What's new

Out of box thinking applied for operations: Top IAF commander

ok , nisha.
firstly, the mi-17 is used only in a military capacity in india, and sometimes under the iaf as a vip transport...VERY rarely.
pawan hans doesnt operate them. only the IAF does.
the copter in question is a mi-17v5....its brand new, and not even 2 years old. The incident happened because the pilots were flying , most of the time in weather where flying is forbidden, just so they could be saving lives. They did this , at a risk to their own
lives. Its testimony to their training that such a huge op was accomplished.

Its not the iaf's job to train for such things. They do have experience in it, but its not an essential part of their job, and has tertiary importance at best. They're meant to fight wars, not save people stranded in the rains. ITS A MILITARY FORCE FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.
Please research your facts before you make claims just to bash a country. With you, it seems that you're arguing with a preconceived notion here, and pulling up anything u find that seems to go along with ur line of thought, and then manufacturing thing that you have very little knowledge of to support yourself. Its very unbecoming.

Also , abingdonboy is one of the most knowledgeable members around here, and while that doesnt mean that you have to like him, you'd best respect him.

I call BS on your post. Pawan Has has used MI-17. Get your facts right. As for it being military, its being used right now. I guess you read all the posts and understand how in certin dire times, its inevitable to use such reosurces especially when we don;t have the necessary tools to tackle disasters. Military training for such incidents wil only help in any future scenarios and I have listed this before.

Logisitics is a part of war. Ferrying troops and supplies is also a major part of any war time effort. Think about that. Read all the posts becoz you are not reading it properly

That means ak47 and M16 assault rifles are same.

I just learned a lot about you. how little knowledge you have. Comparing AK to M16s as the same, yet faiing to comprehend what minute differences are involved with two heli's of the same class....:no:

ok , nisha.
firstly, the mi-17 is used only in a military capacity in india, and sometimes under the iaf as a vip transport...VERY rarely.
pawan hans doesnt operate them. only the IAF does.
the copter in question is a mi-17v5....its brand new, and not even 2 years old. The incident happened because the pilots were flying , most of the time in weather where flying is forbidden, just so they could be saving lives. They did this , at a risk to their own
lives. Its testimony to their training that such a huge op was accomplished.

Its not the iaf's job to train for such things. They do have experience in it, but its not an essential part of their job, and has tertiary importance at best. They're meant to fight wars, not save people stranded in the rains. ITS A MILITARY FORCE FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.
Please research your facts before you make claims just to bash a country. With you, it seems that you're arguing with a preconceived notion here, and pulling up anything u find that seems to go along with ur line of thought, and then manufacturing thing that you have very little knowledge of to support yourself. Its very unbecoming.

Also , abingdonboy is one of the most knowledgeable members around here, and while that doesnt mean that you have to like him, you'd best respect him.

Respect is 2 way street. Talk crap, then get treated like crap. I didn;t say anything bad, I suggest you better get your eyes checked.

Here is link that calls into play your facts

https://www.pawanhans.co.in/site/inner.aspx?status=3&menu_id=36

This is why I cant trust you your posts. It is full of inaccuracies.

No accidents happen expecially with Russian crap. Pawan Hans is a Heli ferrying company that utlizes such Helis like Mi-17.

Any, take a look at the post that has to do with this tread. That post I am referring to is the one I replied to Abingdonboy.

You are obviously a hollywood propaganda infected kid that has no idea what its talking about...

The only thing you posted was about the CMs helo crash... and the PH MI 17 crash, caused by a micro burst.

You are obviously a hollywood propaganda infected kid that has no idea what its talking about...

Right and you are obviously one of those Tamil LTTE supporters who thinks they know everything but has no clue....

Anyway, Uttarakand current situation could have been avoided if proper diaster managment was in place which CAG warned us all about 1 months in advance.

Anyway, Uttarakand current situation could have been avoided if proper diaster managment was in place which CAG warned us all about 1 months in advance.

I agree to that..but lot of warnings are issued..and they are just sitting in the files ..uttaranchal govt is the one to blame for it since they are hungry for the tourist money..parantha for 250 and water for 200...so inhuman..Kalyug is true

Wow those new C-17's really proved how awesome they are, I guess all of India can now see the advantages of buying from the USA, they know how make good stuff and their delivery on time motto is very impressive. I think the quicker India gets over the past baggage and moves forward the better the whole world will be. And I hope you guys also know that a lot of the US military personnel love training with the Indians, there is a lot of mutual respect between the two military's.

I call BS on your post. Pawan Has has used MI-17. Get your facts right. As for it being military, its being used right now. I guess you read all the posts and understand how in certin dire times, its inevitable to use such reosurces especially when we don;t have the necessary tools to tackle disasters. Military training for such incidents wil only help in any future scenarios and I have listed this before.

Logisitics is a part of war. Ferrying troops and supplies is also a major part of any war time effort. Think about that. Read all the posts becoz you are not reading it properly

I just learned a lot about you. how little knowledge you have. Comparing AK to M16s as the same, yet faiing to comprehend what minute differences are involved with two heli's of the same class....:no:

Pawan Hans used Mi17 civilian version but not the military one. Military is using it from decades. Give me an answer: Did not the most sophisticate heli of US crashed in OBL operation in Abbotabad?

I agree with Nisha here..We should have simulated it by bursting 2-3 clouds and make the rain to fall for 4-5 days to drill such kind of operations. I am not sure if our AF would have flown to Uttrakhand in the past during this season but we shpuld have done it so that they could have some experience in their hand. It was must and if they could have done it then they need not to think out of the box and were prepared for it.

:what::undecided::laughcry::rofl::blink:

Yeah I am Tamil :rofl:

Since when you crossed the border mate.:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom