What's new

Ousted Prime Minister Imran Khan Arrested: News and Discussion

Is Martial Law/Emergency a real possibility after IK arrest?

• Yes

Votes: 145 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
he may plan to hand over PTI to someone else.

He is being told to do this and go away, but he ain't budging, for now. Let's see.

Does he go away for good, does he go away until October elections (which IMO won't happen), or does he stick around and see what happens?

These Guys have Sub Zero IQ Levels.
Fw6tQEbX0BkMAQ_

Fw6tP7xWIAMhXgF

Fw6wWxjWwAoUmqd

These Idiots think every one is as Stupid as they are.

He is being told to do this and go away, but he ain't budging, for now. Let's see.

Does he go away for good, does he go away until October elections (which IMO won't happen), or does he stick around and see what happens?

He has no choice, his party leadership is leaving one by one, workers in jail and public asleep. From a political point of view he should resign and hand over leadership to the executive committe. Let them select a new leader and party can then make a deal with the establishment and save the party, release all the workers etc. After a few years if the establishment allows it then he can rejoin the party or just be a advisor.

People talk about Turkey but do they know how many parties were dissolved, leadership killed, kidnapped until AKP party emerged and made a deal with their establishment. Also around 60% of Turkey followed similar ideology so establishment had no choice but to allow a soft AKP. In Pakistan we will witness if 80% of the people follow the same ideology Imran Khan has been promoting, if so then they will still vote for the new PTI with a softer tone regarding the establishment. It all depends on how much the people of Pakistan learnt from IK.

The day IK leaves Pakistan under a deal, is the day his ideology will die and so will his will to live.

I will wager he's not leaving...
He was saying to convince him/the committee that Pak can run better, then he will leave. Also, he added that if Pak can progress by delaying elections, then he is ready.

He still has a stronghold in KPK.. ISI+Govt still cannot arrest Shandan Gulzar or Murad Saeed etc...

He has no choice, his party leadership is leaving one by one, workers in jail and public asleep. From a political point of view he should resign and hand over leadership to the executive committe. Let them select a new leader and party can then make a deal with the establishment and save the party, release all the workers etc. After a few years if the establishment allows it then he can rejoin the party or just be a advisor.

People talk about Turkey but do they know how many parties were dissolved, leadership killed, kidnapped until AKP party emerged and made a deal with their establishment. Also around 60% of Turkey followed similar ideology so establishment had no choice but to allow a soft AKP. In Pakistan we will witness if 80% of the people follow the same ideology Imran Khan has been promoting, if so then they will still vote for the new PTI with a softer tone regarding the establishment. It all depends on how much the people of Pakistan learnt from IK.

1- So does that mean you just let the establishment do what it pleases? It's IK right now, who knows who it could be tomorrow. Then what? The cycle just continues every 5 or 3 years?

2- IMO, IK has two options now. Or rather three. Get the deal and go out of country and relax, let's see what happens in a few years. The drawback of this is he is old. He isn't like BB or Nawaz Sharif of the late 90's. Second is to take a backseat now, stay in the country, agree to October elections, pray they happen, and organize the party right now. Drawback with this is ofcourse, who can guarantee elections will happen in October? What miracle will the PDM and estab do in 3 months that they are popular enough for elections? Finally, he can just carry on what he is doing and rely on this war of attrition. Estab will have to give at some time, since like it or not, IK does have grassroot support.

He was saying to convince him/the committee that Pak can run better, then he will leave. Also, he added that if Pak can progress by delaying elections, then he is ready.

He has always said this since 6 months.

Convince me that you have a plan and me going will make things better for the country, I will go.

He has always said this since 6 months.

Convince me that you have a plan and me going will make things better for the country, I will go.

2- IMO, IK has two options now. Or rather three. Get the deal and go out of country and relax, let's see what happens in a few years. The drawback of this is he is old. He isn't like BB or Nawaz Sharif of the late 90's. Second is to take a backseat now, stay in the country, agree to October elections, pray they happen, and organize the party right now. Drawback with this is ofcourse, who can guarantee elections will happen in October? What miracle will the PDM and estab do in 3 months that they are popular enough for elections? Finally, he can just carry on what he is doing and rely on this war of attrition. Estab will have to give at some time, since like it or not, IK does have grassroot support.
He is most likely to stick with the 3rd but the second option in my opinion is better he should Get a deal for October get his workers out reorganize the party. Doesn't matter if Election happens in October or not Ideological Core of his party must survive other Wise establishment will break it under leadership of their stooges.

He is most likely to stick with the 3rd but the second option in my opinion is better he should Get a deal for October get his workers out reorganize the party. Doesn't matter if Election happens in October or not Ideological Core of his party must survive other Wise establishment will break it under leadership of their stooges.

I am split between the two options.

Going abroad is suicide, should not do that.

But for waiting until elections, what if they don't happen in October? I am willing to put a bet that elections won't happen in October. What does he do then? That just shows might is right. A govt can stop elections jusut because it wishes to do so. I say keep the pressure, but back off from the establishment fight, for now. That fight needs to be fought, but not now. That was the only mistake of his IMO. I believe Erdogan did the same too. Made the economy better, brought prosperity to people, fauj kay sath larayi later.

So does that mean you just let the establishment do what it pleases? It's IK right now, who knows who it could be tomorrow. Then what? The cycle just continues every 5 or 3 years?

Your correct but what other option does he have? From a principle point of view he should not give up and follow a do or die situation but from a political point of view he needs to save his party, party workers and wait a few years and then make a comeback (if possible)

I am split between the two options.

Going abroad is suicide, should not do that.

But for waiting until elections, what if they don't happen in October? I am willing to put a bet that elections won't happen in October. What does he do then? That just shows might is right. A govt can stop elections jusut because it wishes to do so. I say keep the pressure, but back off from the establishment fight, for now. That fight needs to be fought, but not now. That was the only mistake of his IMO. I believe Erdogan did the same too. Made the economy better, brought prosperity to people, fauj kay sath larayi later.

How can he back off from the establishment when they're attacking his party with full force? The establishment will not back down unless IK leaves the party and hands it over to the executive committe, they will then select a new leader and send the message to the establishment that were willing to change and work with you for a better Pakistan. If the establishment is willing to make amends then atleast Pti can start to rebuild the party based on mistakes they made, try not to upset the establishment, make agreements on foreign, internal policy etc.

The biggest question is can PTI survive after a heavy crackdown? Can PTI still keep the same ideology or will they become another PDM? If PTI can survive and will not give up then by all means IK should continue, let another 20,000 be in jails but still fight till victory.

The issue I see is in Pakistan we only follow personalities but not an ideology, you can crackdown for 20 years but the ideology lives on, you can create another party but ideology will be the same, change leadership but ideology will be the same. Is this the same case for PTI?

Agree He knows it too that's why he will never leave the country. Establishment is on the hitlist of the Nation. The Hate i see is never Going away and the Pre April 22 Status the armed forces held is history now. Opinions in Pakistan are created in the spaces like Tick tock, Twitter and Facebook. All the visuals are not going away.

My Reasoning for an October deal is get the Party organized. Already the Establishment is selling Munjan for Reimagining Pakistan with Muftah, Abbasi and Mustafa Khokhar. They will create another party to try to Divide PTIs vote, But they are making a mistake by using the known faces. TLP lost its support base due to its association with the Army. If PTI Sticks to its ideology its workers have already seen jails and tyranny Even if Khan dies leading them if his ideology remains at the center of their discourse they will win election in a landslide. No matter how much they delay this election they cant get any thing right. Economy will remain in taters another even a bailout wont help either people don't trust the state anymore. Overseas will keep a tight control on remittance most in West will get their families out. The millions of skilled labor that will fly away over the next few years will do the same. I and my friends all intend to get our families out and sell everything we have here. My Juniors and the rest of my circle intends to do the same, No point living in a State that treats you like an enemy for just demanding you rights,

The Next Election as I see will have a turnover in high 80s no matter how much rigging they do they will loose. Every year we add 5 million new voters and bury 2 million boomers. The State can win this battle but it will never win the war.

Last edited:
Assad Umar press conference. He is still with PTI but leaving all party positions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom