What's new

Osmania University beef festival sparks violence

lets stick to the topic shall we ?, its about hinduism & ban of beef in more than half of indian states.

it is related to the topic of Indian secularism. any way, you have not provided proof for the claim that more than half of Indian states have banned beef. which means more than 14 states.

have you abused any daleet today ?

Dear dalits hold an exalted position today in India.14.7% seats everywhere are reserved for dalits.There are laws against abusing dalits which could described as draconian.

Here take a look at SC/ST (prevention of atrocities) act,1989.

Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act,1989 | Bare Acts | Law Library | AdvocateKhoj

And there are special constitutional provisions for them

Article 15 {Prohibition of discrimination on grounds of religion, race, caste, sex or place of birth}

The State shall not discriminate against any citizen on grounds only of religion, race, caste, sex, place of birth or any of them.
No citizen shall, on ground only of religion, race, caste, sex, place of birth or any of them, be subject to any disability, liability, restriction or condition with regard to -

1.access to shops, public restaurants, hotels and places of public entertainment; or

2.the use of wells, tanks, bathing ghats, roads and places of public resort maintained whole or partly out of State funds or dedicated to the use of general public.

3.Nothing in this article shall prevent the State from making any special provision for women and children.

4.Nothing in this article or in clause (2) or article 29 shall prevent the State from making any special provision for the advancement of any socially and educationally backward classes of citizens or for the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes.

Article 16 {Equality of opportunity in matters of public employment}

1.There shall be equality of opportunity for all citizens in matters relating to employment or appointment to any office under the State.

2.No citizen shall, on grounds only of religion, race, caste, sex, descent, place of birth, residence or any of them, be ineligible for, or discriminated against in respect of, any employment or office under the State.

3.Nothing in this article shall prevent Parliament from making any law prescribing, in regard to a class or classes of employment or appointment to an office under the Government of, or any local or other authority within, a State or Union territory, any requirement as to residence within that State or Union territory prior to such employment or appointment.

4.Nothing in this article shall prevent the State from making any provision for the reservation of appointments or posts in favour of any backward class of citizens which, in the opinion of the State, is not adequately represented in the services under the State.

(4A) Nothing in this article shall prevent the State from making any provision for reservation in matters of promotion to any class or classes of posts in the services under the State in favour of the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes which, in the opinion of the State, are not adequately represented in the services under the State.

5.Nothing in this article shall affect the operation of any law which provides that the incumbent of an office in connection with the affairs of any religious or denominational institution or any member of the governing body thereof shall be a person professing a particular religion or belonging to a particular denomination.

Article 17 {Abolition of Untouchability}

"Untouchability" is abolished and its practice in any form is forbidden. The enforcement of any disability arising out of "Untouchability" shall be an offence punishable in accordance with law.

Constitution of India/Part III - Wikisource

so much for beef.

have you abused any daleet today ?

Dear dalits hold an exalted position today in India.14.7% seats everywhere are reserved for dalits.There are laws against abusing dalits which could described as draconian.

Here take a look at SC/ST (prevention of atrocities) act,1989.

Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act,1989 | Bare Acts | Law Library | AdvocateKhoj

And there are special constitutional provisions for them

Article 15 {Prohibition of discrimination on grounds of religion, race, caste, sex or place of birth}

The State shall not discriminate against any citizen on grounds only of religion, race, caste, sex, place of birth or any of them.
No citizen shall, on ground only of religion, race, caste, sex, place of birth or any of them, be subject to any disability, liability, restriction or condition with regard to -

1.access to shops, public restaurants, hotels and places of public entertainment; or

2.the use of wells, tanks, bathing ghats, roads and places of public resort maintained whole or partly out of State funds or dedicated to the use of general public.

3.Nothing in this article shall prevent the State from making any special provision for women and children.

4.Nothing in this article or in clause (2) or article 29 shall prevent the State from making any special provision for the advancement of any socially and educationally backward classes of citizens or for the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes.

Article 16 {Equality of opportunity in matters of public employment}

1.There shall be equality of opportunity for all citizens in matters relating to employment or appointment to any office under the State.

2.No citizen shall, on grounds only of religion, race, caste, sex, descent, place of birth, residence or any of them, be ineligible for, or discriminated against in respect of, any employment or office under the State.

3.Nothing in this article shall prevent Parliament from making any law prescribing, in regard to a class or classes of employment or appointment to an office under the Government of, or any local or other authority within, a State or Union territory, any requirement as to residence within that State or Union territory prior to such employment or appointment.

4.Nothing in this article shall prevent the State from making any provision for the reservation of appointments or posts in favour of any backward class of citizens which, in the opinion of the State, is not adequately represented in the services under the State.

(4A) Nothing in this article shall prevent the State from making any provision for reservation in matters of promotion to any class or classes of posts in the services under the State in favour of the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes which, in the opinion of the State, are not adequately represented in the services under the State.

5.Nothing in this article shall affect the operation of any law which provides that the incumbent of an office in connection with the affairs of any religious or denominational institution or any member of the governing body thereof shall be a person professing a particular religion or belonging to a particular denomination.

Article 17 {Abolition of Untouchability}

"Untouchability" is abolished and its practice in any form is forbidden. The enforcement of any disability arising out of "Untouchability" shall be an offence punishable in accordance with law.

Constitution of India/Part III - Wikisource

Someone planning to abuse dalits simply is going to jail for 7 years unless the person lives in a village where no one knows about these laws.

The right to eat steaks is well worth fighting each and every Indian Hindu nutjob that opposes eating of beef.

Why not? The people who want to eat it, can eat it, the people who don't just don't pay for it.
this is what exactly my opinion is. fake over sensitive fundamentalists can go to hell.

Hindus are't strict about not eating beef. Most don't but some do. But beef is usually used to offend Hindus historically. even during Goan inquisition, Hindus were made outcastes by the missionaries smearing beef on their faces .

There are scriptures which define where cow slaughter was banned during tough times such as draught/famine both in islamic, christian & hindu texts but tht was only for short term, later the consumption begun after the draughts/famines were gone.

having said that it would be nice to see how the cows taken away from the slaughter houses are treated, i have heard their situation is far worse than as they die of hunger in cow shelters ? so much for the love for GOW MATAS

What is a Hindu, he can also be Atheist Hindu or liberal Hindu.
here mate enlighten yourself
Atheism in Hinduism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

as a atheist i have every right to eat what i want, not until i am in a facist state called India.

this is what exactly my opinion is. fake over sensitive fundamentalists can go to hell.

so can your fake emotions for cow can go to hell.

it is related to the topic of Indian secularism. any way, you have not provided proof for the claim that more than half of Indian states have banned beef. which means more than 14 states.

no it is not related to the topic by any margin, the topic here is Hinduism & its Facists draconian laws to ban beef to deny poverty ridden muslims & daleets the dietary proteins they need.

Your post is somewhat contradictory, from what i read in the article, no cow was slaughtered on the campus, rather the group just wanted to enjoy the Beef delicacies, as you said there is no problem in consuming such. :what:

I'm puzzled.

What did he say contradictory?

no it is not related to the topic by any margin, the topic here is Hinduism & its Facists draconian laws to ban beef to deny poverty ridden muslims & daleets the dietary proteins they need.
I think it started with banning satanic verses to appease the muslims and then the Hindus wanted special treatment too. so we should first lift the ban on satanic verses. so lets start with it.

I also feel like my creativity is being starved on purpose by preventing me to draw cartoons of prophet mohammad public walls.

they are banned cuz they show religions in bad light, now how is eating beef showing a hinduism in bad light ? it would be interesting to see what are those sentiments which are hurt and what is the base of those sentiments ? i have read hinduism does not really ban beef, if beef can be banned cuz cow is treated as god, then same should good to pig which is avatar of vishnu ?

And actually how does if someone eats beef,it shows Hinduism in bad light.This is the most stupidest logic i have heard from anyone.

First of all i do not have problem with people eating beef.You can eat beef to your heart's content in my presence and lot of my friends do that also.

Regarding Cow being considered as sacred in Hinduism.If Cow is considered as sacred in Hindu religion and you are eating Beef in front of an orthodox hindu,the only thing it proves is that you are an a$$hole who does not have common manners.It in no way reflect poorly of Hindus.

There are scriptures which define where cow slaughter was banned during tough times such as draught/famine both in islamic, christian & hindu texts but tht was only for short term, later the consumption begun after the draughts/famines were gone.

having said that it would be nice to see how the cows taken away from the slaughter houses are treated, i have heard their situation is far worse than as they die of hunger in cow shelters ? so much for the love for GOW MATAS

as a atheist i have every right to eat what i want, not until i am in a facist state called India.

so can your fake emotions for cow can go to hell.
lol cam down n read carefully. I am in favour of beef, cow, pork slaughtering.I was saying I too do have the same opinion which asim said.

Indeed you do even i follow this rule eat what ever moves apart from canabalism(for obvious reason:azn:) and Beef because of cultural insensitivity.

It is banned because of cultural insensitivity that is a big thing in India we Indians are tolerant lot when it comes to beliefs of people and it is a necessity when there diverse group of people.

Pork has been consumed by Dalits here in North India and Beef does not served anywhere even I have not heard any of my friend having beef being non vegetarian.

Most of the people opt for chicken or mutton.

You have led a very sheltered life.

I think it started with banning satanic verses to appease the muslims and then the Hindus wanted special treatment too. so we should first lift the ban on satanic verses. so lets start with it.

I also feel like my creativity is being starved on purpose by preventing me to draw cartoons of prophet mohammad public walls.

lies, lies more lies, beef was banned in india much before satanic verses, the only reason beef is banned in india cuz hindus are scared tht muslims might become physically strong to hindus as beef is a very good source of protein.

Really a joke of the century, i cannot really belive this :rofl: what else can you expect from a facist country with no brains ?

Attention non-indian forumers & lurkers if people can be sent to prison for 10 years just for consumption of beef, what is this & how worse can it really get??

If this is not facism what is facism ? i stand by my assertions india is facist country Period.

Back
Top Bottom