What's new

'Osama bin Laden is living in Washington': Ahmadinejad

its really sad that you dont like him he is the only man in the entire world who can stand upto america there is no wrong to pursue peaceful nuclear energy and america have no rights against speaking about iran even if you have joined NPT. even your supreme leader dont have any probs with him you must be a lone wolf in the pack.

sloooooooooooooooooooooow down lol
If he was doing positive things for Iran why would I hate him?? I hate what America is doing in the ME.
The problem isn't his Anti Americanism and standing up to the west! All of us Iranians are like him in that regard (although his extreme views aren't shared by us Iranians completely). Our problem is the ECONOMY

The previous administration received 66 billion dollars a year from selling oil and yet they managed to reduce inflation to under 9 percent. Ahmadinejad's administration had nearly 300 BILLION FROM OIL SALES ALONE 2 YEARS AGO!!!!!! That's 5 times the income in an amazingly short time! Our GDP has been going up by like 60 billion each year under Ahmadi but inflation keeps going higher and higher and higher! People were having better lives when our GDP was 1/4 of today! Were is that oil money going????? Why is the inflation so high?????
All oil producing countries managed to save BILLIONS when oil prices jumped up except Iran and that makes no sense. When you're feeding people and paying the countries debt with 66 billion and 2 years later you're making 300 billion there is no reason that you can not save money but somehow Ahmadinejad's glorious economic policies managed to put Iran under more economic pressure!
The guys has a big mouth and that's it. All he can do is talk.

sloooooooooooooooooooooow down lol
If he was doing positive things for Iran why would I hate him?? I hate what America is doing in the ME.
The problem isn't his Anti Americanism and standing up to the west! All of us Iranians are like him in that regard (although his extreme views aren't shared by us Iranians completely). Our problem is the ECONOMY

The previous administration received 66 billion dollars a year from selling oil and yet they managed to reduce inflation to under 9 percent. Ahmadinejad's administration had nearly 300 BILLION FROM OIL SALES ALONE 2 YEARS AGO!!!!!! That's 5 times the income in an amazingly short time! Our GDP has been going up by like 60 billion each year under Ahmadi but inflation keeps going higher and higher and higher! People were having better lives when our GDP was 1/4 of today! Were is that oil money going????? Why is the inflation so high?????
All oil producing countries managed to save BILLIONS when oil prices jumped up except Iran and that makes no sense. When you're feeding people and paying the countries debt with 66 billion and 2 years later you're making 300 billion there is no reason that you can not save money but somehow Ahmadinejad's glorious economic policies managed to put Iran under more economic pressure!
The guys has a big mouth and that's it. All he can do is talk.

What you are saying is very short term scenario in a long run iran needs nuclear energy to run its economy.Your country is too dependant on oil and yes there will be inflation if you have sanctions on to you we also face it in 90's and its disastrous.Well for me with ahmed e nijad or not in the gov if you guys are after nuclear technology america will put sanctions on you unless you become ally of america its not because of his big mouth even if gov change youll see the same thing

Certainly A man protecting his own country is more wise than a man invading countries but never finding a trace of WMD OR OBL.

This fellow knows really well, how to handle US GoV AND ITS JOURNALISTS.

It is very unlikely for United States to attack Iran as an aggressor. However, without doubt an Iranian attack on Israel will bring down American missiles on Iran.

One point to remember is that even though Iranians might achieve nuclear weapons (I just hope they don't, at least not this clerical, fundamentalist government that is obsessed with violence and war-mongering), even then they lack the mechanism to launch nuclear strikes on USA, while American missiles are can easily hit Iran, nuclear or conventional.

Therefore, there won't be any change with all the three pointing guns at each other here; unless of course, the clerics want to destroy their beautiful country for their selfish obsession against another country.

the bold part: i think its a wrong definition of Iran and its the correct definition of Israel. and guess what israel already have nukes..

What you are saying is very short term scenario in a long run iran needs nuclear energy to run its economy.Your country is too dependant on oil and yes there will be inflation if you have sanctions on to you we also face it in 90's and its disastrous.Well for me with ahmed e nijad or not in the gov if you guys are after nuclear technology america will put sanctions on you unless you become ally of america its not because of his big mouth even if gov change youll see the same thing

Up until 2003 when an Iranian-American spy told the world about our program we were doing w/ever we wanted and even after we didn't stop except for two years which were under Ahmadinejad himself. Our nuclear program is dear to our hearts and it has nothing to do with who is president. The inflation problem has NOTHING TO DO W/ SANCTIONS what so ever. You see, Ahmadinejad came to power because he promised to fix the economy. Unlike what you always hear, his support isn't completely from the poor. His support came from both the rich and the poor all over Iran. He promised a lot and when oil prices hiked up to unprecedented amounts he saw an opportunity. He started giving out ridiculous loans and pumping money directly into the street instead of investing it and creating jobs. A couple of years ago I could go to the bank and ask for a loan to buy a fridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Students were getting cheques to pay for expense. Villages were getting random subsidies. can you believe that? what idiotic policy is that? Pumping 300 billion directly into the economy creates catastrophic inflation and they still did it. The inflation hiked up to almost 30 percent before starting to fall down again. Over night the price of meat went from 1.5 dollars a kilo to 5-6 dollars! You don't hand a cheque to a poor man. You build a factory and give him a job!
That's why millions were in the street protesting after the June elections. Religious, poor, rich, student, mother, father, war veteran etc... These morons in power today are nothing but a bunch of fools that don't even understand simple economy and Ahmadinejad is their mouth piece.

another brainwashed zombie
your American masters must be proud
Switzerland has no master, my man. We are free people with free will. On the contrary United States is your master when it comes to you being called a naturalized Canadian citizen and therefore a contributor to NATO. My reference to clerical regime of Iran being war-mongering is simply because of Mr. Ahmedinejad's insatiable desire to "wipe Israel off the map". Any sane person would call such a leader as a sabre-rattler who desires the elimination of another sovereign country with which it doesn't share any borders, holds no territorial disputes or disagreements and yet aims its annihilation.

Palestinian-Israeli conflict is their internal matter and in no way is it affecting Iranian territory or government. Both you and I know that these very words have been mentioned in international newspapers and worldwide sources. Mr. Ahmedinejad and his government's problem is the same as many sympathizers of a "theocratic global union" mention here; police other country's matters on religious grounds. This is not a two-way conflict but one way aggression.

In no statement have I mentioned that Iranian people are war-mongers. It is just their clerical government that is a problem to their own public.

I don't know man, I saw him at the local Denny's eating Cornflakes..

Switzerland has no master, my man. We are free people with free will. On the contrary United States is your master when it comes to you being called a naturalized Canadian citizen and therefore a contributor to NATO. My reference to clerical regime of Iran being war-mongering is simply because of Mr. Ahmedinejad's insatiable desire to "wipe Israel off the map". Any sane person would call such a leader as a sabre-rattler who desires the elimination of another sovereign country with which it doesn't share any borders, holds no territorial disputes or disagreements and yet aims its annihilation.

Palestinian-Israeli conflict is their internal matter and in no way is it affecting Iranian territory or government. Both you and I know that these very words have been mentioned in international newspapers and worldwide sources. Mr. Ahmedinejad and his government's problem is the same as many sympathizers of a "theocratic global union" mention here; police other country's matters on religious grounds. This is not a two-way conflict but one way aggression.

In no statement have I mentioned that Iranian people are war-mongers. It is just their clerical government that is a problem to their own public.

yeap, you're a fox news zombie alright
stopped reading right after you said the "wipe off the map" myth

When Ahmadinejad was speaking a translator by the name of Arash Norouzi translated his comment as "Israel should be wiped off the map" and American media couldn't be more glad. They know that this is the wrong translation but millions of people need convincing, people like you.
This was his comment.

"Imam ghoft een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad."

That passage will mean nothing to most people, but one word might ring a bell: rezhim-e. It is the word "Regime", pronounced just like the English word with an extra "eh" sound at the end. Ahmadinejad did not refer to Israel the country or Israel the land mass, but the Israeli regime. This is a vastly significant distinction, as one cannot wipe a regime off the map. Ahmadinejad does not even refer to Israel by name, he instead uses the specific phrase "rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods" (regime occupying Jerusalem).

So this raises the question.. what exactly did he want "wiped from the map"? The answer is: nothing. That's because the word "map" was never used. The Persian word for map, "nagsheh", is not contained anywhere in his original Persian quote, or, for that matter, anywhere in his entire speech. Nor was the western phrase "wipe out" ever said. Yet we are led to believe that Iran's President threatened to "wipe Israel off the map", despite never having uttered the words "map", "wipe out" or even "Israel"

The full quote translated directly to English: "The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time".

Word by word translation: Imam (Khomeini) ghoft (said) een (this) rezhim-e (regime) ishghalgar-e (occupying) qods (Jerusalem) bayad (must) az safheh-ye ruzgar (from page of time) mahv shavad (vanish from)

don't worry, they aren't going to do anything. the US backs down if you actually have the capability to hit back hard.

Nima, thank you for the detailed explanation. Yet translation isn't just a word-by-word thing, the goal is to translate the concept of the speaker.

It seems Arash Norouzi got it 95% correct, the key difference being that where the Narouzi version had the word "should", as in, "expected to", which is passive and involves doing nothing, Nima's version has "must", implying the imperative: something people are to actively work at bringing about.

Coming from the purported leader, or at least definitive mouthpiece, of his regime one can only conclude that not only did Ahmedinejad advocate Israel be wiped from the map, but that he considers it a goal that his government is trying to make happen. So far from contradicting Parashuram1, Nima, you've pretty well reinforced what he wrote, wouldn't you agree?

Nima, thank you for the detailed explanation. Yet translation isn't just a word-by-word thing, the goal is to translate the concept of the speaker.

It seems Arash Norouzi got it 95% correct, the key difference being that where the Narouzi version had the word "should", as in, "expected to", which is passive and involves doing nothing, Nima's version has "must", implying the imperative: something people are to actively work at bringing about.

Coming from the purported leader, or at least definitive mouthpiece, of his regime one can only conclude that not only did Ahmedinejad advocate Israel be wiped from the map, but that he considers it a goal that his government is trying to make happen. So far from contradicting Parashuram1, Nima, you've pretty well reinforced what he wrote, wouldn't you agree?

Are you on Israel's pay roll?
What you say is so pathetic that I feel insulted.
lets try again.

According to the West Ahmadinejad said "Israel should be wiped off the map"

BUT

1) THE WORD MAP WAS NOT USED
2) THE WORD ISRAEL WAS NOT USED
3) THE PHRASE WIPED OFF THE MAP WAS NOT USED
4) W/EVER HE SAID WEREN'T EVEN HIS OWN WORDS, HE WAS QUOTING IMAM KHOMAINI!!!! For 31 years you guys managed to over look that but suddenly this whole thing became really impt eh?
5) I remember McCain singing "bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran" in front of live TV. I also remember Hillary saying that "we will obliterate Iran."
6) you fail at propaganda, try again

Nima no he isnt paid by israel.hes just a jew
..................america is always the war mongorer and war starter.
Ur isreal doesnt give a shyt abt USA even not as a courtesy as being USAs lap dog.
Illegal settlements?
Peace talks?
etc etc.
Iran has every right to have Nuke tech for peaceful purposes.and even nuke ones.
They were not the people who nuked hiroshima,nagasaki.....
They arent having nukes like isreal...
They are not terrorising a whole region.......
Infact the best part there leader arent like Pakistani leader
There leaders have self respect and dont give a crap about USA or its threatning B.S.......
In the end
I support Iran like other Pakistanis.
We support Iran in a future conflict with israel or USA.
I myself and many others will volunteer to fight........bullys or so called world cops or global terrorist.
Thanks.
Long live IRAN.Long Live Pakistan
Death to low life scums or enemies of both countries.

Its been speculated in approx. 100 years there won't be any Jewish people left in Israel. This would cause Israel to not exist anymore.

The Jewish people aren't reproducing quick enough. Out of the 5 million Israelis 1 million are Muslim.

Total Jewish population worldwide is approx. 15 million. Their population is declining.

Nima no he isnt paid by israel.hes just a jew
..................america is always the war mongorer and war starter.
Ur isreal doesnt give a shyt abt USA even not as a courtesy as being USAs lap dog.
Illegal settlements?
Peace talks?
etc etc.
Iran has every right to have Nuke tech for peaceful purposes.and even nuke ones.
They were not the people who nuked hiroshima,nagasaki.....
They arent having nukes like isreal...
They are not terrorising a whole region.......
Infact the best part there leader arent like Pakistani leader
There leaders have self respect and dont give a crap about USA or its threatning B.S.......
In the end
I support Iran like other Pakistanis.
We support Iran in a future conflict with israel or USA.
I myself and many others will volunteer to fight........bullys or so called world cops or global terrorist.
Thanks.
Long live IRAN.Long Live Pakistan
Death to low life scums or enemies of both countries.

Nah screw Iran. We don't want them to have nukes. They will be a threat to Pakistan. And don't bring they are Islamic state into this. It is not in Pakistan's best interest for Iran to have nukes. They will destablize the region with nukes and this will create an arms race as the Arabs will want to have nukes too.

And no we don't support Iran in a future conflict with Isreal or U.S.A. You out of your mind?..... support Iran in a conflict with U.S.A., we are not going to bite the hand that is giving us money and military weapons.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom