What's new

Opposition Rally in Dhaka - Potential Turning Point in Bangladesh

Lets hope it doesn't turn out to be another damp squid like the Mar1 boycott of Indian goods.
I am on democracy's side in all this. Let truth and justice prevail.

Lets hope it doesn't turn out to be another damp squid like the Mar1 boycott of Indian goods.
I am on democracy's side in all this. Let truth and justice prevail.

Please ignore these indian squatters and their comments.

I am surprised this is not trending in twitter, kids in bangladesh should start tweeting, folks from the rally should start using twitter awell.

Indian Army should be on a Stand y Mode.

We don't want another Islamist Take over like Maldives!

As far as I know after all the restrictions there are already enough people there for a mega sized normal rally. All roads including those connecting DHAKA to outside are virtually empty.

Opposition rally stretches beyond 'limits'

Mon, Mar 12th, 2012 1:21 pm BdST

Dhaka, Mar 12 (bdnews24.com) – The opposition rally, set to start on Monday afternoon, has already spread beyond the demarcated area despite police obstruction at entrances to Naya Paltan area.

Supporters of main opposition BNP and its key ally Jamaat-e-Islami started streaming into the street in front of the BNP headquarters at Naya Paltan since morning.

They came in groups and with processions. Police barred some of the processions at Karwan Bazar, Moghbazar, Babubazar and Motijheel.

bdnews24.com correspondents said from the scene that the rally venue extended from AGB Colony at Motijheel to Kakrail intersection by noon.

Police gave a condition that BNP supporters can gather from Fakirerpool in the east to Nightingale Bar intersection in the west.

BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia is likely to announce fresh agitation plans from the rally.

Opposition rally stretches beyond 'limits' | Politics | bdnews24.com

As far as I know after all the restrictions there are already enough people there for a mega sized normal rally. All roads including those connecting DHAKA to outside are virtually empty.

Any news of any police brutality, brother?

Minister hides car flag!

Mon, Mar 12th, 2012 1:27 pm BdST

Dhaka, Mar 12 (bdnews24.com)—A ruling Awami League minister hid the flag on his car when confronted with a BNP procession in the capital's Kakrail.

The vehicle carrying social welfare minister Enamul Haque Mostofa Shahid ran into a procession of the opposition supporters near the Institution of Diploma Engineers around Monday noon, the bdnews24.com chief crime correspondent reported.

The minister's security officials promptly put the vehicle's flag away to avoid any untoward incident and sped away from the scene, he added

Minister hides car flag! | Politics | bdnews24.com

Back
Top Bottom