What's new

Ousted Prime Minister Imran Khan Arrested: News and Discussion

Is Martial Law/Emergency a real possibility after IK arrest?

• Yes

Votes: 145 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Meanwhile mega-mind genius analyst...
1685318459284.png

Simple maths is hard for some people!

They are desperately trying to justify their Draconian acts.
I spent 12 years campaigning on social media in favour of Pakistan army
Will do the exact opposite from now onwards.
Jiss nay Jo ukhaarna hay ukhaar lay
It's a shame they have gone down this route. No one denies that damaging buildings is unacceptable, but there is a video from Mianwali where they are outside the Airbase, you can see masked men in the crowd yelling slogans and urging the crowds to chant... But what is most notable is that area, almost everyone speaks saraiki and saraiki has a very unique accent, but the men chanting slogans are in pure Urdu.

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but these men were NOT locals! I have spoken to people from Mianwali who have all said, we don't even know who these people were! We were stood outside Mianwali Football Club ground when we heard that a group of people had attacked the air base! There are many many stories like this, people unfamiliar to locals appeared out of no where and organised a crowd to go pillaging.

A good friend I have known since my University days, who has been a human rights advocate in Pakistan since 2002 and did so much good work for Pakistan has been forced to come off twitter for the safety of her family.

1685320471733.png

So many friends have been silenced.

What kind of country is this? Elon Musk's tweet was very telling:
1685320535570.png

It's a shame they have gone down this route. No one denies that damaging buildings is unacceptable, but there is a video from Mianwali where they are outside the Airbase, you can see masked men in the crowd yelling slogans and urging the crowds to chant... But what is most notable is that area, almost everyone speaks saraiki and saraiki has a very unique accent, but the men chanting slogans are in pure Urdu.

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but these men were NOT locals! I have spoken to people from Mianwali who have all said, we don't even know who these people were! We were stood outside Mianwali Football Club ground when we heard that a group of people had attacked the air base! There are many many stories like this, people unfamiliar to locals appeared out of no where and organised a crowd to go pillaging.
Thug general Asim Munir went too far.
He provided the narrative to this thief government for mass arrests , rapes , killings and other atrocities.

@Jango did you see that old apology video of Khadija Shah being circulated in the press. I can tell you now confirmed this is an old video she made apologising to the government prior to her arrest but the apology was refused. She HAS not been released!

I haven't seen the video itself, but I have seen Asad Toor getting exposed on Twitter after he posted that video.

Journalism really is gutter in Pakistan.

Conversion to North Korea complete.

When are we gonna see hordes of paid (or forced) actors lining the streets of Islamabad with pamphlets in hand, who will cry at the mere sight of our overlord, our sipah-salar, our savior, Gen Asim Munir? Just like we see in North Korea for little Kim?

Reference for those who are unaware:

Asad Ali Toor should find the smallest cup, fill it with water and drown himself, that will be better for him.

I actually heard the guy for the first time yesterday on Facebook, a small clip was shared.

And the way he speaks, casual language, no references or sources, just khokay ki gap, how the heck do people take him seriously?

I actually heard the guy for the first time yesterday on Facebook, a small clip was shared.

And the way he speaks, casual language, no references or sources, just khokay ki gap, how the heck do people take him seriously?
All these people are youtubers who call themselves journalists, not a single scrap of investigative skills, ethics or intellect. He is what we in Pakistan a "WhatsAPP" journalist.

All these people are youtubers who call themselves journalists, not a single scrap of investigative skills, ethics or intellect. He is what we in Pakistan a "WhatsAPP" journalist.

That is how most of the journalists are tbh.

Journalism in Pakistan doesn't mean investigating, writing well researched articles, actually perusing public records for documentation etc, there are only a few who do that, Ahmed Noorani (even though I don't like the guy), Arshad Sharif did it, and a few others.

The rest of the lot is more of a 'I know somebody to get insider news from' club. Hamid Mir, Javed Chaudhary, the likes. They just happen to know some people in positions of power, and just keep on giving exclusive scoops or news on the basis of those connections. That's it.

That is how most of the journalists are tbh.

Journalism in Pakistan doesn't mean investigating, writing well researched articles, actually perusing public records for documentation etc, there are only a few who do that, Ahmed Noorani (even though I don't like the guy), Arshad Sharif did it, and a few others.

The rest of the lot is more of a 'I know somebody to get insider news from' club. Hamid Mir, Javed Chaudhary, the likes. They just happen to know some people in positions of power, and just keep on giving exclusive scoops or news on the basis of those connections. That's it.
There used to be an amazing investigative journalist in Islamabad back in the 90's; Shahida Tariq who was one of my heroes when she was alive, god rest her soul.

I have always found that some of the lesser known Urdu newspapers have some exceptional journalists and they are very outspoken and actually research the topics they write on. Modern journalists especially in Pakistan are very poor, I mean just read the Dawn, the Dawn Newspaper was once respected as the most reliable and objective English Daily in Pakistan, sadly its not anymore.

Back
Top Bottom