecided: AFAIK - even villager have toilets in their houses these days - and in cities in almost every 2nd street have mosque where toilet facility is available than why one will defecate in public place?

Sometimes I think that in the evolutionary scale of things we're still between a chimpanzee & a human being !

We spit on the streets, we've urinated on every nook & corner of every street of Pakistan as if we're marking our territories & we even take the occasional dump in front of everyone !

Then there are those in abject poverty who do this - I once saw a beggar (lady) cleaning her baby's arse with the peel of a rotten onion, I nearly puked in the car there & then ! :bad:

In India these problem is present only in some northern states,South India is much better , especially my home state kerala has better sanitation facilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom