What's new

Osmania University beef festival sparks violence

The right to eat steaks is well worth fighting each and every Indian Hindu nutjob that opposes eating of beef.

Why not? The people who want to eat it, can eat it, the people who don't just don't pay for it.

violence over food is utterly stupid, and yes i will fight or the right to eat my steak.... this religious nonsense about beef pork just amazes me every time.

What's the fuss about?

India may become world's largest beef exporter by 2013

I eat both beef and pork. I enjoy both and will continue to do so till my cholesterol allows. I cannot stand chicken. I like fish. But red meat is where the action truly is.

We Parsis offer our mortal remains to God's creatures once we die. I will be damned if I flinch from eating anything that moves if I so desire while I am alive. :D

Every religion should respect other's ethical, moral and social values. Otherwise results are in front of everyone.

BTW "Violent Clash in a college" does not deserve a thread on an international forum.

"Windjammer" just try to post something useful. Hope you will succeed one day!

Pork and Beef can be avoided if it sorts out a hell lot of problems. Isn't it?

Yea, like you who was acknowledging and thanking that idiot who was referring to Pakistan as Porki......

Practice what you preach buster.

For your digressing, all i would say is, unlike the juicy Beef steaks, i highly doubt there is any demand for that. !!

I am all for beef, but an in a religious country like India, the fabric of culture is bonded with mutual respect, if a particular section demands beef, the other may demand pork, both the meats shouldn't have any taboo associated with it ... i personally enjoy both.

fight over meat is utterly stupid, thats all I can say.

For your digressing, all i would say is, unlike the juicy Beef steaks, i highly doubt there is any demand for that. !!
Pork is widely consumed all over India. My Muslim friend does not have any inhibition taking it. I think, those who liked the taste of pork meat, cannot be stopped from taking it.
Yes, Beef Fry is awesome. but not infront of fanatic or religious Hindus who gets offended when they revere Cow, it is wrong.
I believe, few islamists students hands are the reason for this.

I hope Non-Vegeteranism grow in states like Gujarat and Hindus and Muslims sit together enjoying Beef cutlets.:devil:

Yea, like you who was acknowledging and thanking that idiot who was referring to Pakistan as Porki......

Practice what you preach buster.

If you are preaching for the current topic and you have practiced a lot. Indeed, he was right.

And were you reading his comments only? He has got his fate, Why to still cry over here?

Ohhh, I can understand..... Got it.

@ Moderators: Look who is posting Off topic and local news here :lol:

Pork is widely consumed all over India. My Muslim friend does not have any inhibition taking it. I think, those who liked the taste of pork meat, cannot be stopped from taking it.
Yes, Beef Fry is awesome. but not infront of fanatic or religious Hindus who gets offended when they revere Cow, it is wrong.
I believe, few islamists students hands are the reason for this.

I hope Non-Vegeteranism grow in states like Gujarat and Hindus and Muslims sit together enjoying Beef cutlets.:devil:

Can you enlighten me as to what religion Dalits practice in India since they seems to have organised this.

What's the fuss about?

India may become world's largest beef exporter by 2013

I eat both beef and pork. I enjoy both and will continue to do so till my cholesterol allows. I cannot stand chicken. I like fish. But red meat is where the action truly is.

We Parsis offer our mortal remains to God's creatures once we die. I will be damned if I flinch from eating anything that moves if I so desire while I am alive. :D

Im the opposite mate - love chicken. Cant digest beef or lamb.
I find it difficult to comprehend people losing it over a "Beef festival" - havent these got better things to do? Worlds got loads of issues and they want to fight over food choice? Respect and be respected..

It may be ok for us as Indians to say that the right to eat what we desire is a fundamental right, but we should remember that our Constitution has Responsibilities for us as Citizens, as well as Rights.

One of the responsibilities is not to offend another's religious sentiments.

We are also not ivory tower dwellers but pragmatists. Those from my generation know well how pig's heads and cow carcasses have been used to incite communal frenzy leading the thousands of Indians dead.

So we have devised our own system and it works.

Incidents like this are there and should be tackled. But by and large most Indians are pretty careful about the Indian etiquette of food.

I will not go around chomping on salami sandwiches in front of my Muslim friend because I know that while he won't say anything, he won't be comfortable.

Ditto when it comes to beef steak or beef burgers in front of my more oethodox Hindu friends (Jains for example).

Its an integral part of our culture. Something the Westerners (even Hotels and Airlines) still don't get. Its the most natural thing in the world for the woman of the house to discreetly have the entire religious food preferences of the guests mapped beforehand when having dinner or a party at home. Big gatherings with mixed religion crowd will always have culture/religion neutral food (chicken and mutton - often not even the latter).

But if you look at it dispassionately, India eats what it wants to. We just do it with a little bit of class and common sense.

Can you enlighten me as to what religion Dalits practice in India since they seems to have organised this.
the answer will be distasteful towards Hindus. so, I stand neutral. however, Dalits or Harijans ate everything even the taboo things and they are not a homogeneous group. they are not vegetarians. vegetarianism is perhaps a later addition to this country.

Thank God for Pakistan where we can eat beef to our heart's content without any dramas

There is no problem of eating beef in india , i have it on every alternate days in fact there is a Huge chain of halal beef shops rightly located at the center of market in my town. only thing is that u cannot slaughter a cow in front of public for that we have halal slaughtering centers here or any other isolated location .the reason is a cow is a symbol of God among the hindu religion and we have no right to play any mischeif with their sentiments buy organising a beef festival .

Sill some hydrabadis are stubborn and narrow minded un-fortunately

Im the opposite mate - love chicken. Cant digest beef or lamb.
I find it difficult to comprehend people losing it over a "Beef festival" - havent these got better things to do? Worlds got loads of issues and they want to fight over food choice? Respect and be respected..

Dude, they serve a delicacy in Pakistan, called Hunters Beef. Check it out sometimes.....beats the Chrgha any day.

Back
Top Bottom