What's new

Osmania University beef festival sparks violence

If they want to eat beef and have a beef festival..fine but do it outside the college. College campus is not a place for pushing ones political agenda. What if tomorrow someone has a 'Pork festival'.

It was supported by SFI..too bad.I thought they had some standards.

Sill some hydrabadis are stubborn and narrow minded un-fortunately

With my limited interaction with Hyderabadi Muslims, I find them to be extremely orthodox.

The right to eat steaks is well worth fighting each and every Indian Hindu nutjob that opposes eating of beef.

Why not? The people who want to eat it, can eat it, the people who don't just don't pay for it.

Would you extend the same liberty to Danish cartoons in Pakistani magazines, or books from Salman Rushdie being sold in Lahore and Islamabad?.. Whoever wants to buy them can, and rest who dont, wont pay for it.. Viva la liberty ... Eh ??

My cousin in law (husband of wife's cousin LOL - a gulti hindu btw) and I once went to a proper Pakistani restaurant in Dubai. And I had the most amazing Beef Peshawari (I think). That's another issue that I had to make an emergency stop at a mall down the Sheikh Zayed road half an hour later. But that was good stuff! :)

What is that? It sounds really nice.

Special joint of Beef, slow roasted with ingredients, those slices just melt in the mouth.

hunter-beef-recipe.jpg

We should respect each others culture and religion, in UK for example if you walk into a asian food joint they do not sell pork or beef.

Guys,

Is meat from buffalo and castle also regarded as beef.

Speaking of Hyderabadi, I for one find their biryani highly overrated man. Heard so much about it and found it incredibly dry and ordinary (that famous place which has a big chain). Prefer biryanis of our Pune joints like George or Blue Nile or Grand Darbar much more.

For your digressing, all i would say is, unlike the juicy Beef steaks, i highly doubt there is any demand for that. !!

Oh there is a lot of demand for Pork, Our brothers from Punjab and North East love Pork.. We should take them into consideration nand should conduct a festival of all dishes made of Pork..

Guys,

Is meat from buffalo and castle also regarded as beef.

Yeah it is. But you have the same taste controversy as between cow milk and buffalo milk or between mutton and lamb (till recently I assumed lamb is a baby goat - only to be educated that what passes for mutton and lamb in India is goat and sheep respectively).

There is no problem of eating beef in india , i have it on every alternate days in fact there is a Huge chain of halal beef shops rightly located at the center of market in my town. only thing is that u cannot slaughter a cow in front of public for that we have halal slaughtering centers here or any other isolated location .the reason is a cow is a symbol of God among the hindu religion and we have no right to play any mischeif with their sentiments buy organising a beef festival .

Sill some hydrabadis are stubborn and narrow minded un-fortunately

Your post is somewhat contradictory, from what i read in the article, no cow was slaughtered on the campus, rather the group just wanted to enjoy the Beef delicacies, as you said there is no problem in consuming such. :what:

Back
Top Bottom