EagleEyes

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Otokar - Military Armoured Vehicles

285293986943273ad9d181ab52bfc7e1.jpg

6b75d7153cf1cc839907bd04e0f03f2d.jpg

Otokar is one of Turkey's leading design and production centres for armoured and soft-skinned 4x4 tactical wheeled vehicles. Otokar military armoured vehicles are currently in service with over 15 countries' armed forces. Otokar also designs and manufactures armoured vehicles for other brands, on demand.

Otokar's military armoured vehicles ensure superior mobility, high protection-levels and adjustability of the same platform for various missions. Their modular structure allows different choices of components and subsystems.

LIGHT ARMOURED 4X4 VEHICLES
Otokar designs, develops and manufactures armoured wheeled tactical vehicles, and has a state-of-the-art armoured vehicle testing and production capability. The current product range comprises light armoured 4x4 vehicles in various configurations, including Cobras, Akreps, Otokar Armoured Personnel Carriers (APCs), Otokar armoured Internal-Security Vehicles (I-SV), and Otokar Discreetly Armoured Station Wagons.

COBRA ARMOURED VEHICLE
The 4x4 Cobra armoured vehicle provides superior mobility, a high level of protection, adaptability to various missions and a low logistic footprint. The logistic infrastructure remains the same even in diverse Cobras manufactured for different missions, thus saving maintenance, repair work and spare parts.

The Cobra military armoured vehicle can carry nine personnel, and is available in an amphibious version.

AKREP MILITARY ARMOURED VEHICLE
The Akrep is a special compact armoured vehicle developed on well-proven mechanical parts, and day or night vision and aiming systems. With its 4x4 drive and tactical characteristics, it can serve in all conditions.

The Akrep special compact military armoured vehicle is ideal for convoy protection, safeguarding of strategic areas and border control.

OTOKAR ARMOURED PERSONNEL CARRIER
The 4x4 Otokar APC is adaptable to a wide range of military, paramilitary and security roles. With its high manoeuvrability, perfect stability and superior on and off-road capabilities, the Otokar APC provides ultimate protection for military forces in risky areas. It can carry eight people.

OTOKAR DISCREETLY ARMOURED STATION WAGON
Otokar's Discreetly Armoured Station Wagon has an armoured body structure that meets military standards, as well as superior road and cross-country capabilities. The vehicle provides an ideal solution for VIPs, executives, and other public and military figures under threat of attack.

The Discreetly Armoured Station Wagon provides a reliable and protected transport for UN missions and peacekeeping activities. Its ballistically proven armour ensures protection for up to five people.

ARMOURED INTERNAL-SECURITY VEHICLE
The Otokar armoured I-SV has a specially designed body for usage in urban areas, and bolt-on armour for additional protection.

The Otokar armoured IS-V has a very effective 4x4 traction capability, and can be offered with different equipment and accessories on the same body, as well as in different versions (such as command vehicles, personnel carriers and water canon vehicles), suitable for different missions.

SPARE PARTS, MAINTENANCE AND TRAINING
Besides vehicle production, Otokar also provides a complete logistic support to its customers, with after-sales services such as spare parts, repair and maintenance support, field support and user training.

LEADING TACTICAL ARMOURED-VEHICLE MANUFACTURER
The main supplier of the Turkish Armed Forces for 4x4 tactical vehicles, and the leading tactical armoured vehicles manufacturer in Turkey, Otokar has been providing solutions since 1963. Located in Istanbul, it employs nearly 1,000 employees, is a member of the KOC Group and has a 169,000m² factory in Sakarya.

Otokar has heavily invested and upgraded its production facilities by introducing modern manufacturing technologies. Combining its experienced engineering resources with a skilled workforce and modern CAD facilities, Otokar has been successfully developing different variants of its own armoured vehicles.

Flexible manufacturing in order to meet the customers' special requirements, and excellent logistic service, are other big assets.

With a license production from Land Rover UK, Otokar is one of the most experienced CKD outlets of Land Rover Defender operations worldwide. The plant is also capable of providing its own special conversions for Land Rover Defenders: for example ambulances, special box bodies, and rescue vehicles.

APPROVED SUPPLIER
Otokar supplies NATO countries and holds AQAP-110 and ISO 9001 quality certificates. It is a member of the Turkish Defence Manufacturer Organisation and is listed as a NATO supplier manufacturing company.

