What's new

Option's for PAF ?

Dude, J-10B can take on Rafale and Eurofighter. All 3 aircraft are the pinnacle of the 4th generation of fighter jets.

J-20 and J-31 are designed to take on F-22.

They may be designed for that but that doesn't mean they can get the job done.I'm designed for being a billionaire but it's not panning out for me so far.

The only way a J10B can take on the Rafale is on a 5/1 scenario.1 Rafale with 4 MICA/METEOR=4 J10 kills,than after Rafale runs out of AA missiles the 5th J10 has a fighting chance.

On topic :to match the Rafale nothing short of latest F15's,F16 Blk61,Eurofighters,F35's can get the job done.Anything else,i'm afraid is just a sitting duck.

They may be designed for that but that doesn't mean they can get the job done.I'm designed for being a billionaire but it's not panning out for me so far.

The only way a J10B can taken on the Rafale is on a 5/1 scenario.1 Rafale with 4 MICA/METEOR=4 J10 kills,than after Rafale runs out of AA missiles the 5th J10 has a fighting chance.

On topic :to match the Rafale nothing short of latest F15's,F16 Blk61,Eurofighters,F35's can get the job done.Anything else,i'm afraid is just a sitting duck.

So one J-10B equipped with 6 BVRAAMs and radar guidance provided by the brand new KJ-500 AWACs
can destroy 6 Rafales then? No way Rafale can jam KJ-500 radar - far too powerful and will simply burn through any attempts to jam it.

The hit-rate of BVRAAMs is anyway not that great - they are more likely to miss than hit.

F-15s and F-16s are a fair bit inferior to Eurofighter and Rafale in air-combat.

So one J-10B equipped with 6 BVRAAMs and radar guidance provided by the brand new KJ-500 AWACs
can destroy 6 Rafales then? No way Rafale can jam KJ-500 radar - far too powerful and will simply burn through any attempts to jam it.

The hit-rate of BVRAAMs is anyway not that great - they are more likely to miss than hit.

F-15s and F-16s are a fair bit inferior to Eurofighter and Rafale in air-combat.
Guess which awacs the rafale will come with.

Long range sams and save money to invest in thunder and 5th generation.
J-10B is a good option but keeping in mind the rate at which Rafale deal is progressing 36 jets would take some time to come.

2 sqds of J-11Bs.
Is it offered to PAF?

india is buying 3 sqs of f-35 for navy. if russki piss them off a bit too much they might cancel fgfa and go in for more f35 and develop their own amca.
You need to see a doctor asap, you have severe problem of making up things on your own.

You're overestimating Chinese claims.Calm down,if their exagerations would be real people wouldn't be paying three times the amount for Western jets.Egypt would have swimmed in J10's instead of paying a premium for the Rafale.People in the military are not stupid to buy a 150 million $ plane instead of a 50 million $ one.The Problem if your neighbour has that 150 million plane it's not wise to waste 150 million $ on 3 targets for it,but match him with the same quality.

Even Pakistan Army jumped at the occasion of snatching American helos at a high price instead of Chinese ones,they would have done the same with Western subs if the money were there.Same for F16's blk 52 instead of J10's.I could go on and on with examples.I know you're a fanboy of Chinese stuff but sometimes there's no other option but bite the bullet and accept obvious reality.

You're overestimating Chinese claims.Calm down,if their exagerations would be real people wouldn't be paying three times the amount for Western jets.Egypt would have swimmed in J10's instead of paying a premium for the Rafale.People in the military are not stupid to buy a 150 million $ plane instead of a 50 million $ one.The Problem if your neighbour has that 150 million plane it's not wise to waste 150 million $ on 3 targets for it,but match him with the same quality.

Even Pakistan Army jumped at the occasion of snatching American helos at a high price instead of Chinese ones,they would have done the same with Western subs if the money were there.Same for F16's blk 52 instead of J10's.I could go on and on with examples.I know you're a fanboy of Chinese stuff but sometimes there's no other option but bite the bullet and accept obvious reality.

J-10A was not as good as Rafale and Eurofighter for sure.

J-10B has only recently been delivered to the Chinese air-force. There is no way it is ready to be put on the international market now and it could not be anyway till the Russian engine is replaced with a domestic one.

Let us wait till J-10B has been evaluated by air-forces before dismissing it as an inferior jet.

Last edited:

Rafael for Egypt are financed by French Treasury that's why they have gone for that.
American helos are being procured because we have huge maintenance facility and trained crew for them already same goes with F-16 because you know it's take a lot of time and resources to induct new platforms.

Seem like you are laughing at your post too...

IAF know that its not 90s any more, they will have to pay heavy price of any misadventure now.

Oh yes I have heard of HQ-9.....A Chinese copy of S-300(which btw India has.)..
but you don't have it.

LY-60/80 - Pls we are talking about modern long range SAMs ..not upgraded 60s tech...with 18Km range(the export version).

please get your facts straight:

HQ-16A LY-80 ground to air defence missile system technical data sheet specifications pictures video | China Chinese army missile systems vehicles | Chinese China army military equipment armoured UK
HQ-9 is not copy of S-300 its new systems with advance electronics which S-300 don't have, China is adding AESA radars, new upgraded missiles to its SAM systems rapidly which make them very potent.

This was what HQ-9 few years back and that system is still evolving:

CPMIEC HQ-9 / HHQ-9 / FD-2000 / FT-2000 Self Propelled AirDefence System

LOL - so Rafale beat F-16 Block 52 only 6-2!

F-16 block 52 is equivalent to J-10A and J-10B is a superior fighter

Another ridiculous claim.

Simple fact: No way that a cash strapped nation like Pakistan with a Military known for making the best out a shoe string budget would have ever paid for new F16's blk52's (with the risk of sanctions on top) if they could buy 3-4 J10's A for those money.It only makes sense if the Pakistanis knew the difference in quality and their think tanks knew it.On that you can bet the farm.These are facts,yours are wild claims.

Rafael for Egypt are financed by French Treasury that's why they have gone for that.
American helos are being procured because we have huge maintenance facility and trained crew for them already same goes with F-16 because you know it's take a lot of time and resources to induct new platforms.

New training or not ,there's no way that your higher military echelons wouldn't have bought 3/4 J10's per 1 F16BLK 52 if the Chinese variant would even come close to the American one.

You are making it in hypothetical way I answered in same manner all you assumption are based on indian invasion scenarios of Pakistan which likely be impractical in nature operation like these are planned by taking every point in their consideration. Your queries are based on Hypothetical situation of invasion and PAF defence statergies against it. your statergies mainly based on 1965 and 71 if the Indian blitzkrieg occurred again like Dhaka.

Nope, its totally different because the IBGs strike is new concept from India combining IAF, IN & IA assets, that is why PAF, PN & PA is combining their assets (NCW) to defend its territory and if Pakistan can maintain air dominance over its skies it can annihilate advancing IBGs.

and if Pakistan can maintain air dominance over its skies it can annihilate advancing IBGs.

All three Arms of PA ; PN and PAF will feel the pressure from Indian Military

There is no question of you dominating us ; you can only hold for a while

This is fantasy stuff man. The only improvements the block II saw over the block ! was the addition of an IFR (and even that not on the first 20 or so units) some new Chinese EW systems (because Western firms blocked the sale of their systems for the JF-17) and a datalink and now you are talking about the block 3 having a EODAS and an AESA radar ?

As it stands the JF-17 block II is about as capable as the very bottom rung of the IAF's firepower ladder- the LCA Mk.1, forget about the LCA Mk.2.

Yes we are talking about EODAS and AESA radar for block-3 of JF-17 because now China have that tech ready and they have installed it in their jets too.

All three Arms of PA ; PN and PAF will feel the pressure from Indian Military

There is no question of you dominating us ; you can only hold for a while

Its not about dominating India you fool, its about dominating own skies and territory.

Back
Top Bottom