What's new

Our Heroes need their identity back - Pakistan Army

The commanding officer briefs General Gul Hassan Khan.
Akram Hussain Sayed can also be seen. circa 1965.

1613256013062.png

Last edited:
A JCO from a Punjab Regiment unit operates a Vickers MMG at Burki, Lahore - circa September 1965.
The weapon was deployed in air-defence configuration..

1613268541622.png

Havaldar Allah Ditta - literal translation being 'gifted by God' - was a combat medic with the Special Service Group's 5ᵗʰ Commando "Zilzaal" Battalion, and made the ultimate sacrifice on 30ᵗʰ August 2009, near Mingora, Swat. awarded the Sitara-e-Basalat posthumously.

1613336700396.png

1613428349902.png

in the loving memory of,
Major Sabir Kamal Meyer Sitara-e-Jurat and Bar 10ᵗʰ FF / 13ᵗʰ FF
8ᵗʰ December 1971 Bhaduria, East Pakistan was awarded his first SJ in April 1971, at the Paksey Bridge, during the civil war,
and was a veteran of the Khem Karan Campaign of 1965.

1613428466919.png

Meyer laid down his life, alongwith Subedar Sher Afzal, as the Bravo Company commander, when his depth position at Bhaduria was assaulted by enemy tanks at 1600 hours, 8ᵗʰ December, as part of the overall battle for Hilli - where the units of the 205 Brigade 'gave them hell'.

a rare colourized photograph of him, accompanying a Norwegian expedition to Tirich Mir - the highest of the mountains of the Hindu Kush.

1613428646173.png

Remembering,

1613430004788.png

Naib Risaldar Khaliq Satti
Sitara-e-Jurat
25 Cavalry - "Men of Steel"

16ᵗʰ September 1965
Chawinda Railway Line

An exceptional JCO, his troop would be in the heat of battle for a fortnight.
Immortalized himself while coming to the aid of a pinned down lieutenant.
https://twitter.com/leftofthepincer/status/1323709738530594816/photo/1

On February 16, 1971, Chief of Staff General Abdul Hamid Khan signed the documents for the completion of Phase-I of Karakoram Highway at Ganesh, Hunza. During the completion of Phase-I of Karakoram Highway, 78 soldiers laid down their lives.

1613853043377.png

1613853068054.png

Sepoy Ibrahim Khan Tamgha-e-Jurat Northern Scouts 13ᵗʰ December 1971 Kargil wounded while repulsing an earlier attack of Whig's 121 Brigade on the 9ᵗʰ of December, the dauntless trooper laid down his life on a front where Pakistan had no regulars deployed!

1613937866768.png

L to R: Lieutenant Hussain Shah SJ 2IC 'B' Sqn Guides Cavalry Major ZU Abbasi SJ OC 'B' Sqn Guides Cavalry Lieutenant Colonel Rehman SJ CO 1 (SP) Field گرتے ہیں شہسوار ہی.

c. 1965: Four CinCs review the position on the ground during the war

1614305911693.png

Brigadier Ahsan Rashid Shami; a veteran of the Kashmir War, who fell in action on 10ᵗʰ September 1965, along the Khem Karan-Bhikkiwind Road, while commanding the 1ˢᵗ Armoured Division's Artillery - his jeep ran into machine-gun fire from a 4ᵗʰ Grenadiers FDL.
Posthumous HJ.

1614610140973.png

Naib Subedar Aleem Zar Sitara-e-Jurat 12ᵗʰ NLI
5ᵗʰ July 1999 a platoon commander in the Army's most decorated infantry battalion, he laid down his life while defending the 1129 Complex - aka the Tiger Hill Complex.
native of Phander Valley - standing centre.

1615158870517.png

Capt M. Iqbal Khan Shaheed's........ Last will:
SSG
Hilal E Jurat
Siachen September 1987

The opening sentences of Iqbal’s will read:

Let the green pack and the light neck jersey go back to the company stores and the bills for ‘langar’, mess, washerman and cobbler be paid.

Then he thoughtfully wrote the following eight wishes:

I owe sixteen days of fasting.

On 24 May, I took a loan of Rs. 900, my class number was 174. Details about the loan may be checked up from Peshawar University Administration Office. This loan must be paid back.

Zakat must be paid on the amount in my D S O P fund.

My grave should not be cemented and should not be raised more than the Shariah permits. No flowers, sehras, dupatas should be laid on the grave. These are sheer rituals and there is no injunction about them in the Quran or Hadith. Prayer is the most useful commodity.

No Chelum or death anniversary should be arranged, nor should rice pots be cooked and people invited and alms be given on these ceremonies, the estimated expenditure should be diverted towards paving a street, constructing a drain, or be given as donation to a mosque or as charity to the deprived. Shun ostentation for it is a curse not a blessing.

If after my death, the Government gives some amount, then out of this Rs. 40,000 should be distributed among the poor as an atonement of the prayers I didn’t offer and the fasts I didn’t keep. The balance if any should be given to my parents.

My relatives and friends should be advised to refrain from doing anything un islamic. If they want to cook a ‘deg’ on Friday or do something of the sort they should be stopped.No one should bewail and- bemoan my death; they will give me no satisfaction. If my well wishers want to do me good after my death, they should recite ‘Darood-Shareef’ as often as possible and offer it’s blessing for my soul.

Having duly written his will, he called his orderly Kibraya Mamun Anjum and trusted his diary to his care.

He fought gallantly at the highest battle field in the world Siachen and embraced Shahadat. He was posthumously awarded Hilal E Jurat the second highest military award of Pakistan.

1615228468306.png

Back
Top Bottom