Along with the vast product range with dedicated-to-mission specifications and field proven designs Otokar is also engaged in close cooperation with various customers in foreign markets. Otokar's tactical vehicles serve military and paramilitary forces in North Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Europe.

Otokar Otobüs Karoseri Sanayi AS
Aydinevler M. Dumlupinar C
No 24 A Blok
Kucukyali
Istanbul
Turkey
Tel: +90 216 489 2950
Fax: +90 216 489 2967
URL: Otokar

Does anyone know how they are being used in Pakistan? Is it Baktar-ban that police and rangers uses?

I heard they were developing an MRAP version called Cobra-II...would that be useful to the PA as it is expected to take up a long-term operation in CI & irregular warfare?

What about the price tag?

Do we really need them. I have visited the Heavy Industries Texilla, complex wher all tanks and APCs are refurbished and reproduced. I think M-113s are quite capable of meeting Army's requirement.

Turkey appears to have strong links to singapore as they are producing a version of the Terrex 8x8 APC as the Otokar Yavuz.

Also there is the FNSS systems PARS APC so for those who are in favour of wheeled APCs over tracked here are two options.

I think we have the vehicle in the first picture. I am not sure Pakistan will acquire any of those types anymore. Since Pakistan is now building its own type called Mohafiz. The Mohafiz could be seen in the Lal-Masjid Operation. Now there have been considerable technologies which have been developed for these systems, including SAM systems, jammers, and C4I equipment for operations. I suggest we acquire such technologies to equip our Mohafiz.. indegenious is always better.

they r used by SSG.......

Who else? Have you seen the police and rangers using them? I think i have.

Mohafiz looks very damn same, but Mohafiz has been added with many other technologies than just a light armoured vehicle.

Mohafiz looks very damn same, but Mohafiz has been added with many other technologies than just a light armoured vehicle.

i doubt if any original otokars are in service with PA or Police. i believe the design has been borrowed to manufacture the Mohafiz MAV to our own specs and requirements (read cost-effective)

Otokar Cobra

Based on its extensive experience in designing, developing and producing light armoured vehicles, based on the proven Land Rover Defender 4 x 4 chassis, Otokar has developed a more capable vehicle called the Cobra.

The Cobra armoured personnel carrier (APC) has a new Otokar-developed all-welded steel armour hull that protects the occupants against small-arms fire, shell splinters and anti-personnel mines.

The complete driveline originates from the standard US AM General Enhanced Capacity Vehicle 4 x 4 version of the US Army's High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle.

The Cobra's layout is conventional: the diesel power pack is at the front, the commander and driver are in the middle and the troop compartment is at the rear. The latter is provided with twin rear doors, roof hatches, firing ports and associated vision devices.

Various weapon stations can be mounted on the roof of the Cobra, including a one-person turret armed with a 12.7mm or 7.62mm machine gun, electrically operated smoke grenade launchers and a spotlight.

Standard equipment on all vehicles includes full-time 4 x 4 drive and an air- conditioning system but a wide range of optional equipment is also being marketed, including: a central tyre-pressure regulation system; a winch for self recovery operations; a nuclear, biological and chemical defensive system; and passive night-vision equipment.

A special amphibious version of the Cobra also exists. The Maldives is the first customer for this variant, which has a number of modifications for amphibious use and when afloat is propelled by two propellers located each side at the back.

Using the baseline Cobra chassis, a complete family of vehicles has been developed, such as ambulance, command, control and surveillance fitted with a battlefield radar system. More recently, for trialling, a Cobra has been modified and fitted with a Roketsan 107mm (12-round) rocket launcher on the roof.

Specifications

Crew: 2 + 11

Configuration: 4 x 4

Armament: 1 x 12.7mm machine gun

Combat weight: 6,300kg

Power-to-weight ratio: 30.1hp/t

Power pack: General Motors Type 6.5-litre V-8 diesel developing 190hp coupled to Hydra-Matic 4L80E automatic transmission

Length: 5.229m

Width: 2.20m

Height: 2.10m (hull top)

Max speed: 115km/h

Range: 500km

Air-portable: C-130 Hercules

Status

Production as required. In service with the Maldives and Turkey.

Manufacturer

Otokar Otobus Karoseri Sanayi AS, Adaparzi, Turkey

It is used by Neither Army nor Police, We are using our own mohafiz produced by HIT.

Regards
Wilco

Back
Top Bottom