What's new

Opinionated - What is wrong in Pakistan?

LeGenD

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I had the opportunity to travel on the GT road and it gave me "perspective."

1. Disorganized traffic situation and absolute lack of lane discipline. Heavy vehicles move on every lane instead of sticking to the left most lane.

2. GT road outside military sectors is well-developed with road pavement, road markings, and functioning lights. But much of it is broken and dark outside civilian sectors.

3. GT road has a lot of opening(s) in its midpoint when passing through a city. This leads to traffic jams and risky crossing opportunities around a city. There is no such thing as development of underpasses and flyovers to fix this problem.

These observations lead to following questions:

Q1. Why development and governance is so weak in civilian sectors of the country?

Q2. Why Pakistani civilians live like a "hajoom" and not like a "qom"?

No wonder those in the armed forces look down upon civilians in this country because they see lack of development, lack of governance, and disorganization in numerous civilian sectors of the country.

Many complain about the political situation of the country but there is hardly any focus on following:

1. Why provincial government(s) and by extension Public institutions do not do their job?

2. How development funds are misappropriated? Who is involved in misappropriation of these funds?

3. Why Pakistani political system is so expensive and elitist in its structure? Who benefits from this type of system? Does Parliamentary form of governance suit Pakistan?

I refuse to pin the entirety of the blame on the establishment for the above. Pakistani politicians and elitists in general are equally to blame for the above if not more.

Many in the Public will be quick to blame the jews and foreign agencies for everything that is wrong in this country. They FAIL to see that Pakistani elitists from all walks of life are "set in their ways" at their expense. Conspiracy theories are but a means to divert attention from real problems of the country.

No wonder Pakistan finds itself in such a bad shape and fails to become a (globally respected) "qom."

No wonder Pakistan finds itself in such a bad shape and fails to become a (globally respected) "qom."
Pakistan needs many reforms to overcome the difficult situations it is facing on various fronts

According to me the foremost step that needs to be taken is that "NOBODY" in TOP RANKING positions in Legislature, Judiciary, Bureaucracy and Defence should be allowed to emigrate after retirement.

Many in the Public will be quick to blame the jews and foreign agencies for everything that is wrong in this country. They FAIL to see that Pakistani elitists from all walks of life are "set in their ways" at their expense. Conspiracy theories are but a means to divert attention from real problems of the country.

Just a question, if I may: what percentage of the blame falls on the public itself, in your opinion? May be the people are just fine with the way things are actually, since they are not too bothered by what you describe to do anything to change it at all.

Firstly, infrastructure needs to be greatly improved.

Homes need to be properly built with running water, electricity etc.

After we get these basic human necessities sorted, we can step up to other basic human necessities like justice and medical care.

We need to start at the foundations again

A system that runs on nepotism, corruption and personal favours is the opposite of meritocracy.

You have undeserving and unqualified people in most positions, and the outcome is what you see around you. A complete and utter mess.

Deserving people simply don't get a chance to be in positions that allow them to make a positive change. It's the same everywhere in Pakistan from the most important national institutions to smaller local ones.

The current governance system (parliamentary democracy) doesn't work in Pak. There are too many bad apples who act on their own interests rather than the countries. The political parties are so toxic to the extent they would rather see the country burn than lose face themselves. All the institutions baring the armed forces are extremely weak, they are paralyzed with corruption, infighting, bickering.

I think to fix this a new governance system with strong accountability across all key institutions is required. Even a military dictatorship which has a rotational COAS system is better than what Pak has now IMO. Someone who can get the job done, make difficult decisions in the interest of the country and not be hampered by internal strife is what is needed, probably for 10 or more years to stabilise and get the country moving in the right direction.

1. Disorganized traffic situation and absolute lack of lane discipline. Heavy vehicles move on every lane instead of sticking to the left most lane.

2. GT road outside military sectors is well-developed with road pavement, road markings, and functioning lights. But much of it is broken and dark outside civilian sectors.

3. GT road has a lot of opening(s) in its midpoint when passing through a city. This leads to traffic jams and risky crossing opportunities around a city. There is no such thing as development of underpasses and flyovers to fix this problem.

Q1. Why development and governance is so weak in civilian sectors of the country?

No wonder those in the armed forces look down upon civilians in this country because they see lack of development, lack of governance, and disorganization in numerous civilian sectors of the country.

Many complain about the political situation of the country but there is hardly any focus on following:

1. Why provincial government(s) and by extension Public institutions do not do their job?

2. How development funds are misappropriated? Who is involved in misappropriation of these funds?

3. Why Pakistani political system is so expensive and elitist in its structure? Who benefits from this type of system? Does Parliamentary form of governance suit Pakistan?

I refuse to pin the entirety of the blame on the establishment for the above. Pakistani politicians and elitists in general are equally to blame for the above if not more.

I am in Islamabad these days and noticed the same while travelling through GT Road. Disorganised, no traffic police to impose fines on truck drivers who are racing through the fast lane. In Saudi Arabia its rare to see trucks even on the middle lane. I went to Lahore 2 days ago through motorway and saw literally 80 percent of the cars using high beam.

Moreover, I saw policemen manually taking overspeeding pictures and after a few kilometers one policeman was standing on the middle of the road to stop the violators.

I feel Pakistan is in dire need of an iron hand to discipline Pakistanis.

Mr @LeGenD
Let me break it down for you.

1. How many drivers do u see in pakistan having proper drivers licenses. No drivers license means no proper traffic ethics and knowledge.

2. Reason its all broken bc of over loaded trucks, they eat right through tarmac.

3. Only major highway made on hundreds of years old road. Cities formed around this road with time passed by.

Armed forces personnel are seen as idiots in the eye of public as well. So both share same the respect. If army is better in any thing its bc they are trained on such matters and the public isnt.

A. First the government doesn’t care about the general public needs and wants and secondly they own all the development companies so not a single private company that can develop this sector. everything is under the government control.

A2. Major Pakistani cities are hundreds of years old they were built in such manner. Look at big european cities like milan, Istanbul, paris look how congested they are. Only modern and planned city is islamabad, there’s no problem there.

And thanks to General Gracy Pak army still share that same mentality about the civilians (bloody civilians). Sad truth.

1. Pakistan provinces have being ruled by families for decades, theres no democratic system rather dynastic political system. And whoever is in government dont care about the people. To be honest the only change in infrastructure ive seen is in KPK.

2. Corruption is the main issue the funds are mishandled and eaten. No accountability, no justice from the court system so the crooks dont even care if they get caught. Surprisingly everything is done openly with no fear and remorse.

3. From this current system only the generals and the elite politicians benefit. General public doesn’t get any share from this system.
It doesn’t matter what system pakistan has as long as there are the same army generals and the same families ruling pakistan, the country wont see a change for good.

“The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was the convince the people he doesn’t exist” quote from the usual suspects.
Same for the politicians they hide under this mantra of jews and USA and india bs knowing they are the root of all evil. Its easy to divert than address the issue.
The general masses are so dumb and illiterate to understand,
thankfully the newer generation are smarter and can see right through them.

Its not just pakistan but all the people in subcontinent plus all third world and developing countries have the same issues.

Mullahs, lack of priorities, lack of direction, illiteracy, corruption

The fault lies entirely on the population and its sub-categories of election mentality. Easily dividable and never uniteable.

I think the people are just diorganized and chaotic. Why dont the jews ever blow each other up and devolve into crime ridden ghettos even when poor? Same applies to Japs and the Koreans.

Education and population bomb.

Cultural rot that wasn’t removed due to loss/sidelining of key leadership - namely Mohammad Ali Jinnah and Fatima Jinnah by colonial system inheritors(Unionists, some ML Cadre and Military).

to quote Arshidir Cowadjee “Sab saala chor hai siwaye Quaid e Azam ke”

Top to bottom - from 1948 to today

Poor education system which actively promotes religious fanaticism and intolerance, influence of Mullahs in society who spread hate and ignorance within the masses, kids are not taught basic civic sense which results in widespread corruption and incompetence, lack of opportunities as a result of the corrupt politicians and establishment which turns people towards crime and similar paths. It is very wrong and foolish to blame the people, the people act the way they do as a result of upbringing in a rotten society which is molded by a corrupt establishment and politicians.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom