What's new

Options for PAF After India Selects Rafale for MMRCA

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 12 years atleast you selected aircraft :rofl:
Effect of delayed 12 year decision means You are paying 35% more Price.

Even assume that you get 5th generation Fighter in next 5 year(which seems not possible). World is change now. AWACS can be game changer. It can see first before PAK FA or other modern jet enters in space. SO, more time for our jet to tackle her move.
By the way.at this time there is high possibility our economy will improve as it was in 2005, we would be producing JFT,2,3,4 blocks. More j10bs and J2x program.

No need to worry about rafale. J17 blocks can take care.

For this time, Economy, Economy and economy. Soon, we can produce beautiful gadgets

Options for PAF ARE
At-least get 12 AWACS till 2016 because more blocks of jf17 and j10 will come.

Currently The hi tech passive stealth capability and spectra ew suite makes rafale the best strike platform in operation today.

This is why in LIBYA it was rafale jamming libyan sam sites, libyan radars, leading the knock out blows.

THE OLDER F16/52 & MIRAGE2000-5 FOLLOWED behind to do the donkey work

Are PAF early warning and sam systems good enough to deal with 4.5 generation omnirole fighters

PAF in conjunction with ground-based air defence would assume that role just fine....MANPADS like our RBS-70 (we can discuss other unmanned SAM systems / fire and forget systems etc. in the relevant threads) enable anti-aircraft units at the tactical level to perform the following tasks: attrition in depth and over a wide area of enemy air units operating at a low level (i.e. area defence) ; defence of the units and facilities of own ground forces (i.e. point defence) ; seal off of low-level air corridors which could be used by enemy combat planes attempting to evade own radar defences (i.e. plugging the gaps in own air defences)

In the case of area defence, Pakistan would have no problem to break up, harass and destroy attacking enemy indian air formations or else to force them up into the higher altitudes where they can be tackled under the best possible conditions by our interceptors --which will be waiting calmly for them

assuming Pakistani AF has the homefield advantage and is defending, your Rafales or whatever else you throw our way will just become the same things your Migs, Hunters and Mysteres became in 1965......mere cannon fodder, target practice.

followed by fantastic fireworks show

Which economy is this..

the last time i checked you people are on your knees financially... and hardly any gdp growth for years and years.

What exactly is a jft 2 3 & 4 suppose to be lol ... (i get block 1 to work properly first)

at least be realistic civillian

Don't worry, our economy will get PACE as this is Last year of the government. No chance of this government again. You can read any international survey if you want. And we will kick out these bloody politicians. This is confirmed.

Which economy is this..

the last time i checked you people are on your knees financially...

no we arent....IMF loans are due and Pakistan, in the interests of meeting its debt obligations on time (which it ALWAYS has) does not have money to spare. Doesnt mean we are ''on our knees financially'' :laugh:

and hardly any gdp growth for years and years.

hardly any growth, but there is growth nevertheless --even in our worst form. Better than no growth. The economy is still growing, not shrinking.

Years and years? We were among the top performers in the entire Asian continent less than a decade ago and there's no reason why we wont achieve the same again. Not the proper place to discuss this topic though.

What exactly is a jft 2 3 & 4 suppose to be lol ...

so i suppose all the analysts (non-Pakistani ones) at Farnborough and Izmir were just crazy.......let me guess, they were on ISI payroll right?

(i get block 1 to work properly first)

despite its very young age, it's working great! And future ones will be working even better :)

fraction of the cost; yet similar capabilities as modern western fighters that cost 3-4 times as much

at least be realistic civillian

i know this wasnt directed at me.....but how silly to see an indian civilian call out a Pakistani civilian on a Pakistan Defence Forum........you and your indo people enjoy a lot of rights here to be yapping. :)

What the hell Indian Posters are doing here. Let Pakistan sought it out. Within next 10 years Pakistan will be back to normal, be able to afford all good war machines. Then India will be adjusting things around to counter Pakistani capabilities. Its a game of cat and mouse and going to be like this forever.

The Important point at present is that Pakistanis have started thinking about contingencies and future planes to find parity with IAF, thus Indians can relax for a while now. But the Irony here with Indian posters is that they are not only tipping Pakistani friends with good or bad suggestions but getting banned and trading harsh words from their counterparts.

Inducting a new jet was long due for IAF and many precious lives were lost because of the delay.

A fairly dangerous assumption is it not?

Given the context of what VCheng and I were discussing - a limited flareup, I think not. And given India's interest in Pakistan not face an existential threat, I think not. But then again, there are much more smarter brains in Indian bureaucracy who have played out various scenarios and would know what to expect given the conditions of the day. Diplomacy would be more than enough to safeguard India's interests vis-a-vis Pakistan. Isnt that one of the reasons why India did not attack Pakistan post 26/11?

Indian Air Force world Records!!

Indian pilots better than any chinese or pakistani out there..

THIS IS WHY!!

Last edited by a moderator:
PAF Block-52s equipped for SEAD and other special missions.

F09-78848.jpg

26275710150302951162812.jpg

155841_45162000_F-16_bk52_c_amraam.jpg

Sorry but that's not correct!

Block 50D/52D Wild Weasel F-16CJ (CJ means block 50) comes in C-Model (1 seat) and D-Model (2 seat) versions. It is best recognized for its ability to carry the AGM-88 HARM and the AN/ASQ-213 HARM Targeting System (HTS) in the suppression of enemy air defenses [SEAD] mission. The HTS allows HARM to be employed in the range-known mode providing longer range shots with greater target specificity.This specialized version of the F-16, which can also carry the ALQ-119 Electronic Jamming Pod for self protection , became the sole provider for Air Force SEAD missions when the F-4G Wild Weasel was retired from the Air Force inventory. The lethal SEAD mission now rests solely on the shoulders of the F-16 Harm Targeting System. Although F-18s and EA-6Bs are HARM capable, the F-16 provides the ability to use the HARM in its most effective mode. The original concept called for teaming the F-15 Precision Direction Finding (PDF) and the F-16 HTS. Because this teaming concept is no longer feasible, the current approach calls for the improvement of the HTS capability. The improvement will come from the Joint Emitter Targeting System (JETS), which facilitates the use of HARM's most effective mode when launched from any JETS capable aircraft.

F-16C/D Fighting Falcon

f-16cj_021224-f-2751g-032.jpg

The fighters you showed offers strike weapons like Maverick, Paveway LGBs or JDAM and the Sniper targeting pod, which is not enough for SEAD.
PAF will use these F16s in CAS and deep strike roles possibly, while the only option for SEAD should be JF 17 and MAR 1 ARM. It should also be the only option with might get dedicated jaming pods (self protection pods are not the same!), which again hints to SEAD.

Slow rate production has resulted in a regiment being sanctioned for them..
The Chinese may not induct the J-10B in any meaningful numbers as their next induction is geared towards a generation jump.
The FC-20 of the PAF however is not on a concrete timetable as it depends on the variable of funds.
Only the JF-17's and F-16's are certain.
PLA will induct J10b in great number to dilute the production cost. No army force will reject a offer with AESA radar, advanced avionics, JHMCS, super cruise WS10b engine with the best 4.5++ airframe, low RCS....

Especially J10b is not that expensive per 42millions dollars per unit.

Especially J10b is not that expensive per 42millions dollars per unit.

Cost effectiveness is one of the best feature of J-10B, but still JF-17 Blk II is the ac to rely on for mmrca, J-10B is to counter MKIs

every one is shouting of funds dfunds funds..FC20 project isnt that much costly that it would require tremendous funds..with current budget PAF can easily manage 36 fc-20s at cost of 1.4 billion(out of PAF total budget of about 2 billion dollars )
didnt we brought most expensive F-16s during the financial crisis of early 90s

Sorry but that's not correct!

F-16C/D Fighting Falcon

f-16cj_021224-f-2751g-032.jpg

The fighters you showed offers strike weapons like Maverick, Paveway LGBs or JDAM and the Sniper targeting pod, which is not enough for SEAD.
PAF will use these F16s in CAS and deep strike roles possibly, while the only option for SEAD should be JF 17 and MAR 1 ARM. It should also be the only option with might get dedicated jaming pods (self protection pods are not the same!), which again hints to SEAD.

Say whatever you want dude. When your people see F-16s, you start pissing in your pants.
They are battle proven, and more advanced F-16s like these will always be a threat regardless of SEAD or not SEAD

Last edited by a moderator:
Cost effectiveness is one of the best feature of J-10B, but still JF-17 Blk II is the ac to rely on for mmrca, J-10B is to counter MKIs
I thought J10B is good enough taking on Rafale.but if PAF want to take on MKI, J-11B is needed. But J-10b will render PAF the ability to deep strike, J-10B is more like Rafale not EFT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom