What's new

Ousted Prime Minister Imran Khan Arrested: News and Discussion

Is Martial Law/Emergency a real possibility after IK arrest?

• Yes

Votes: 145 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does PMLN or PPP put up banners of Imran Khan ? If they don't put up their own banners, who else will ?

The Pakistani army is not a political party. It is a military institute. In which country do militaries put up pictures and banners of their own generals? You guys are waging a war against your own country. Let that just sink in for a moment. This is incredibly low. You have to put up banners and march with religious parties to showcase how much support you have. Isn't that shameful?

Pakistani army is not a political party. It is a military institute. In which country do militaries put up pictures and banners of their own generals?
In most countries where the military plays a major role in government, I would imagine. In the last few decades, almost all South Asian countries have been through that phase. In any case, no one other than the army would put up their own posters unless they had won a great military victory.

The Pakistani army is not a political party. It is a military institute. In which country do militaries put up pictures and banners of their own generals? You guys are waging a war against your own country. Let that just sink in for a moment. This is incredibly low. You have to put up banners and march with religious parties to showcase how much support you have. Isn't that shameful?
One man's patriotic is another man's traitor. Many things going on in Pakistan are shameful. Army has always acted beyond its constitutional boundaries. The judiciary has given clean chits to coups and acted beyond its constitutional mandate. Sharifs and Zardaris are corrupt and indulge in nepotism. Imran Khan is corrupt and narcissistic and lies pathologically. Religious parties are corrupt as well. So, why single out just one party for criticism ?

One man's patriotic is another man's traitor. Many things going on in Pakistan are shameful. Army has always acted beyond its constitutional boundaries. The judiciary has given clean chits to coups and acted beyond its constitutional mandate. Sharifs and Zardaris are corrupt and indulge in nepotism. Imran Khan is corrupt and narcissistic and lies pathologically. Religious parties are corrupt as well. So, why single out just one party for criticism ?

You can say a lot of things about Imran Khan. Imran Khan is not corrupt.

The Pakistani army is absolutely worthy of criticism and so much more. It needs to stop political interference. The Pakistani generals are vindictive. They think they are above the law. The Pakistani generals need to return to barracks. Their interference in politics has brought Pakistan to the brink of disaster. The generals have a history of duplicity and tacit deals with both domestic and foreign actors. There is a reason why the Western powers have accused the Pakistani generals of double games. It is not a coincidence that history is repeating itself. Enough is enough.

Yes, we were blind and intoxicated with army patriotism blah blah. We admit our grave mistakes. Time has come for a thorough change now.

You can say a lot of things about Imran Khan. Imran Khan is not corrupt
So you really believe he didn't buy gifts from the toshakhana and sell them in the market for much higher price?

So you really believe he didn't buy gifts from the toshakhana and sell them in the market for much higher price?

No. He didn't. These are lies perpetuated by Panama thieves. Today we have a person leading Pakistan whose brother Nawaz Sharif is actually named in the Panama scandal. Am I going to believe accusations from Panama thieves? I don't think so.

The Pakistani army is absolutely worthy of criticism. It needs to stop political interference. The Pakistani generals are vindictive. They think they are above the law. The Pakistani generals need to return to barracks. Their interference in politics has brought Pakistan to the brink of disaster.
I agree with most of this but aren't the likes of SMQ, Sheikh Rasheed and Pervaiz Elahi political agents of the army ? Didn't the army put them in IK's lap to make him PM ? Didn't IK himself give an extension to Bajwa ? Didn't IK himself not complain that Asim Muneer refused to meet him ? Under what constutional norm is the COAS supposed to have a meeting with someone who is not even a member of the National Assembly?

No. He didn't. These are lies perpetuated by Panama thieves. Today we have a person leading Pakistan whose brother Nawaz Sharif is actually named in the Panama scandal. Am I going to believe accusations from Panama thieves? I don't think so.
So you also believe Buzdar was an honest Chief Minister and Farah Gogi has no connection to Bushra Bibi ? Do you at least believe that Imran bought the toshakhana gifts ? If so, do you believe every single one of them is still in his possession?

Does PMLN or PPP put up banners of Imran Khan ? If they don't put up their own banners, who else will ?
if Imran Khan fall or PTI destroyed, after few years all PDM and PPP will confront establishment using PTI fall.... just like now PMLN has soft heart for Bhutto and Benazir...same PMLN , JUIF who support Zia to hang Bhutto .....

So why was Asim Muneer removed as DG of ISI ?
Bajwa removed him because during Iran-Pakistan talks on Baluchistan insurgency, he disregard the military protocols during talks adopt dangerous posture. GHQ took it very seriously.
Has nothing to do with IK family matter. ISI chief never reach out directly to PM for such issues.

Last edited:
Bajwa removed him because during Iran-Pakistan talks on Baluchistan insurgency, he disregard the military protocols during talks and ISPR took it very seriously.
The COAS removed the ISI Chief without the PM's involvement? Why was it so difficult to post out ( not remove prematurely) Gen Faiz then ?

ISPR took it seriously? ISPR is run by a Major General, if I am not mistaken. You are saying a Major General advised the COAS to remove a very senior Lt Gen from a position that also reports to the Prime Minister and the Chief acted on that Maj General's instruction?

Bajwa removed him because during Iran-Pakistan talks on Baluchistan insurgency, he disregard the military protocols during talks adopt dangerous posture. GHQ took it very seriously.
Has nothing to do with IK family matter. ISI chief never reach out directly to PM for such issues.
Dude there are soo many rumors. One rumor I found from a vloger don't remember whether it was from imran riaz khan or moed is that asim ordered the killings of several young kids in kpk and then called them terrorist. Imran khan was furious and then asked how can you label 5 years old kids terrorist. He was fired after that.

Dude there are soo many rumors. One rumor I found from a vloger don't remember whether it was from imran riaz khan or moed is that asim ordered the killings of several young kids in kpk and then called them terrorist. Imran khan was furious and then asked how can you label 5 years old kids terrorist. He was fired after that.
Well, Gen Raheel did much more brutal Swat clean up operation but he handled very skillfully. He followed the US 101 airborne style. And that style was the need of time.

I see that you edited your reply. It still doesn't add up. If Asim Muneer committed a serious protocol error and adopted dangerous positions, why didn't Bajwa sack him and instead posted him to command an important corps ? Was Imran Khan preventing Bajwa from sacking Asim Muneer?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom