What's new

Osama Dead. Obama Confirms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. OBL was a cash-cow for a Pakistan with an economy and tax-collection system too weak to support its military: as long as the WoT endures, U.S. money flowed, so the ISI wanted OBL alive.

I think the secret to this raid was that Obama ordered it even though he wasn't sure OBL was there. If Obama had been sure, Pakistani counterintelligence would have known this and alerted OBL to move to another location.

Such daring from this U.S. president was something nobody ever suspected.
P050111PS-0210.jpg

President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden, along with members of the national security team, receive an update on the mission against Osama bin Laden in the Situation Room of the White House, May 1, 2011. link

The ever-deceitful ISI has met its match in the steely-eyed poker-faced President Barrack Obama. Don't even think of playing cards with him.

Anywayz ..we congratulate US special forces and Obama to take daring decision and action to kill that evil ghost trying to kill innocent pplz on the name of Islam....to gain power and wealth...and I guess u needa do it in future too...without hesitation...dont even worry about the Pakistan govt ..its nothing just sellouts...give them some dollarz and they will bark for u...LOL

Osama had to live in hiding with 12 of his family members? With the wives?

one important question, i like to raise what about pakistani sovereignty , no one talking about

It will be interesting to see what information "leaks" to the press from the hard drives and other materials taken to the CIA for analysis. IF the Pakistan ISI was protecting Osama, then there may well be info in the hands of the CIA now that names names and places and $$ amounts of donors. So, maybe the CIA will now have "blackmail" material available to hold over the heads of the Pakistani COAS? Ahhhhhhhhhh! The conspiracies that may be "proven" from this raid will be entertaining. But, alas, how will we know who is telling the truth in this drama? The players all lie and make up astonishing stories when it suits them.

Got the pics, got the DNA, got his secrets.

I didnt see them......you got it ? show it to us.

Me, I would have called in the taxidermist and mounted him at Ground Zero: both his friends and foes could assure themselves of his death. However, a fair fraction of the world's Muslims consider him an ideal Muslim and Obama accepted that, hence the burial - out of respect for them, not him.

I have no doubt that USA and president Obama has a lot of respect for that fair fraction of Muslims and I am sure that your govt. would give him a burial according to islam...now as I said...nowhere in islam its said that you have to bury a body within hours of death.....the whole operation was carried out by US special forces without any knowledge of anyone else...did any Pakistani civilian seen the body ?? no....did anyone sen the body or the picture or anything no...I dont doubt that he has been grabbed by US but i dont belive he is dead..not until I see the pics.

ISLAMABAD: A senior Pakistani intelligence official said one of Osama bin Laden’s daughters had seen her father being shot dead by US forces, and was one of about 10 relatives of the al Qaeda leader in custody pending interrogation.

The official, who declined to be identified, said the daughter, aged 12 or 13, was one of the people who had confirmed that the mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks had been killed by US commandos in a raid early on Monday.

The relatives — one of bin Laden’s wives and up to eight children
— will be interrogated and then probably turned over to their countries of origin, and not the United States, in accordance with Pakistani law, he said.

The official said the wife and children were left behind after an American transport helicopter, possibly an MH-60 Sea Hawk, was abandoned because of mechanical problems.

He said there was not enough room for the group on the other helicopters, which were transporting bin Laden’s body, other male captives and the commandos.

A small US strike team dropped by helicopter to bin Laden’s hide-out in Abbottabad, near the Pakistani capital Islamabad, and shot him dead.

The revelation bin Laden had been holed up in a compound in the military garrison town for years has threatened to worsen US ties with nuclear-armed Pakistan, and raised questions over how the al Qaeda leader could live in comfort near Islamabad.

The Pakistani intelligence official acknowledged bin Laden’s whereabouts may cause problems with the United States, and also embarrass Pakistan.

“It looks bad,” he said. “It makes us look like a fool or an idiot. It’s pretty embarrassing.”

But, he added, the CIA had not had any luck finding bin Laden for 10 years either. “Had we known where he was, we would have gotten him ourselves,” the official said.

The White House counterterrorism chief said on Tuesday there was no evidence Pakistani officials knew bin Laden was living at a compound deep inside the country, but the United States was also not ruling out the possibility.

Echoing President Asif Ali Zardari, the Pakistani official said the United States had acted alone in killing bin Laden, and that it had not asked for permission to enter Pakistani airspace.

“There is every possibility that what radars were there (in Abbottabad) were jammed,” the official said, adding that up to 40 commandos had attacked the bin Laden compound.

But he said it was possible that some of the U.S. aircraft used in the raid had come from the Pakistani air base of Ghazi, just 54 km (33 miles) away from Abbottabad, while the transport helicopters possibly came from Afghanistan.

Ghazi was used by the United States for humanitarian relief operations after the floods of 2010.

www.dawn.com - Security Verification

According to his daughter he had been in that house for months, not years.

The media are clueless. They even didn't spot the photoshopped images.

Osama's body in drown in sea, lolz. This is making me suspicious.
This reminds me the dialogue of movie 'The Rock', when a police officer comes to nicolas cage and asks to see the body of sean connery, he says 'body vaporised' hahahahaha.
There is nothing left available to verify the exact date of osama's death.

Another factor is Hero-worship... Who knows somebody would have made nice looking tomb for him and thus he would have been more dangerous dead than alive..

I think Obama has played this extremely nice. USA public needs to believe that Osama is dead and will not entertain too many conspiracy theories about this quick burial. Also the US has used the Islamic Traditions phrase very nicely because most average Americans dont understand much of Islam and will take this on face value. Yhis takes care of his domestic constituency...

In Pakistan and Afghanistan, there will continue to be confusion due to lack of photo/video proof and keeping this area in a fluxed state also benefits USA as it allows them to change their stance when needed..Also lack of surety prevents Osama becoming a martyr

Plus all the valid reasons of not making him a hero and not allowing a tomb to be created

Got the pics, got the DNA, got his secrets. Me, I would have called in the taxidermist and mounted him at Ground Zero: both his friends and foes could assure themselves of his death. However, a fair fraction of the world's Muslims consider him an ideal Muslim and Obama accepted that, hence the burial - out of respect for them, not him.

We dont think him our hero...never...maybe he Western mediaz hero...cuz theve been promoting his agenda everywhere...LOL

This has been explained to you before, but you've decided not to accept it.

The US may not have told Pakistan about the operation itself. But the intelligence that led them to the compound was Pakistani in origin.

That suggests a substantial Pakistani role.

considering that OBL was in pakistan, it would be odd if the source wasnt pakistani at some level.

if ISI was aware of OBL's location, why didnt PA grab him first. it would have been much easier, with so many more resources so much closer

Looking on the ISPR website the entire day nothing on it. No statement from any military personell as well.I just hope when they come out they come out with some game plan on this ILLEGAL OPERATION on our motherland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom